Interview........
Waived :-)
Passport Req..
Step-1 on 05-03-12. Ecas Decision Made on 05-3-12, Step-2 02-5-12
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-12
LANDED..........
July - 12
Hello group. Do they always email when they update any thing on GCKEY account? Thanks
that's what they claim. but i have not received notice for every update except when there was a message.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Guys,
I have some question on ECAS need your advice. I never able to find any result on my UIC(or my parent UIC) with lastname and country of birth on ECAS. should i escalate this to IRCC?
But i was able to link to mycic, but the status over mycic always "submitted" since August 2 when i was able to link to application.

My timeline,
Invitation letter-------------------------April 25
AOR file number-----------------------July 26
Sponsorship Approval----------------- Oct 4, email stating the files will be transfer to hongkong,
and they waived the biometrics fee $170 on Oct 1(on my creditcard statement), i guess my parent are over 79 years old.

Your any advice/suggestion will be greately appreciated.
my userid is: ithaca
What advice are you looking for? Tag @roertp if you not in the tracker already:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B_YAyszLcUxbfe0ur7WPZRPJ0y2COpRJSt8Ce19yrhI/edit#gid=945174368

gskn4u

Star Member
Nov 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2014
AOR Received.
25-04-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Can someone please update my details to tracker:

Sponsored People - mother
Parents country of citizen - India
My province - ON
Invitation received date - April 25 2019
Application received in Ottawa date - 18th June 2019

@YULIA-2016

luckymystery

Champion Member
Aug 5, 2011
Saskatchewan
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-07-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
AOR on 05-10-11. PER Received on 25-10-11
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
LVO started processing on my file on 04-01-2012
Med's Request
05-1-12 & Recvd on 11-1-12
Med's Done....
20-1-12, received by VO on 09-2-12 & on ecas on 18-02-12
Interview........
Waived :-)
Passport Req..
Step-1 on 05-03-12. Ecas Decision Made on 05-3-12, Step-2 02-5-12
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-12
LANDED..........
July - 12
No email for status update. E-mail come when there is a msg (aka email)
oh ok. but i remember when last year I applied for visit visa for my parents, i used to get status update email too. they must have changed the process of emailing about status update now.

Reactions: caninfoseeker

mostafa2008

Aug 14, 2019
For Police Certificate, do we need one from Canada if parent has lived here longer than 6 months?
I believe answer is no, according to this page. Can someone with experience respond please?

Also will we need police certificate for every country where parent has lived over six months? Or just the countries within the past 5 years, perhaps?

The instructions I received in the letter say:
Police Certificate: For the principal applicant and dependant spouse (if applicable), please provide police certificates from:
 The country where they currently live; and
 Any country they have lived for six months or more (if applicable).

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
For Police Certificate, do we need one from Canada if parent has lived here longer than 6 months?
I believe answer is no, according to this page. Can someone with experience respond please?

Also will we need police certificate for every country where parent has lived over six months? Or just the countries within the past 5 years, perhaps?

The instructions I received in the letter say:
Police Certificate: For the principal applicant and dependant spouse (if applicable), please provide police certificates from:
 The country where they currently live; and
 Any country they have lived for six months or more (if applicable).
1. PCC from Canada is not required
2. From every country with a continues stay over 6 months

Reactions: mostafa2008

desmonddoss

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
Hi every Body,

I am new to this forum, I already applied for PGP 2019
I Received Biometric request yesterday,
I have a question from Senior members and I will appreciate if any body can help me on this Issue .
My parents living in Iran, Since In Iran there is no Legal Separation Status IRCC call Centre advise me to select Married Status on the form IMM008
I applied for My MOM and put DAD as non accompanying dependent.The Medical request received for both.
My dad does not corporate and he does not even want to submit any document or do any examination.
I don't know what can I do.
I asked my husband to talk to him but there is no chance to make him submit his document and go for medical exam or Police certification request.
My Mom did her Bio last 2 month and I am really don't know what to do and what is the best approach.
Your kind advise really appreciated.
The call centre agent advised you wrong cause you're mom should have chosen the "legally separated" status from the beginning. And your dad shouldn't be in the application. Since you already included him as non-accompanying you need to give cic more proof or evidence that your father doesn't want to comply.

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/resources/manuals/op/op02-eng.pdf

5.11. Inadmissibility and non-accompanying family members

All family members, whether accompanying the principal applicant or not, are required to be examined unless an officer decides otherwise. Normally, an inadmissible family member, whether accompanying or not, would render the principal applicant inadmissible. There are, however, two exceptions to this rule described in R23. The first is the separated spouse of the applicant and the second is where a child of the applicant who is in the legal custody of someone.

Satisfactory documentary proof of a separation and of custody being with someone other than the applicant is required. A separation agreement or custody papers are examples of acceptable proof. Officers will not issue a permanent resident visa to separated spouses, common-law partners or children in the custody of someone else, even if they are examined. This is because separated spouses and partners are not members of the family class as per R117(9)(c) and because children in the custody of someone else are non-accompanying family members.

Officers should be open to the possibility that a client may not be able to make a family member available for examination. If an applicant has done everything in their power to have their family member examined but has failed to do so, and the officer is satisfied that they are aware of the consequences of this (i.e., no future sponsorship possible), then a refusal of their application for non-compliance would not be appropriate.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/individual-pr-spouse-not-divorced-and-not-living-with-spouse.478048/#post-5898163

(read post #6)

mostafa2008

Aug 14, 2019
When sending the additional documents requested, is it better to email them all at once? Or better to send them gradually as the information becomes available. For instance, I have the CV/Resume and Travel history ready. But still waiting for Police Certificates. Any recommendation?