+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

bijoykothari

Nov 17, 2015
@robertp @YULIA-2016 Got my AoR really late last night, saw it when I woke today

• Line # in tracker: 463
  • Sponsored People: Parents
  • Parents Country of Citizenship: IND
  • Sponsor Province: QC
  • Invitations Receive Date: 24 Apr
  • Application received in Ottawa Date: 5 June
  • AoR Received (DATE): 30 Sept. 2019
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship appl. and PR appl.: both Appl. recieved (appeared today 20 Sept)
  • Sponsorship In process Date: NA
  • Sponsor ship Decision Made Date: NA
  • Biometric request date : NA
  • MyCIC update: NA
  • IME / PCC / travel history request date : NA
  • Comment : NA

Reactions: robertp

DarKnight

Feb 26, 2011
@robertp and @YULIA-2016 please update info. for Line 132 in tracker.

Received the request for the following documents on Friday, Sep 27:
  • Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)
  • Passport/Travel Document (All Pages)
  • Biometrics (if applicable)
  • Police Certificate
  • Country Specific Requirements
  • Supplementary Information – Your Travels (IMM5562)
  • Details of Military Service - IMM5546 (if applicable)
  • CV/Resume
Have sent everything they asked for (and were applicable) today.

Hanuman24

Jul 18, 2019
All who got the letter on Sept 27th have been asked this. This is listed as needed under Country Specific requirements...

Text from the letter (previous posts have documented the entire letter text) as it related to country specific requirements:

Country Specific Requirements: Please refer to the country specific requirements listed for
spouses, as these documents are applicable to parents and grandparents.

Country specific requirements can be found on our website:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp
and when you follow the link above

Country specific requirements
India - Additional forms for residents
India – Instruction(s) for documents
  • Birth certificates issued in this country: If a birth is registered late, include the original baptism certificate and other original documents establishing identity such as:
    • Old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate), and
    • Voter's ID card.
  • For divorces obtained in this country, please submit a complete divorce petition, a judgement and a Final divorce decree.
  • Identity documents for adopted child with Indian passport: If any child on your application was adopted through customary law and not through courts, you must provide an explanation and proof of the adoption, such as:
    • Original adoption deed;
    • Photographs of the adoption ceremony;
    • Power of attorney documents, if applicable;
    • Evidence of contact and financial support with adoptive parents;
    • Letter of no objection from the Central Adoption Resource Agency (CARA), Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India. The guidelines which outline CARA requirements can be found at: www.cara.nic.in
    • For international adoptions, the competent authority of the child's residence and province of intended destination must declare in writing that they approve of the adoption as conforming to the Hague Convention.
very helpful thank you !! . my parents don't have birth certificate , can i keep affidavit/notary instead . Appreciate your res

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
@robertp and @YULIA-2016 please update info. for Line 132 in tracker.

Received the request for the following documents on Friday, Sep 27:
  • Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)
  • Passport/Travel Document (All Pages)
  • Biometrics (if applicable)
  • Police Certificate
  • Country Specific Requirements
  • Supplementary Information – Your Travels (IMM5562)
  • Details of Military Service - IMM5546 (if applicable)
  • CV/Resume
Have sent everything they asked for (and were applicable) today.
Few people have send the required materials by email...is anyone who has sent by email also considering sending by mail (post)? Anyone having this OCD other than me? :p...Talk me out of this please.

ew88

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
Hi
I am in same situation. Things are blurry right now.
I am doing the process to get my PCC done meanwhile. My mother in law is currently in Canada so her PCC will be done in Montreal.
I will wait for more info on biometrics.
Good luck.
I am also in the process of getting the PCC as i have received the generic email on Sep 27. Good luck to you too

Ruby101

Apr 11, 2017
I just got the biometrics request for my mom (the principal applicant) but not for my dad (dependent). Is it normal ? My parents live 5 hours away from the biometrics collection centre. Anyone got the same request ? I really hope they can go together at once. Thank you

Reactions: ZOYAMAN13

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hello guys,
I live in Quebec and I have a question in regards to PGP application for my mother-in-law. She is from India.

I just received a letter to submit bio metrics and police certificates for my in-law. She is currently living in Canada on Super Visa.

I believe she will have to go back to India to first get and than submit these documents. Is this correct?
My second question is what is the approximate time frame after submitting bio metrics and police ceritificates before PR is issued?

Has anyone gone through similar formalities? I just wants to know approximate time frame because she is old and alone to go back to India for long time.
Thank you.
I am also in the process of getting the PCC as i have received the generic email on Sep 27. Good luck to you too
PGP2019 tracker

Please tag @YULIA-2016 and @robertp to add / update your info in tracker

• Line # in tracker: if applicable
  • Sponsored People:
  • Parents Country of Citizenship:
  • Sponsor Province:
  • Invitations Receive Date:
  • Application received in Ottawa Date:
  • AoR Received (DATE):
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship appl. and PR appl.:
  • Sponsorship In process Date:
  • Sponsorship Decision Made Date:
  • Biometric request date :
  • MyCIC update:
  • IME / PCC / travel history request date :
  • Comment :

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
in order to check the status of application, which information do you use if you have Canadian citizenship? I tried my information but it does not show anything, and I am thinking, I might have used the wrong infor. Could someone please help? Thanks.

respect2019

Jan 29, 2019
in order to check the status of application, which information do you use if you have Canadian citizenship? I tried my information but it does not show anything, and I am thinking, I might have used the wrong infor. Could someone please help? Thanks.
Use principal applicant information , date of birth etc.
i used mine same as mentioned above