+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

ifguzel

May 9, 2019
Hi all, June 3 applicant here. And no AOR yet. I don’t see any talks regarding AORs.
Has someone happened to AOR procedures?

Hanuman24

Jul 18, 2019
@robertp

Line 103

Got the PCC & standard letter today similar to others today.

Whats funny is that all requested documents (incl PCC, country specific documents e.g. Voters ID, Birth Certificates for parents, CV's, educational certificates, passport pages etc.) were already submitted with original application. PCC was proactively submitted later on Aug 04.

Of course the form was new, but all travel info was previously included as it wasn't a big deal.

I have emailed all requested documents today itself as per the letter.
Hi did you send CV as well.. can you please have sample CV ,looking for how we can do CV for old

PGP_Coast

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Read for the 4th time and please tell me how it is related to Biometrics. I will copy paste my original post here:

Hey Guys
I just noticed something about these letters and the item that says :

Country Specific Requirements: Please refer to the country specific requirements listed for spouses, as these documents are applicable to parents and grandparents.
Country specific requirements can be found on our website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

I think we have to go to this webpage and select sponsoring spouse eventhough we are not sponsoring our spouses. Once you do that, you will get a list of requirements and at the very end there is a list of “country specific requirements”

The letter says that these “country specific requirements “ for PGP program is the same as “spouse sponsorship” program.

When I check my country, it shows that birth certificate of applicant is also required which was not included in the email that we received today.

Any thoughts?
In case parent do not have Birth certificate, is it sufficient to include:
  • Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate), and
  • Voter's ID card.
Thanks,

PGP_Coast

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Hi,

In case parent do not have Birth certificate, is it sufficient to include:
  • Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate), and
  • Voter's ID card.
Thanks,

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
Hi did you send CV as well.. can you please have sample CV ,looking for how we can do CV for old
My father is 67 (not so old by todays standards; the bugger is still pumping iron regularly :D:p:D) and is operating an Architectural practice in India. We had submitted his office CV - usual information - name, dob, address, contact information, email, website etc, educational information, and major projects as opposed to employment history (as he runs his own practice).

for mom same info, and under employment - housewife.

aarit

Star Member
Jul 31, 2019
@robertp and @YULIA-2016

Received an email from IRCC for additional documents.

The list contains (not sure all are required as some of them already submitted in application).

RPRF (submitted in application)
Passport copy if the passport is about to expire in 12 months (already submitted renewed passport through webform).
PCC
Country specific requirements (for spouses)
Travel history (already submitted in application)
Details of Military service (not applicable)

Will call IRCC for more clarification.

Any inputs?

Reactions: robertp

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
My father is 67 (not so old by todays standards; the bugger is still pumping iron regularly :D:p:D) and is operating an Architectural practice in India. We had submitted his office CV - usual information - name, dob, address, contact information, email, website etc, educational information, and major projects as opposed to employment history (as he runs his own practice).

for mom same info, and under employment - housewife.
CV format can be kept very simple for PGP, ie.

Name, Last Name
Current address
Phone number

Date of birth
Personal info (family staus, children, hobbies and interests)
Info about education (names of the schools, dates)
Employment (dates, names of the companies, positions and list of duties)

deleter

Star Member
May 16, 2019
@robertp and @YULIA-2016

Received an email from IRCC for additional documents.

The list contains (not sure all are required as some of them already submitted in application).

RPRF (submitted in application)
Passport copy if the passport is about to expire in 12 months (already submitted renewed passport through webform).
PCC
Country specific requirements (for spouses)
Travel history (already submitted in application)
Details of Military service (not applicable)

Will call IRCC for more clarification.

Any inputs?
It’s not country specific requirements for spouses. It is the same requirements as per spousal sponsorship program.
Read my previous post.

p2019

Sep 27, 2019
I regularly check the progress file and read these threads.
I received invitation on April 24, Ottawa received the mailed application on May 10, got AOR on July 11.
Most people from that cohort, and many from later dates, already received the sponsor approval and are moving forward, but I have not received any communication after July 11.

Any thoughts why this may be happening?
Anyone else experiencing the same? You did something to get the processing moving?
Calling IRCC was a waste of time.

Reactions: ZOYAMAN13