+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

DC1018

Feb 18, 2017
Nope. Both of us were in India when we got our PR with a passport valid for less than 6 months. But we still got the PR and travelled to Canada without any issue.
For sure Chinese citizens won't be allowed to board on a plane with less than 6 months of validity in passport, painful experience by a friend. This is surprising. I thought it's a common rule for boarding an international flight. So I did a quick search and found one list included India and the other doesn't. I have no intention to drain on this, just be aware of the risk and plan ahead.

https://lifehacker.com/these-countries-follow-the-six-month-rule-for-passpor-1782577451

https://thepointsguy.com/2017/08/six-month-passport-validity-rule/

Reactions: ankz001

Janet2011

Jul 29, 2019
Nope. I booked the test on the very next day after receiving the request around noon (PST). Next morning around 11, medical was done with no issue whatsoever. Clinic uploaded the results on the 3rd day, fixed a small error in the IME profile along the way, results pass showed up in MyCIC on the 4th day. This is when not many people even started doing ME so it was super fast. Now, apparently there is a delay.
Wow, Superfast! Your clinic just took 1 day to upload results! My clinic said for 1 week. Anyway, thanks a lot for your reply @DC1018 !

Reactions: DC1018

snganu

Oct 2, 2011
On what basis is the local VO decided ?
My take is ONLY if you are a representative, then it will be Mississauga else the home country.
It does not matter where the parents are located. For e.g, in my case the parent is in India. In application, the address is also India, but since I am a representative, I got the local VO as Mississauga.
Even the medical forms listed my Canadian address instead of the Indian address that was in the application for my parent.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
On what basis is the local VO decided ?
My take is ONLY if you are a representative, then it will be Mississauga else the home country.
It does not matter where the parents are located. For e.g, in my case the parent is in India. In application, the address is also India, but since I am a representative, I got the local VO as Mississauga.
Even the medical forms listed my Canadian address instead of the Indian address that was in the application for my parent.
Representative local address if you have , otherwise it will PR PA Home address .

Reactions: snganu

Rushdanalb

Jul 13, 2018
just letting it gather the proper amount of dust until they process it
JK :D

Lmao that is so true. No but seriously does someone know Canada post says my file was delivered on may 13 but ecas shows received on may 14 still with app received?

when can i expect to get in process?

gopitaba

Star Member
Sep 7, 2018
Hello,

Can any one help me in linking the application to CIC?

I am family of 4 (Me, Wife, and 2 Kids), last year I sponsored my wife parents (2-> Mom and Dad), this year one parent. So I need to mention family members as 7 or 5 or 3?

Passport details --> is it parent or my details?

Current Marital Status--> mine or parent (parent is widowed).

Thank you,

snganu

Oct 2, 2011
Hello,

I am family of 4 (Me, Wife, and 2 Kids), last year I sponsored my wife parents (2-> Mom and Dad), this year one parent. So I need to mention family members as 7 or 5 or 3?

Thank you,
If your wife is NOT a co-sponsor, then family member will be only 2 (you and the parent you are sponsoring), assuming the sponsored person does not have any dependents. The passport and marital status details will be for the parent.

Ehaskhu

Star Member
Mar 28, 2019
Hello guys,
how long it takes to get a response (medical or PCC) from LVO london after decision made?
Is there anyone who's parents are here ( from pakistan) and LVO is mississauga.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hello,

Thank you,
[Sponsor + if cosigner] no kids + [PA + if Dep] =

gopitaba

Star Member
Sep 7, 2018
If your wife is NOT a co-sponsor, then family member will be only 2 (you and the parent you are sponsoring), assuming the sponsored person does not have any dependents. The passport and marital status details will be for the parent.
My wife is a co-sponsor. I tried with 3 (2 --> me and wife, + 1 parent). didn't work out.

Do I need to wait for certain time to add on CIC?