+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Congratulations to the ones who have already received PPR.

For my understanding:

1. Will everyone receive Biometrics request?
2. Will everyone receive Medicals request? I see some ppl. see decision made already without the Medicals
3. Does biometric request comes before the medicals request?

Thanks!
1. NO. Many people who are in Canada in Super Visa and had Bio before were exempted already
2. NO. If they have a medical within last 12 months, they can be exempted.
3. Yes

neet13

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone
I just called CIC and they asked for Receipt number and verified my application was received. It’s in the first stages of verifying information of applicant. They gave a temporary file number and confirmed what everyone here has said, remove the X and that will be your file number. My application was received June 10. But not showing in Ecas yet.
It is a relief to know this!!!

I have the temp XF number too. Can we check online status with that.

DC1018

Feb 18, 2017
@robertp @YULIA-2016

By the way, please correct my info on the tracker, it's about a week for counterfoil to be ready in CPC-Ottawa right now. Overall PPR to Passport return should be about 2-3 weeks, according to another PPR tracker.

08.06 Received by CPC-Ottawa

Again, I consider myself to be extremely lucky. VO did me a huge favour to move up the processing sequences in the PR stage and all timings worked out perfectly in both stages. My case should be only a reference for processing steps, not for timeline.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
I have a question for those whose LVO ic CPC-Mississauga. The medical request that my mother has received is showing my Canadian address though my mother is in India. How will the doctor validate the Canadian address, as the form says ?
What did you put as their current resident/permanent resident address?

As long as they have the medical letter, I don't believe it's an issue. They can do medical anywhere.

snganu

Oct 2, 2011
What did you put as their current resident/permanent resident address?

As long as they have the medical letter, I don't believe it's an issue. They can do medical anywhere.
In PR forms her current and resident address is India. ecas also shows her Indian address.
However, I am her representative may be that's why my LVO is CPC-Mississauga and address on medical is also my Canadian address.

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
Does anyone here from India has an experience about renewing their parent's passport while being in Canada on visitor/super visa? Need help with one thing. Thanks!

snganu

Oct 2, 2011
Did anyone here from India has an experience about renewing their parent's passport while being in Canada on visitor/super visa? Need help with one thing. Thanks!
I have done that a long time ago. The process was fairly simple. Just contact your nearest India BLS center and they will guide you. The whole process may take 2-3 months.

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
I have done that a long time ago. The process was fairly simple. Just contact your nearest India BLS center and they will guide you. The whole process may take 2-3 months.
Thanks for responding. I went through their website, have all documentation ready. They need address proof of Canada for parents. My mum does not have a bank account or driver's license from Canada. Any idea what documentation can be given for that?

JasonDyk

Star Member
Jul 25, 2019
Thanks for responding. I went through their website, have all documentation ready. They need address proof of Canada for parents. My mum does not have a bank account or driver's license from Canada. Any idea what documentation can be given for that?
You can provide your address proof in Canada. She is on a Super Visa? if so, then also provide her status in Canada as well.

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
You can provide your address proof in Canada. She is on a Super Visa? if so, then also provide her status in Canada as well.
There is a separate column asking for sponsor's documents as well. In address proof column it says:

PROOF OF ADDRESS:

Driver’s License or Ontario Government issued photo ID card or Utility Bill (must be less than 6 months old).

Please note: Proof of address must match the same as ‘Address to be printed on the passport’.

For applicants on Study permit or Visitor Record, please enter the Indian address under ‘Address to be printed’ and current Canadian address under ‘Other addresses on the online form. (If the address is the same as the Indian address mentioned in your recent Indian passport, Indian address proof is not required, but you are required to provide proof of your current Canadian address).

Tried calling BLS many times but no luck, so hoping someone here can help.

snganu

Oct 2, 2011
When you go for Medicals, does the physician give you the reports or they themselves submit it to IRCC ?.
Do they hand over anything at all, any receipt etc ?

The medical letter mentions this
"To obtain a copy of your Immigration Medical Examination please ask the panel physician at the time of your appointment."

Anyone of you here did that ?

Last edited: