+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

jotgrewal

Jan 8, 2011
Canada
My ECAS says application received but CIC account says, we are processing your application and will let you know, once we start reviewing your eligibility !!!!!
Confused ? It is IN-PROCESS or APP Received stage only ?
The CIC account shows that message as standard, your APP is still in received stage.

JasonDyk

Star Member
Jul 25, 2019
My application for PGP2019 was received on Jun 8. I haven't received the email with the file number yet. How many weeks does it take to get the file nu

How much time did it take to get a file number?
Nothing is gonna happen until September for June applicants. They are stuck on 17th May. Wait for 4 to 6 more weeks. And by looking at the tracker everyone can get some ideas.

jotgrewal

Jan 8, 2011
Canada
I understand the process bar is meaningless .The reason i am asking is that my application was received on may10th,and I'm able to see the bar until this noon.So i am assuming they are processing my application?
The progress bar is merely based on the time lapsed since the application received, its in no way real progress of your application based on the stages is has gone thru yet or not.

Mandriva

Jun 19, 2014
Hi. I am asking experienced people for their opinion on PCC. I am a June 3rd applicant. My father used to work in a foreign country between 2008-2010, so, he will need PCC from that country. I checked the consulate website of the country and it states that it takes up to 3 months to obtain the document. I saw on this forum multiple times that CIC gives us 30 days to provide the police certificates. In your opinion, how soon should I apply for PCC from that country if I still didn't get an ECAS update? I want to apply for the police certificate from that country in advance but I also don't want it to expire. Thanks!

WPG_PR

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Hi. I am asking experienced people for their opinion on PCC. I am a June 3rd applicant. My father used to work in a foreign country between 2008-2010, so, he will need PCC from that country. I checked the consulate website of the country and it states that it takes up to 3 months to obtain the document. I saw on this forum multiple times that CIC gives us 30 days to provide the police certificates. In your opinion, how soon should I apply for PCC from that country if I still didn't get an ECAS update? I want to apply for the police certificate from that country in advance but I also don't want it to expire. Thanks!
I would say do it asap if they take 3 months to issue a PCC. And PCC is valid for 6 months so don't worry about expiration.

Reactions: Mandriva

igor4rus

Jul 25, 2019
Nothing is gonna happen until September for June applicants. They are stuck on 17th May. Wait for 4 to 6 more weeks. And by looking at the tracker everyone can get some ideas.
They are not processing applications in any order. So, your application can be picked up tomorrow. There is no order, it is random.

Reactions: JasonDyk

DC1018

Feb 18, 2017
Did you also appoint your relative to obtain Hukou? I got SA for my mum but still waiting on PCC, medical and potential request for “Hukou”. She’s here in Canada and I’m wondering if she could get Hukou without going back?
Yes she surely can. Baidu for instructions. Basically you need to give the representative a letter of appointment, signed and finger printed.

JasonDyk

Star Member
Jul 25, 2019
They are not processing applications in any order. So, your application can be picked up tomorrow. There is no order, it is random.
Hahaha.. What? Don't provide wrong info here please. Look at the tracker and tell me if they have started processing any June application.

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Can someone please share their experience/opinion on this.
My parents are in Spain right now, they have plans to come here in October, can’t postpone much as I am expecting and i need them to be here.
My application was received on May 10th. So far, may10 is just on received status.
I am hoping and believe they will get the biometrics request soon which they can do in Spain. If they get the medicals requests also somewhere in the August and they do medicals there, i think my mom might need to go for further tests for TB, she never had TB but in super visa’s medicals she had some chest scars and they did sputum culture and repeated x-rays. She was put on medical surveillance and she again did another xray and a couple of sputum test last year on her visit to Canada.
Now, if she does her initial medicals back home and lets say does the sputum culture too, but the reaults take 8 weeks. And also, if asked to repeat xrays after 3 months, its gonna be upto november/ december.
Question: If she gives sputum samples and comes here, can she go to another panel physician in Canada to do the xrays and can both the panel physcians access to her e-medical? The one from back home will upload the sputum results and the one here will upload the xrays?
Is it possible?
Any ideaa about this please?

mbatta

Star Member
Mar 7, 2019
My parents are on super visa and I can confirm that super visitors only get the two-year stay on their first visit. We have even gone through the process of an extension when they were only given a 6 months stay but we were asked to go for the medicals again in Canada. I think medical is the reason that they don't want to keep on issuing 2 year stays on every visit as a person's health can change over a period of 10 years.
Earlier it used to be 2 years initial visit. 6 months consecutive visits. As per update as of Jun 18, 2018 every visit is for 2 years provided they havnt stamped a date on the passport when you are entering. Please check on the link. My mother is on second 2 yrs visit in Canada. I confirmed with Border services while coming back from US, They confirmed that too.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/updates/2018-super-visa-guidance.html

Reactions: rabb_di_raga