+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

jotgrewal

Jan 8, 2011
Canada
Good morning all,
My husband is the co-signer to my parents sponsorship application which we mailed to Cic in mid June. His PR card renewed yesterday with anew card number than what we have submitted.

Please advise how can I update Cic with the new PR card number of the co-signer!
I am so worried please help! Thanks all.
You can submit the update via CIC online portal

mydesire

Star Member
Mar 31, 2009
Ottawa
I failed to link my application more than 20X (4or 5x a day), anyone have same issue with this linking apps?
Here is my info:
Sponsor: DM as sponsor as of July 25
Principal Applicant: In Process as of July 25
Biometric Request: July 25 (Completed July 30)
Medical: Patiently waiting.

*** Very eager to see this famous progress bar.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
I failed to link my application more than 20X (4or 5x a day), anyone have same issue with this linking apps?
Here is my info:
Sponsor: DM as sponsor as of July 25
Principal Applicant: In Process as of July 25
Biometric Request: July 25 (Completed July 30)
Medical: Patiently waiting.

*** Very eager to see this famous progress bar.
to link application use following formula to count family member
[Sponsor + if co-signer] no kids + [ PA + if dep]

use PA passport # and date to link application .

Reactions: mydesire

Ammar306

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
to link application use following formula to count family member
[Sponsor + if co-signer] no kids + [ PA + if dep]

use PA passport # and date to link application .
I am having the exact same issue. I tried everything and it still doesn’t link. Don’t know what to do now

Reactions: mydesire

jotgrewal

Jan 8, 2011
Canada
Okay, my dad is married to my mom.
I will change the family size into 5 ppl.
My baby was born in 2018
so for the income requirements :
2016 - 4 ppl
2017- 4 ppl
2018- 5 ppl
Right?
if there are no other dependent for your mother and you (and your spouse -in case a co-sponsor) have not sponsorred anyone in past then yes, that is correct

robreeves

Jun 24, 2014
For those that have progressed further with their applications, have you found the biometrics, medial and police check requests come via email or via the MyCIC?

Janet2011

Jul 29, 2019
I am having the exact same issue. I tried everything and it still doesn’t link. Don’t know what to do now
I had the same issue for more than 3 weeks and finally linked on July 29th. I think the only way is to keep trying it. I tried every combination and the following one worked for me:

use File application number
use city of birth of PA but not the passport #
to count family member : [Sponsor + if co-signer] no kids + [ PA + if dep]

prat7734

Nov 14, 2014
My application for PGP2019 was received on Jun 8. I haven't received the email with the file number yet. How many weeks does it take to get the file nu
I understand the process bar is meaningless .The reason i am asking is that my application was received on may10th,and I'm able to see the bar until this noon.So i am assuming they are processing my application?
How much time did it take to get a file number?

jotgrewal

Jan 8, 2011
Canada
My application for PGP2019 was received on Jun 8. I haven't received the email with the file number yet. How many weeks does it take to get the file nu

How much time did it take to get a file number?
You can get an idea from the tracker, but I would say expect something after mid August

Smileforu

Jan 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
April 2010
File Transfer...
April 2010 ! March 2012 6-12 months wait letter
My ECAS says application received but CIC account says, we are processing your application and will let you know, once we start reviewing your eligibility !!!!!
Confused ? It is IN-PROCESS or APP Received stage only ?

JasonDyk

Star Member
Jul 25, 2019
**Opinion**

Rather than adding the progress bar to the CIC application status, they should have put those hours into processing applications :)
It is a system upgrade and done by their IT staff. Case officers aren't the one did this upgrade. Just saying. Processing time is 20 to 24 months. They might have done this upgrade because of some impatience applicants.