+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

hallieliu

Apr 13, 2016
Some useful information and from official source (ATIP notes), but this is for my case, I cannot say that it is 100% right for everybody, but at least it gives some idea.
When we are able to link, the completeness check is done and the agent make a note that the file is ready for creation, in my case the notes was done on June 21 and the file created on June 24, (I linked it on June 26, but maybe I was able to link it on June 24 too :rolleyes:).
Then CIC requests info from CRA, I provided Option C and my SIN with my application, but it was mentioned income verification, so maybe the verified the information only without using my SIN.
Later when you see the second line in process it means that they checked your eligibility, whether you meet income threshold or no, marital status, and other issues related to eligibility and the agent makes notes related to your eligibility.
For a person (I don't remember) who was insisting, that I'll get biometrics request, whether my parent here is in Canada or no and it is matter of time:
I have the following note: PA is currently residing in Canada. No Biometric fee required. PO to review (I don't now the meaning of this). And in my biometrics fee part it was mentioned that the fee required was entered by error (I did not pay biometrics fees)
And then waiting time for: Case pending for officer review.
I am happy that a lot of people on this forum sharing information and not getting it only, as it is not ethical to get without giving :)
May i ask how long it takes for you to receive ATIP notes?

Reactions: idefix

Sully_McGregor

Feb 21, 2018
Medical was done on the 22nd ( Monday ) and the medical place had mentioned that if we do not hear back from them for more tests till Friday (26th) then that will mean everything is good. So i had called the medical place this Monday ( 29th) to check if they had sent out the results to cic and they confirmed that the results were sent to cic on that day ( 29th) and I checked yesterday there was no update in my cic account , but today there was an update that " You passed the medical ".
Congrats!
We did medical on the 23rd (Tuesday), so maybe I'm looking for the results a little too early. Having someone else's timeline to compare to is very helpful. Thank you for sharing

Reactions: idefix

chandra415

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney -> Mississauga -> NDVO
App. Filed.......
04-11-2019 (App Received Date)
AOR Received.
23-11-2019
File Transfer...
File Transfer to NDVO: 13-01-2020
Med's Request
06-12-2019
Med's Done....
Medicals passed on 11-12-2019
Passport Req..
Waiting Eagerly
May be they are cleaning up backlog. It does not make sense that 1st and 2nd May people are waiting and 8th May have medical request. I wonder which order they are processing applications. My status is still application received.
I dont think anyone from May 8th got medical request, i know only till May 7th got medicals request, and of course there are some misses till may 7th also, but in general, most of applicants till May 7th got Medical request

brgill

Star Member
May 14, 2019
Congrats!
We did medical on the 23rd (Tuesday), so maybe I'm looking for the results a little too early. Having someone else's timeline to compare to is very helpful. Thank you for sharing
Thanks!!
It really depends from where you get your medicals done..some medical places are quick to send the medical results back to cic but mine was bit slow..so you may get results uploaded to cic by tomorrow!!

diegosolano

Jul 24, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
May be they are cleaning up backlog. It does not make sense that 1st and 2nd May people are waiting and 8th May have medical request. I wonder which order they are processing applications. My status is still application received.
No order at all, they get the applications and distribute to agents, some are fast, some are regular, some are slow
Trust me, I feel your frustration, our application was received the first day, but at least it's in Process, though who knows how long it can be on that status, nothing to do but wait and not get too crazy calling, ordering useless notes, etc

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
@YULIA-2016
Please update line 202

o Line # in tracker: 202
o Invitations Receive Date: Apr. 24, 2019
o Application received in Ottawa Date: May 15, 2019
o AoR Received (DATE): Not Received yet
o Ecas Status for Sponsorship appl. and PR appl.: Updated on July 31 'Application Received'
@YULIA-2016 And I was also able to link the application in My CIC today, I used the following information to link:
  • last name, first name of applicant, and the date of birth
  • passport information
  • under family size: didn't include our kid, didn't include the previously sponsored (my parents)
Haven't received the AoR yet!

Reactions: robertp

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
@RAY2112
you can check In process date in Ecas. click on "In Process" and you will see 2nd line like "We started processing your application on June 21, 2019'

Last edited:

nonamejustfame

May 10, 2019
When you'll click on In process in sponsor part, then you'll see the second line when they started processing your application
My ECAS is stuck at this line with "In Process" status since July 12th , what does that mean?Are they waiting for some kind of review..?Why for some cases they issue DM after just couple of days of "In process" whereas for some of us it is stuck?

newandold

Jan 30, 2017
My ECAS is stuck at this line with "In Process" status since July 12th , what does that mean?Are they waiting for some kind of review..?Why for some cases they issue DM after just couple of days of "In process" whereas for some of us it is stuck?
Everything is possible, but it is possible that we are simply waiting for case officer review for approval, as in my case. My file is in process from July 4