+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
Hi Robert,

The link you provided is somewhat vague as it does not specifically say that you do not need a police certificate for your time in Canada when applying for Permanent Residence. I have read in this forum that some of their parents were asked to provide Police Clearance for all the countries they have lived for more than 6 months so that's why I am being proactive with regards to my mom as she is going back home and maybe not coming back until she becomes a PR (fingers-crossed).
I don't know, but it seems very clear to me and consistent with the common understanding in the previous pages...

coolblues1980

Star Member
Aug 9, 2013
For anyone who received a request for additional documents, when you sent the additional documents to the provided email address, did you get an acknowledgement email back? I didn't receive any, so was wondering if they didn't setup an auto-reply to indicate that they've atleast received the email.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hi Robert,

The link you provided is somewhat vague as it does not specifically say that you do not need a police certificate for your time in Canada when applying for Permanent Residence. I have read in this forum that some of their parents were asked to provide Police Clearance for all the countries they have lived for more than 6 months so that's why I am being proactive with regards to my mom as she is going back home and maybe not coming back until she becomes a PR (fingers-crossed).

NO PCC from canada. You can ask que on social media platforms to IRCC.

My PIL got PR 2018 and we never submitted canadian PCC even after 1 year long stay in 2015-2016.

Yes all the country but NOT FROM CANADA.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
@APPLE@0722 I see in the tracker that PCC for Canada has been requested for your mom...How long did she stayed here in Canada?
The PCC letter is generic and don't mention any country. It says applicable for any countries over 6 months..however a separate IRCC link says for your stay in Canada, you don't need it.

IRCC can conduct security check for the person for their stay in Canada. I am assuming this is the reason they don't need for one from Canada.

Omega79

Jun 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Damascus, Beirut, Bucharest
Nomination.....
CSQ: 30-06-2010
AOR Received.
Federal: 20-07-2010
File Transfer...
Bucharest 22-02-2012
Med's Request
27-05-2014 (second request, didn't receive the first in may 2013)
Med's Done....
12-06-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2014
LANDED..........
April 1st, 2015
Is anybody have valid passed medical from super visa and linked the application? Please can you check what is the status of background check in mycic?
My parents are actually here on super visa, myCIC showing medical exam (not requested) and background check (not applicable).
Is that different from parents applying from their home country?

Omega79

Jun 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Damascus, Beirut, Bucharest
Nomination.....
CSQ: 30-06-2010
AOR Received.
Federal: 20-07-2010
File Transfer...
Bucharest 22-02-2012
Med's Request
27-05-2014 (second request, didn't receive the first in may 2013)
Med's Done....
12-06-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2014
LANDED..........
April 1st, 2015
Did you get your response? I thought it was at the same time so I sent it to quebec but it got returned back saying that I didnt send the acceptance letter from the canadian immigration. I thought the first email we all received was the one.
Same here, it was returned.

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
My parents are actually here on super visa, myCIC showing medical exam (not requested) and background check (not applicable).
It says the same for me. My parents are applying from home country. This is generic and will change

newandold

Jan 30, 2017
My background check was in process and only today it changed to not applicable, when I researched I noticed that it may happen after medical results, that why I was looking for the person with similar situation. Is the medical of your parent(s) still valid? Was it not applicable always?

Reactions: calgary17

pgp_ns

Jul 10, 2019
Hi,

I am new to this forum. My PGP application was received on May 01st. I could link application to CIC account on June 10th and have file number starts with 'FXXXX'. Since then the status in ECAS shows 'Application Received on May01st'. It is not further progressed.

Is there anybody whose application received on May 01st and still not progressed?

Thanks,

sdhaliwal1984

May 24, 2019
Hi Guys, My parents are here in Canada on super visa. Thee were here at the time application was submitted. Do they need to leave Canada to give Bio-metrics? I called CIC today and they said that my parents need to leave if biometrics are required. We haven't received bio-metrics request yet. I am really worried and want to plan in advance if they need to leave Canada. Can someone in same situation please advise?