+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

redmonkey1995

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
so 2 things ..
1) application is at VO level (which mean sponsor eligibility approved and transferred to VO)?
2) with other PR application like Spousal and Express Entry, biometric is requested at the end of the process with Passport Request. Not sure if the process has changed or maybe it's different for different VOs?
Spouse people are also receiving biometrics request immediately 1 day before SA approval as well recently

redmonkey1995

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
@YULIA-2016 please kindly update line 15
Decision made for sponsor column was on July 3, not July 2.

PA column on ECAS changed to Application Received today (July 8).
AOR for PR application received on myCIC, file transfered to Hong Kong.
Medical request received.
Also additional document request received today for household registry (hukou), PCC, photos, and updated forms (5669 & 5406)
They also list a bunch of other things stated as if not yet submit/ if applicable (i.e. hospital birth certificate, bio-page of passport, receipt of RPRF, divorce/ death certficate, etc.)
They request for PCC as well?

Reactions: Canada_Super

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
Someone also mentioned applications from India and China are processing at a faster rate, which is also obviously cannot be true.

Every application and every applicants are different and we can presume IRRC have no reason to show biases to one province or country over another.
But it is horribly true. I mentioned it earlier, and if you look at all light blues in the tracker (DM for Sponsor) the are all from China / India.

This is an observation only based on what we have as evidence (till date) and there is no need to turn this into a political debate...

darkproc

May 30, 2019
Someone also mentioned applications from India and China are processing at a faster rate, which is also obviously cannot be true.

Every application and every applicants are different and we can presume IRRC have no reason to show biases to one province or country over another.
I think it's kind of true. Applicants from China and India have received decision on sponsor and asked documents, biometrics, medical, etc. and applicants from other countries nothing happening. my application was received April 29 and was in process since June 11. But nothing so far. That's very strange.

I'm not saying they're discriminating, but is there any explanation? I submitted the second day possible

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
I think it's kind of true. Applicants from China and India have received decision on sponsor and asked documents, biometrics, medical, etc. and applicants from other countries nothing happening. my application was received April 29 and was in process since June 11. But nothing so far. That's very strange.
Yes it is true, I had pointed out this trend a few pages back...

vivek_vig

May 27, 2013
For my parents’ PR file it’s been showing decision made since last week but haven’t received any email or update from immigration, is it normal?
What is the status in mycic? What does it show in "Review of eligibility" and "Final decision"?

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
But it is horribly true. I mentioned it earlier, and if you look at all light blues in the tracker (DM for Sponsor) the are all from China / India.

This is an observation only based on what we have as evidence (till date) and there is no need to turn this into a political debate...
This is because only people from India and China mostly put their information in the tracker in huge number. They are open to provide information that helps everyone.

I think most people from other countries want to visit this forum only when they have some problem.

I am neither from India nor from China.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
For my parents’ PR file it’s been showing decision made since last week but haven’t received any email or update from immigration, is it normal?
you are not in tracker ( https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B_YAyszLcUxbfe0ur7WPZRPJ0y2COpRJSt8Ce19yrhI/edit#gid=945174368 )

can you please provide all listed details to add your info in tracker @YULIA-2016

Sponsored people :
Parents Country of Citizenship
Prov.
Invitations Receive Date
Application received in Ottawa Date
In Process Date
Decision Made Date
Ecas statu for PR Application

nonamejustfame

May 10, 2019

rang_canada

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
App. Filed.......
2019-04-29
File Transfer...
2019-07-08
Med's Request
2019-07-08
Med's Done....
2019-07-17

andy4u

Apr 1, 2019
This is because only people from India and China mostly put their information in the tracker in huge number. They are open to provide information that helps everyone.

I think most people from other countries want to visit this forum only when they have some problem.

I am neither from India nor from China.
Also India and China make up the largest immigration countries for Canada, so it makes sense that they are on top of approvals for PGP as well. They just make up a larger portion of the applications so it seems that they are getting processed faster.
Just my 2 cents :)