+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
Need your expertise please....
My application is received on May 17th. Online tool still does not identify my info. I started to create an account for my parents with the hope of linking their paper application to an online account. However after creating the account and signing in, the only options I see are changing password/security questions, and revoking the account. There is a continue button which takes me to the main CIC page. I dont see link my application or similar thing there. Anyone else had a similar experience?
They are processing applications received May 13/14th right now. I suspect another week to 10 days and yours will also show "Application received" status. See the first link in my signature on behind the scene process.

Re: myCIC, on the mail page, you will see a link underneath the "View the applications you submitted, you will see this:

"Did you apply on paper or don't see your online application in your account? Add (link) your application to your account to access it and check your status online."

Last edited:
Reactions: Ramona2019

salviDec2017

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
He sent a webform and got approved rather quickly. I think you just need to lay out your reasons and request nicely. To be honest, I think most VOs will likely to grant the extension; maybe he has one less application to look at for the time being :)
so 2 things ..
1) application is at VO level (which mean sponsor eligibility approved and transferred to VO)?
2) with other PR application like Spousal and Express Entry, biometric is requested at the end of the process with Passport Request. Not sure if the process has changed or maybe it's different for different VOs?

rang_canada

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
App. Filed.......
2019-04-29
File Transfer...
2019-07-08
Med's Request
2019-07-08
Med's Done....
2019-07-17
@YULIA-2016 please kindly update line 15
Decision made for sponsor column was on July 3, not July 2.

PA column on ECAS changed to Application Received today (July 8).
AOR for PR application received on myCIC, file transfered to Hong Kong.
Medical request received.
Also additional document request received today for household registry (hukou), PCC, photos, and updated forms (5669 & 5406)
They also list a bunch of other things stated as if not yet submit/ if applicable (i.e. hospital birth certificate, bio-page of passport, receipt of RPRF, divorce/ death certficate, etc.)

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Someone also mentioned applications from India and China are processing at a faster rate, which is also obviously cannot be true.

Every application and every applicants are different and we can presume IRRC have no reason to show biases to one province or country over another.

Reactions: Canada_Super

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
They are processing applications received May 13/14th right now. I suspect another week to 10 days and yours will also show "Application received" status. See the first link in my signature on behind the scene process.

Re: myCIC, on the mail page, you will see a link underneath the "View the applications you submitted, you will see this:

"Did you apply on paper or don't see your online application in your account? Add (link) your application to your account to access it and check your status online."
Did anyone from May 14th reported anything today? The info in the tracker is old and that was out of trend at that time.

rsky

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Someone also mentioned applications from India and China are processing at a faster rate, which is also obviously cannot be true.

Every application and every applicants are different and we can presume IRRC have no reason to show biases to one province or country over another.
We are not talking about bias...just guessing that Ontario has larger volume of applications for sure than other province ( in comparison) that might play role...any ways every case is different...we came so far...good luck everyone.

blueiris1228

Jun 25, 2019
@YULIA-2016 please kindly update line 15
Decision made for sponsor column was on July 3, not July 2.

PA column on ECAS changed to Application Received today (July 8).
AOR for PR application received on myCIC, file transfered to Hong Kong.
Medical request received.
Also additional document request received today for household registry (hukou), PCC, photos, and updated forms (5669 & 5406)
They also list a bunch of other things stated as if not yet submit/ if applicable (i.e. hospital birth certificate, bio-page of passport, receipt of RPRF, divorce/ death certficate, etc.)
hi, so all the requests are listed in Mycic? Thanks

mle.87

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 23rd 2015
AOR Received.
July 23rd 2015
File Transfer...
August 27th 2015 - AOR 2
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 30th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
October 18th 2015
LANDED..........
November 12th 2015
1)Yes you can apply for 2020 PGP
2)Biometric required for PR application

My question is since they have already done a biometric exam for their Super Visa, do they need to do a new one for PGP Sponsorship? Or will their Super Visa biometrics carry over?

Smileforu

Jan 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
April 2010
File Transfer...
April 2010 ! March 2012 6-12 months wait letter
My application was received on May 9 and spoke with CIC today as I cannot see ECAS ! It is still not in process and no movement so far. Not sure how they are process May 13 week when prior week is not done :(

redmonkey1995

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
My question is since they have already done a biometric exam for their Super Visa, do they need to do a new one for PGP Sponsorship? Or will their Super Visa biometrics carry over?
They have to redo it for PR, biometrics for visitor visa is not the same as for PR and all PR must redo biometrics except those legally in Canada at time of submission and will stay for more than 6 months (super visa people)

Reactions: mle.87

mitul01

Mar 7, 2015
Brampton
Category........
CEC
For my parents’ PR file it’s been showing decision made since last week but haven’t received any email or update from immigration, is it normal?