+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Tropics

Star Member
Dec 3, 2016
What are the chances of parents getting US- B2 visa while being on super visa in Canada? Anybody has any idea?
My mom who has been here for 2 years on supervise got a US visa in February. She actually applied for one back in 2011 while she was still working but didn't get it, and somehow she got it while here in Canada. Was an easy process, not a lot of questions like they asked her the first time she went in home country. I would try if I were you. You ever know. Nothing to lose except for visa fee.

Reactions: ankz001

goog7890

Star Member
Feb 22, 2019
@YULIA-2016 Please add the following to the spreadsheet.

Username: ankitpatel23590
Sponsored People: Parents
Parents Country of Citizenship: India
Province - BC
Invitation received date - April 24, 2019
Application received in Ottawa- May 10, 2019
ECAS status ( for both sponsor and PA): Application Received - 3rd July, 2019
Linked to MyCIC - 3rd July, 2019

Thank you!
How did you link to Mycic? MYCIC is your parent's, right? They asked how many family members when you link to mycic? me, my wife, my son, and my parents? should i enter 5? you used temp file no. to link? or UCI? thanks

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
My mom who has been here for 2 years on supervise got a US visa in February. She actually applied for one back in 2011 while she was still working but didn't get it, and somehow she got it while here in Canada. Was an easy process, not a lot of questions like they asked her the first time she went in home country. I would try if I were you. You ever know. Nothing to lose except for visa fee.
Thanks for your guidance. Did she have to prove ties for back home during interview? Or show her funds? Will it be ok if I say i will be sponsoring her trip with me and I have US Visa already and show my bank statements? Do you remember which embassy did you go to?

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
How did you link to Mycic? MYCIC is your parent's, right? They asked how many family members when you link to mycic? me, my wife, my son, and my parents? should i enter 5? you used temp file no. to link? or UCI? thanks
Do not count your kids
Formula to count family member to link myCIC is
(Sponsor+cosigner + PA+dep)
In your case
1 sponsor (you)
1 cosigner ( if your wife cosigner)
1 principal applicant your Dad
1 dependent your mom

Total 4 if you have co signer
Total 3 if you dont have cosigner

Last edited:

Tropics

Star Member
Dec 3, 2016
Thanks for your guidance. Did she have to prove ties for back home during interview? Or show her funds? Will it be ok if I say i will be sponsoring her trip with me and I have US Visa already and show my bank statements? Do you remember which embassy did you go to?
My mom has no ties to home or money. We have a friend in the US who gave us an invitation letter to visit her and her family for a weekend. We gave my mom our bank statements to show we would be paying for her trip.

Reactions: ankz001

VTG

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visa Office......
Edmonton
App. Filed.......
2015-01-29
AOR Received.
2015-03-10
File Transfer...
2015-06-02
Surprisingly if it is possible. I want to resubmit the use of representative form again. I forgot to add province in the address of representative although the postal code is mentioned. I was filing visitor record application and PR application at the same time and I did this mistake on visitor record application so IRCC asked me to resubmit the form via webform. I wonder if I can submit the new form with a correction before they ask for it?
I don’t see why not, the agent I spoke with said no hard submitting before it’s asked for. He seemed to think it will just help the process.

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
My mom has no ties to home or money. We have a friend in the US who gave us an invitation letter to visit her and her family for a weekend. We gave my mom our bank statements to show we would be paying for her trip.
Sounds good, Thank you!

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
My father is currently on a regular visitor visa and got the B2 this April. From my own experience, it's easier to apply.
Can I ask what location did they go to for interview? Heard that most location immigration officers dont like other country citizens applications to be processed in Canada. Can an interpreter also be requested for? Any idea?

Kayaker

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
11-10-2014
Question to the people who got requested additional documentation for death certificate of one parent:

did you include in your application any documentation showing your one parent is deceased (that the sponsored parent is widowed) or you did not include anything? If you included something, what did you send them?