+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

snganu

Oct 2, 2011
May 13th.
Please wait for your ecas to become available and linking to myCIC. Once available you should be able to send address change request. IRCC normally send updates through email so you should still be good if your email is still the same that you provided during EOI/Application.

Last edited:

sharareh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2014
Please wait for your ecas to become available and linking to myCIC. Once available you should be able to send address change request. IRCC normally sends updates through email so you should still be good if your email is still the same that you provided during EOI/Application.
Thanks.
If I understood it right, I have to use my UCI number for ecase but mine is expired and can not do anything. And for mycic update to link it, I have difficulty with log jn and alao, it doesn’t accept main applicant info.

snganu

Oct 2, 2011
Thanks.
If I understood it right, I have to use my UCI number for ecase but mine is expired and can not do anything. And for mycic update to link it, I have difficulty with log jn and alao, it doesn’t accept main applicant info.
You can use Receipt Number that you must have received, when you paid your fee, to check ecas status. You can also use your parents UCI, if they ever visited Canada earlier.

deleter

Star Member
May 16, 2019
Congrats to those who received biometrics request!
Does any of you have their parents here with them? and what is your plan for biometrics as it cannot be done in Canada?

diegosolano

Jul 24, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Is anyone here who made a mistake in EOI (for e.g mismatch in family Unit size) ? and sent explanation letter and still received ecas or myCIC ?
I am worried because I included my mother (whom I am sponsoring in the count) whereas the EOI asked not to count the person being sponsored. I did send an explanation letter that it was an honest mistake but do not have any status yet so a bit worried. IRCC did confirm that they received my application on May 10th but have no file number yet.
I had the same mistake and included an explanatory letter, ECAS is only showing application received
The package was received on April 26th, 2019. I think I am in for the long run for this process, no updates, no AOR, no SA, nothing. It doesn't matter that I was prepared to send the package as soon as I got the invite as the processing is clearly not done in order but just randomly

snganu

Oct 2, 2011
I had the same mistake and included an explanatory letter, ECAS is only showing application received
The package was received on April 26th, 2019. I think I am in for the long run for this process, no updates, no AOR, no SA, nothing. It doesn't matter that I was prepared to send the package as soon as I got the invite as the processing is clearly not done in order but just randomly
@diegosolano . I am assuming you must have already called IRCC, did they tell you any file noting in your case, or the usual response of no file number assigned yet, and we will send you an AOR when done?

cit_izen

Star Member
Feb 21, 2014
My Application was received on June 26. The e-cas has no update. CIC said to call back after a month or so. Any idea what the timelines are for ecas to be updated?

Also, baby 2 is expected in 2 months. Do I need to call CIC and inform them?

snganu

Oct 2, 2011
My Application was received on June 26. The e-cas has no update. CIC said to call back after a month or so. Any idea what the timelines are for ecas to be updated?

Also, baby 2 is expected in 2 months. Do I need to call CIC and inform them?
ecas is now at 8-10 weeks and may become longer as CIC process more application. Your's may get updated in Sept time frame. By the time baby arrives, hopefully you will have ecas and myCIC and can update them realtime.

diegosolano

Jul 24, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
@diegosolano . I am assuming you must have already called IRCC, did they tell you any file noting in your case, or the usual response of no file number assigned yet, and we will send you an AOR when done?
The application is linked on GCKey with a file number starting with F. Other than that I haven't received any requests nor letters