+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

vivek_vig

May 27, 2013
Every time you cross cross a border you are re-evaluated and it is a new entry. Your parent will be re-evaluated for an up to 2 year stay like she had flown homevand returned to Canada. May seem different because it is a day trip to the US but exactly the same as going home and returning.
No it’s not true. Going to US and coming back does not give extension. We had applied for my mom’s extension and then went to US by road for 2 nights. We were stopped by CBSa and they were bit rude and sent us to secondary. The said we can get extension only if it is return from home country. They gave warning but allowed us entry. @Vic R, your mom already has extension so it may be different but check with CBSA not CIC.

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
Just wait for request to resubmit.... N after request only concerned form is to be submitted... Previously some one on forum tried webfom... But didn't worked..
What do you mean the web form didn't work?

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Please help. I have been trying to sponsor my mother for last 5 years and this year thought was lucky toreceive the invite. I sent the docs on june 24 with 1 day priority shipping with canada post. However at the end of june 26th package is no where to be found. No response from canada post. Does anyone know the physical address where fed ex other courier companies can do overnight delivery. I reached out to fedex and ups and after looking at theaddress they declined the delivery. I am just too numb and close to a complete breakdown .. any suggestion is welcome. I even considered taking a flight to Ottawa from Vancouver whicj ican only reach by 3.00 pm so may not work
Priority shipment tracking does not shows update properly for the PGP address. It was reported in this thread before. Though the mail actually delivered the follow day, due to the shipping location (PO Box) and the arrangement of CIC to pick up the bulk mails (as oppose to signed by an SCI agent when delivered by Xpress post), the tracking got delayed. It was reported people actually see a movement in the tracking after 5-6 days though the mail was already delivered.

Reactions: inaratay

Ewanwan

Jan 1, 2017
Seems cic is moving faster! I'M now able to see the status now for the application submitted on 10th may and able to link it.Hope u guys best of luck.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Seems cic is moving faster! I'M now able to see the status now for the application submitted on 10th may and able to link it.Hope u guys best of luck.
Please tag @YULIA-2016 for status updates.

Your application was delivered on May 10th or 13th? We are seeing movement around May 9/10th recently.

Ewanwan

Jan 1, 2017
How did you link your application in the page? I seem to have only the receipt number. I believe the receipt number is the one in payment receipt. Please confirm.
I can see the status using both my and my mother's UCI,while the receipt number didnot work for me.And linked my application using my mum's uci and family name.

sbakhour

Star Member
Apr 19, 2014
Lucky you, I submitted my application on the 16th of May and never received the confirmation email yet and I am unable to link it or see status :(

Last edited:
Reactions: Ewanwan

yangshi1990

Jun 26, 2019
Guys, after i linked my application to my GCKey account, I noticed my current application status is the following: "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you." And down the page there are this section which I have some questions about. Is this a standard template for every applicant or is it specific to my case? Because I see below it says "You do not need a medical exam" and "We do not need your fingerprints"... Is that true they DON'T need it???

Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Review of eligibility - Review of eligibility
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results - Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents - Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview - Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check - Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision - Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Guys, after i linked my application to my GCKey account, I noticed my current application status is the following: "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you." And down the page there are this section which I have some questions about. Is this a standard template for every applicant or is it specific to my case? Because I see below it says "You do not need a medical exam" and "We do not need your fingerprints"... Is that true they DON'T need it???

When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

• Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Interview - Interview
Biometrics - Biometrics
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Check the links in my signature.

Alpsh

May 30, 2019

Interview - Interview
Biometrics - Biometrics
Just for example.