+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
  • RECEIVED THIS EMAIL NOW !
    June 17, 2019

(La version française suit le texte anglais)

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX This is a friendly reminder that you were
    selected to submit a complete application to sponsor your parents and grandparents as part of the 2019
    Parents and Grandparents Program.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada must receive your complete application to sponsor your
    parents and grandparents on or before Friday June 28th, 2019 or you will not be able to sponsor your
    parents and grandparents through the 2019 parent and grandparent intake process.

This reminder is being sent to everyone invited to submit a complete application. If you have already
    submitted your complete application, no further action is required at this time.

Please note that incomplete applications will be returned to you and will not be processed.

Please Remember:
     Follow all of the steps outlined in the application guide;
     Include all of the supporting documents as per the document checklist. If you are unable to
    submit an item on the checklist, you must include a detailed explanation as to why you cannot
    submit this document; otherwise, the processing of your application may be delayed or your
    application may be returned as incomplete;
     If you wish to sponsor your parents AND your grandparents, please submit two separate
    applications;
     Invitations to apply are not transferable. For example, you cannot use the invitation to sponsor
    your spouse’s parents or give it to a friend or other family member;
     You can submit your Social Insurance Number (SIN) and consent, which allows us to receive your
    personal income tax information directly from Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) to determine your
    financial eligibility; and,
     Your complete application must be sent to:
    CPC-M-PGP
    PO BOX 8020, STN T CSC
    Ottawa, ON
    K1G 3H6
    Important Links:
     How to pay your fees: Pay Your Fees
     Find and submit the correct forms: Sponsorship of Parents and Grandparents

Sincerely,
    Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Thanks. The important 2 lines for all:

This reminder is being sent to everyone invited to submit a complete application. If you have already
submitted your complete application, no further action is required at this time.

Reactions: karthik.andhamil

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry to hear this. You can try contacting them (I found their chat function useful). There is usually a long wait time but I found they could help answer my questions. My application by priority overnight was received and signed by SCA Martin in 4 days but it didn't show it has been received by CIC. So they confirmed that the package got delivered to that building and due to high volume they have their internal distribution after this point.
the status has been changed to
Available for pickup
June 17
Not sure what that means but it might be a a good news as this is a PO box.

coolblues1980

Star Member
Aug 9, 2013
Did you ask for a signature delivery ? Even if you did not , i think you should call Canada post again and check the status with your tracking number . . Sometimes talking to different call center agent helps . Or you can go to the Main Office of Canada Post in your city
did you try callign CIC to see if they've received it. Usually they are able to see it if the package has been opened and details entered in their system.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Excellent reminder to all from @bdidol. Even if I was the last minute types, I wouldn't send any later than 25th June...

I bet one could generalize that these people (who will send applications next week) are the ones who fill gas when the needle hits or even goes past "E"... :D
Looks like CIC agrees with me and sent a reminder to all :)

Reactions: Verba

Iryna K

Feb 12, 2019
did anyone get a reminder from CIC about the due date?
Yes. I received it today though I sent my application on June 4. Should I worry about it? Is there a phone # I can contact to confirm that they received it? Canada Post shows it was delivered and they provided a signature of the recipient.

Added:
I guess I should not worry about it and won't create an increased volume of CIC calls :)

Last edited:

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Everyone will get it...and it will probably go to the same order they sent the first email.

The important 2 lines for all:

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
did you try callign CIC to see if they've received it. Usually they are able to see it if the package has been opened and details entered in their system.
I will try to call them tomorrow if no more updates on Canada Post.
The status has been changed to Available for Pick up

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
Everyone will get it...and it will probably go to the same order they sent the first email.

The important 2 lines for all:

A bunch of people will start calling CIC now, " I sent my application on such and such date, why did you send me a reminder" etc. I bet, a few will even resend the whole package...:confused:

Last edited:
Reactions: bdidol

aki

Star Member
Feb 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27th Jan, 2014
AOR Received.
22nd Feb, 2014
File Transfer...
25th Feb, 2014
Med's Done....
27th Dec, 2013
Passport Req..
23rd Sep, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
23rd Sep, 2014 (DM)
Folks, has anyone been able to link their paper application to online account? I have tried multiple combinations yet still can't figure it out. I am the sponsor and I am sponsoring my parents. Anyone who was able to successfully do so, please let me know. Canada post shows my application as having been delivered in late May. Please help.

Iryna K

Feb 12, 2019
@YULIA-2016 please add my details:

Username: Iryna K
Sponsored people: Parents (Mom & Dad)
Parents country of citizenship : Ukraine
Province: BC
Invitation received: APRIL 24
Application Received in Ottawa date: June 5 (based on Canada Post tracking)
Medical Exam*: May 31, 2019
AOR Received: None yet
Ecas : None yet

*Medical exam was needed for their visitor visa extension. Hopefully it will be valid for the sponsorship

Last edited:

Hp_ness

Dec 31, 2018
Hello all, I have received an invitation to file for my grandparent (mom's mother). I have completed most the forms and am stuck at the sporting documentation proving the relationship between sponsor (myself) and applicant (my grandmother)...
...issue is my mother's birth certificate doesn't have her mother's name printed. Apparently, it has a note on her birth certificate saying that any birth certificate issues before 1965 does not have mother's name?? nonetheless, it has her father's name (which is besides the point as he has passed away some time ago).. As part of the supporting requirement, I need to provide my birth cert (that shows my mother's name) and my mother's birth cert (that shows her mother's name - which it doesn't).. So as an alternative, to substantiate the relationship, can I put my mother's passport (Indian) that shows her both mother and father's name and copy of my grandmother's passport that shows her name and her husband's name. And join the dots that way, explaining in a letter? Below is what I have drafted:

Proof of Principal application’s relationship to Sponsor

Although I have provided the necessary documentation required to prove the relationship between myself and my grandmother (i.e. Birth certificate of myself and my mother) – Birth certificates that were issued in the Indian province of my mother did not include mother’s names had they were issued prior to year 1965.

As an alternative, to substantiate the relationship, I have here by provided:

(a) My birth certificate that shows my mother’s name - proving relationship between myself and my mother

(b) Copy of my Mother’s passport that shows both her parents, mother’s (my grandmother) and her father’s (my grandfather) full names.

(c) Copy of my Grandmother’s passport that shows her full name and her husband’s (my grandfather) full name, both matching with my mother parents’ names on her passport (b).

snganu

Oct 2, 2011
Folks, has anyone been able to link their paper application to online account? I have tried multiple combinations yet still can't figure it out. I am the sponsor and I am sponsoring my parents. Anyone who was able to successfully do so, please let me know. Canada post shows my application as having been delivered in late May. Please help.
You need to wait for ecas to become available before linking application. Right now CIC is processing application received up to 06th May so please wait.

ZOYAMAN13

Apr 11, 2017
I feel like instead of sending reminder emails to 20k + people to submit file they should focus on sending Aor and updating ecas. People who got invitations who are genuine enough they will submit it no matter what.

Reactions: Rushdanalb

SR0715

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-07-2015
AOR Received.
21-09-2015
File Transfer...
21-09-2015
Med's Done....
15-03-2015
Passport Req..
24-10-2016
I think both of you would have to declare the cosigning responsibility as CIC would want to determine that you both are able to support the number of people you both are sponsoring together. Also, I think when you are counting the family size, you would need to take into account the members you are supporting as co-signer and match your LICO accordingly.
This is what I was thinking as well. They want to know my entire family size when they come here. So 3 of us plus my parents and her parents = 7.

I think I should err on the side of caution and consider 7.