File Transfer...
21-09-2015
Med's Done....
15-03-2015
Passport Req..
24-10-2016
@danny_scars and all others.

My situation is as follows:

a) Both my wife and I received approvals to invite our parents.
b) Wife is co-signing my application and I am co-signing hers as well. Only then, we will meet the income criteria.
c) My current family size is 3 (including wife, child and me).
d) Wife invites 2 (her mom and dad), I will also invite 2 (my mom and dad).

My dilemma is when I am filling out the form IMM5768. What numbers should I enter in the following boxes?

For my application:

Q3 A) Current undertakings:
Number of persons included in ......... = 2 (my parents)

B) Previous undertakings:
i) Number of persons included in previous undertakings you signed as a sponsor and that are still in effect - ???

ii) Number of persons included in previous undertakings you signed as a sponsor and that are not yet in effect - ????

iii) Number of persons included in previous undertakings you co-signed, where these undertakings are still in effect - ????

iv) Number of persons included in previous undertakings you co-signed, where these undertakings are not yet in effect - ????

Q4. Complete this section only if your spouse or common-law partner is co-signing the undertaking

i) Number of persons included in previous undertakings your sponsor signed as a sponsor and that are still in effect. Do not include persons already accounted for in 2. or 3.B(iii) - ????

ii) Number of persons included in previous undertakings your sponsor signed as a sponsor and that are not yet in effect. Do not include persons already accounted for in 3.B(iv) - ????

iii) Number of persons included in previous undertakings your sponsor co-signed, where these undertakings are still in effect. Do not include persons already accounted for in 3.B(i) - ????

iv) Number of persons included in previous undertakings your sponsor co-signed, where these undertakings are not yet in effect. Do not include persons already accounted for in 3.B(ii) - ???

Q 5. Your spouse, if not included in 3. above. Provide details on the back of this page if he or she is not co-signing the undertaking - 1 (wife)

Q 6. Every other family member not included above and dependent on you financially, whether they are living with you or not. - 1 (child)

Anyone wants to help me out here? Thanks!!

Sumeet2019

Star Member
Jun 17, 2019
Anyone wants to help me out here? Thanks!!

I think as an applicant you are sponsoring your Parents . So undertaking for you will be 2 and it will same for your wife .
You wont have any previous undertakings as it will be your first time ( same with your wife )

SR0715

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-07-2015
AOR Received.
21-09-2015
File Transfer...
21-09-2015
Med's Done....
15-03-2015
Passport Req..
24-10-2016
I think as an applicant you are sponsoring your Parents . So undertaking for you will be 2 and it will same for your wife .
You wont have any previous undertakings as it will be your first time ( same with your wife )
So I should not include my wife's parents in any of my undertakings as a co-signer? We are both applying at the same time i.e. 2019.

Especially this question:

iv) Number of persons included in previous undertakings you co-signed, where these undertakings are not yet in effect - ????

abcxyz

Star Member
Jan 2, 2009
until today my Canada Post still shows "Expected delivery: Thursday, June 13", should I send another application?
There is nothing Canada Post can do than asking me to wait until June 26 until they found out. This is terrible. Anyone has the same situation? I cannot fund out whether the application has been received by CIC or not.
I sent Priority overnight.
Sorry to hear this. You can try contacting them (I found their chat function useful). There is usually a long wait time but I found they could help answer my questions. My application by priority overnight was received and signed by SCA Martin in 4 days but it didn't show it has been received by CIC. So they confirmed that the package got delivered to that building and due to high volume they have their internal distribution after this point.

Sumeet2019

Star Member
Jun 17, 2019
So I should not include my wife's parents in any of my undertakings as a co-signer? We are both applying at the same time i.e. 2019.

Yes , Key word is " Previous Undertaking " and you dont have any previous undertakings . Both are new undertakings for you and your wife . If as will be in my case where my wife will apply next year and i will be a co signer then there will be a previous undertaking for my wife as she cosigned my application .

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry to hear this. You can try contacting them (I found their chat function useful). There is usually a long wait time but I found they could help answer my questions. My application by priority overnight was received and signed by SCA Martin in 4 days but it didn't show it has been received by CIC. So they confirmed that the package got delivered to that building and due to high volume they have their internal distribution after this point.
Thank you, your answer is much appreciated. I will try the Chat function again.

Sumeet2019

Star Member
Jun 17, 2019
until today my Canada Post still shows "Expected delivery: Thursday, June 13", should I send another application?
There is nothing Canada Post can do than asking me to wait until June 26 until they found out. This is terrible. Anyone has the same situation? I cannot fund out whether application has been received by CIC or not.
I sent Priority over night.
Did you ask for a signature delivery ? Even if you did not , i think you should call Canada post again and check the status with your tracking number . . Sometimes talking to different call center agent helps . Or you can go to the Main Office of Canada Post in your city

abcxyz

Star Member
Jan 2, 2009

I think both of you would have to declare the cosigning responsibility as CIC would want to determine that you both are able to support the number of people you both are sponsoring together. Also, I think when you are counting the family size, you would need to take into account the members you are supporting as co-signer and match your LICO accordingly.

Reactions: Verba and YVR123

godzilla3456

Jun 28, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2013
AOR Received.
16-11-2013
@YULIA-2016 please add my details to the sheet:

Username: godzilla3456
Sponsored people: Parents (Mom & Dad)
Parents country of citizenship : India
Province: Alberta
Invitation received: APRIL 25
Application Received in Ottawa date: June 12

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
Reminder to all who are still preparing your documents: You have 7 business days to mail you application (assuming 2 days Xpress delivery and CIC want it in their hand on 28th).
Excellent reminder to all from @bdidol. Even if I was the last minute types, I wouldn't send any later than 25th June...

I bet one could generalize that these people (who will send applications next week) are the ones who fill gas when the needle hits or even goes past "E"... :D

Last edited:

macwhitby

Nov 18, 2016
Whitby
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
  • RECEIVED THIS EMAIL NOW !
    June 17, 2019

(La version française suit le texte anglais)

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX This is a friendly reminder that you were
    selected to submit a complete application to sponsor your parents and grandparents as part of the 2019
    Parents and Grandparents Program.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada must receive your complete application to sponsor your
    parents and grandparents on or before Friday June 28th, 2019 or you will not be able to sponsor your
    parents and grandparents through the 2019 parent and grandparent intake process.

This reminder is being sent to everyone invited to submit a complete application. If you have already
    submitted your complete application, no further action is required at this time.

Please note that incomplete applications will be returned to you and will not be processed.

Please Remember:
     Follow all of the steps outlined in the application guide;
     Include all of the supporting documents as per the document checklist. If you are unable to
    submit an item on the checklist, you must include a detailed explanation as to why you cannot
    submit this document; otherwise, the processing of your application may be delayed or your
    application may be returned as incomplete;
     If you wish to sponsor your parents AND your grandparents, please submit two separate
    applications;
     Invitations to apply are not transferable. For example, you cannot use the invitation to sponsor
    your spouse’s parents or give it to a friend or other family member;
     You can submit your Social Insurance Number (SIN) and consent, which allows us to receive your
    personal income tax information directly from Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) to determine your
    financial eligibility; and,
     Your complete application must be sent to:
    CPC-M-PGP
    PO BOX 8020, STN T CSC
    Ottawa, ON
    K1G 3H6
    Important Links:
     How to pay your fees: Pay Your Fees
     Find and submit the correct forms: Sponsorship of Parents and Grandparents

Sincerely,
    Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Reactions: abcxyz