+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
So I called today to IRCC call centre to ask why I do not receive AOR email but only can link to myCIC. The agent initially was very nasty when she heard about checking status on PGP, she probably received hundred of calls on this and she said it is too early to check status and ask for AOR etc, when I said my application reached 1 May, she said normally it takes 3 months for AOR so please call back in 2 months time, she said people like me who call too early is probably delaying other with more important questions. I was a bit taken a back by her aggressive tone and her nastiness but I quickly calmed down and recognize that she may have received this kind of questions over and over again and may be irritated when repeatedly have to deal with this kind of anxiousness from us. I was then changed my tone and told her nicely my story, I told her that I have tried over the last 12 years to sponsor my parents, earlier I was rejected after waiting a few years due to short of a few thousands in income, then I worked 2 jobs just to make sure I can sponsor my parents but I was missed out by people queuing at Mississauga to submit by post, and I went to depressions 4 times when not selected in the lottery etc, and I told her my children miss their grandparents so much and how I spent over 10K a year to go back home to visit them so my kids can meet them. The agent then completely changed her attitude and she became super nice, she checked the systems and verify every details in the app and she said someone is processing my case and that officer often review all the cases he got and then send all AOR at once, she also said that nothing to worry if the F file has been created as that would mean they have look at all the docs and think they are sufficient to process the case. So good luck everyone and be nice to call center agents!
You waited 10 yrs and now cannot wait 2 months? If you knew you send everything according the doc checklist and have a proof of delivery, why sweat yourself and the call center agents? There are 19999 anxious sponsors there...let the process play out

newandold

Jan 30, 2017
@YULIA-2016

Parents country - China
Prov - ON
Invitation received on April 25
Application sent - April 26
Application Received in Ottawa - April 29
ECAS - Application Received April 29

I can link my app and see a file number as of May 31, 2019. But no AOR.
Thank you.
I noticed a post that agent advised that if you link your application before AoR, you may not get AoR even. Does anybody get AoR after linking application?

ihg

May 9, 2019
You waited 10 yrs and now cannot wait 2 months? If you knew you send everything according the doc checklist and have a proof of delivery, why sweat yourself and the call center agents? There are 19999 anxious sponsors there...let the process play out
It is OK , he is just worried and call center agent is not a case officer so it is not going to be process delay for any one . Just think of his perspective waited for 10 years

Reactions: Canada_Super

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
People like you are bogging down IRCC staff with questions that really make absolutely NO DIFFERENCE to the whole application process except calm your ANXIETY.

Can you imagine if all day the staff at IRCC are just taking calls from people telling their genuine sad stories and listening to them patiently and emphatically? Nothing by way of the actual processing of application will get done! Meanwhile those who keep calling "THINK" they are getting somewhere just because they have some frankly insignificant FILE NUMBER!

Geez! Leave them alone and let them do the work!
Call centers agents DO NOT process applications, CANNOT interfere with case processing officers, CANNOT speed up processing of application, DO NOT have any impact on any case

Reactions: Canada_Super

ak2

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Does anyone know (had any experience) when IRCC will send out Biometrics Invitation Letters (BIL)? How long after they receive the application?
I know the deadline to do biometrics will be 30 days from the receipt of the BIL, wondering if it'd be possible to ask for extension or do it somewhere in Canada?

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
Does anyone know (had any experience) when IRCC will send out Biometrics Invitation Letters (BIL)? How long after they receive the application?
I know the deadline to do biometrics will be 30 days from the receipt of the BIL, wondering if it'd be possible to ask for extension or do it somewhere in Canada?
Check the 2018 thread / 2018 tab in the tracker to get an approximate average timeframe. I am assuming that your parents are in Canada and there is no way to do it in Canada...correct?

Last edited:

sourav987

Star Member
Sep 28, 2010
Hi All
what does it mean, could anyone explain it please ?? It's a request of Death Certificate of my father.

"To have a photocopy of a document certified, an authorized person must compare the original document to the photocopy. Neither you nor your family members may certify copies of your documents."

jas89

May 1, 2019
Hi, could you please let us know when were you able to see your eCas status?
My application was received on May 2nd too ;)
Today Morning!

But i m not able to link the application. Does anyone knows if this has to be linked by sponsor or Principal Applicant`s UCI?

ihg

May 9, 2019
This is going to be huge problem for people whose parents are here as No Biometrics center in Canada and IRCC pref to get it from home country and on social media they are asking not to go to US to get this thing done .