+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Daisy2018

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
how many people who sent the application late April or very early May that are still waiting for any updates from ecas or AOR?
did majority receive update or did very few receive?

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
Hi Guys,

My question is for document checklist. I don't need to fill the Statutory Declaration of common - Law union(IMM5409). I don't need to check this off right? and same with additional Dependents. i don't need to mark anything on checklist. Please help.

Thanks
only check the forms u are sending in. if these two forms are not applicable to you, don't send them and just write N/A on the checklist

godzilla3456

Jun 28, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2013
AOR Received.
16-11-2013
Question 3: You should answer YES not because you are sponsoring your wife. But because you are sponsoring your parents now.

You mentioned you are Canadian Citizen now. As you mentioned you are sponsoring your wife, I assume you didn't become PR by spouse sponsorship (although it is possible). In that case, you should answer "NO" for question 5.
Thank you so much for answering.

chaalubaba

Apr 30, 2019
The Million$ question. Here is what I would do in your shoes...

1. What is the signing date on your forms ? is it on or before May 31st? If so, go ahead with old forms.

2. If the signing date is post 01 June then I suggest that you do all that you can in your power to use the new forms. You can send scanned forms. CIC has confirmed this, thought the CO may want to see the originals at a later date.

I personally don't think someone has to redo all the forms for June 1 onward..Typically, people start working on the forms from April, when they receive email to apply...Just because they have updated form, it's not necessary to send new forms, as getting signatures take lot of time..In addition, they will notify us everyone in that case, they can't just accept forms based on dates you apply, I guess.

Reactions: karthik.andhamil

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
how many people who sent the application late April or very early May that are still waiting for any updates from ecas or AOR?
if you check on Zulia checklist, most see status in ecas but a few has not

Tips for those not sending app yet: No stappling, no extra documents, just one whole stack of papers, photo can be put in a small envelop. The easier they can scan the docs, the faster they will mark it as complete. If the scanning person feel it is complex, he will not activate ecas and will just create a temp file number. Scanning agents are normally temp staff/new/junior ones, if the stack appear complex, have stapples, hard to take out everything then he will only scan first page. If he can scan all pages then he can activate the ecas view button

ihg

May 9, 2019
What about you I think you are May 1st applicant .I have nothing so far

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Ugh... Who updates the forms in the middle of the process!
Has anyone called IRCC and confirmed that using the old forms is ok?
This is from their official twitter.

We’ll accept the previous version of the current form until another one is released. When a new version is released, we’ll accept the new version and the previous version of that. We encourage you to use the newest forms to avoid any possible delays.

account9523

May 28, 2019
This is from their official twitter.

We’ll accept the previous version of the current form until another one is released. When a new version is released, we’ll accept the new version and the previous version of that. We encourage you to use the newest forms to avoid any possible delays.
Thanks! Can you please share a link?

hallieliu

Apr 13, 2016
if you check on Zulia checklist, most see status in ecas but a few has not

Tips for those not sending app yet: No stappling, no extra documents, just one whole stack of papers, photo can be put in a small envelop. The easier they can scan the docs, the faster they will mark it as complete. If the scanning person feel it is complex, he will not activate ecas and will just create a temp file number. Scanning agents are normally temp staff/new/junior ones, if the stack appear complex, have stapples, hard to take out everything then he will only scan first page. If he can scan all pages then he can activate the ecas view button
Well, i did not do anything you mentioned...but still no ecas

dhandpun

Star Member
May 15, 2014
@YULIA-2016 please add my info. Thanks
Username : dhandpun
Sponsored : mother
Parents Country Of Citizenship: India
Province : ON
Invitation Received: April 24
Application sent to IRCC: Apr 29
Application received: Apr 30
eCas status: Application received on Apr 30.
AOR: Waiting

hallieliu

Apr 13, 2016
@YULIA-2016 please add my info. Thanks
Username : dhandpun
Sponsored : mother
Parents Country Of Citizenship: India
Province : ON
Invitation Received: April 24
Application sent to IRCC: Apr 29
Application received: Apr 30
eCas status: Application received on Apr 30.
AOR: Waiting
May i ask when you started having access to ECAS? Thx