+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
@Navsheel
ur application wont be rejected - just returned so u can submit the correct forms. nothing u can do now - its against the law for canada post to deliver mail to anyone but recipient, and at this point i wouldn't send another package to CIC.
just let this run its course: CIC might even just ask for the form instead of returning everything, who knows! wait for AOR and for them to let u know what ur next step is.

Last edited:

newandold

Jan 30, 2017
Agreed, but it didn't seem like @amusingfirefly is actually self-employed. There is some paperwork required / that goes along with being self-employed and s/he may be digging a deeper hole with this story.
If the person is self employed actually, the person will have all in place and even can provide the income and expenses, if IRCC requests it. But to put false information only because of worrying of consideration is not right and can raise more problems in the future. I advises always to put the right information, I only point out that it is possible to have 0 income, that's all. In this case obviously should be not employed, it doesn't matter how it will be considered by officer, self-employed with 0 income and 0 expenses is not possible.

canvan14

May 8, 2014
I checked my mother in law application this morning and ecas showing “application received” on May 15th.

I believe since it is now visible on ecas system, the application pkg assumed to be completed, right?
As far as I know, AOR is the official, if not the only, way of knowing if your application is completed.

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
Mailed on 31-may-2019 by Canada post priority and till 8pm today, monday, not appearing on tracking. Should I send again by purolator or some other courier. Please advise. In this system I will never know whether my application reached right place or went into trash.

yashpatel

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2011
AOR Received.
Decision Made
IELTS Request
7 bands (submitted)
File Transfer...
23-03-2011
Med's Request
19-12-2011
Med's Done....
26-12-2011
Interview........
08-12-2011
Passport Req..
19-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
31-01-2012
LANDED..........
01-05-2012
Hi Yulia and everyone,

My application was received in Ottawa today as well. @YULIA-2016 could you please add my record as well ?
Username: yashpatel
Sponsored people: parents
Parents country of citizenship: India
Province: ON
Invitation received date: April 26, 2019
Application received in Ottawa: June 3, 2019

Thank you.

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
Mailed on 31-may-2019 by Canada post priority and till 8pm today, monday, not appearing on tracking. Should I send again by purolator or some other courier. Please advise. In this system I will never know whether my application reached right place or went into trash.
express posts promisses delivery within 2-3 biz days, if u mailed it out on a friday i wouldn't bother to do anything until at least wednesday - though i am pretty positive it should be delivered by tomorrow.

Last edited:

twittwewise

May 25, 2019
@YULIA-2016 please add my info. Thanks
Username : twittwewise
Sponsored : parents and sister
Parents Country Of Citizenship: Netherlands
Province : ON
Invitation Received: April 26
Application sent to IRCC: May 31
Application received: June 3

Reactions: idefix and robertp
Nov 19, 2010
Chandigarh
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
06-08-2010
File Transfer...
03-12-2010
Hi All,

How can we provide proof of relationship with parent for PGP 2019? I do not have a birth certificate but my mother's name is there on my passport.

Can my passport be used as proof of relationship?

However, the documents checklist has the following information:
  • If you cannot provide one or more document(s) required by the checklist, you must provide a written explanation for each missing document. You must also provide any other evidence or documents you have available to satisfy the requirement.
I requested for the birth certificate from Punjab/India. They provided me a certificate mentioned that the birth record for that date not found. This certificate has my mother's name and my father's name. But the certificate itself is not birth certificate but instead a "Record no found certificate".

In this case do I need to provide an affidavit mentioning that I do not have the birth certificate available and the only document I have is my passport. Also. please recommend should I add the "Record not found" certificate as well?

Do my mother need to provide an affidavit too for the same?

Additionally she came here to Canada on Visitor Visa as well.

rawfile

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Do you see tracking number on their website as accepted?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
On one website there are 1400 reviews giving horrible picture of Canada post losting items on and off. Even registered one.
Give it another day. If you don't see your package online tomorrow call Canadapost with your tracking number. If you send things past a certain time on Friday they don't get picked up. Confused as to why it wasn't picked up today but may show up later tonight on the system.

Reactions: caninfoseeker

moabbasi

Sep 12, 2009
Pickering
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
AEO-0213
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
16-03-2011; Apps Payment.: 21-03-2011 (CC);PER Received..: 12-04-2011;In Process......: 19-09-2011
Doc's Request.
12-12-2011
AOR Received.
06-05-2011
IELTS Request
Sent Originals
File Transfer...
06-05-201;PCC Request..: Sent Originals
Med's Request
12-12-2011
Med's Done....
02-01-2012
Interview........
Waived..;Doc's Sent......: 03-02-2012;Decision Made.: 05-07-2012
Passport Req..
12-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2012
LANDED..........
08-12-2012
Congrats moabbasi.... can we know, when did you send your application in?
I sent it on May 10th as far as I remember with regular posts with signature, it was received on May 15.

godzilla3456

Jun 28, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2013
AOR Received.
16-11-2013
Hello everyone,

I am a Canadian citizen and got selected to apply for my parents PR.

I have a question regarding the form 1344 under the section SPONSOR ELIGIBILITY ASSESSMENT section.

For the question 3, Are you sponsoring a member of the family class or a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class?

Right now I am also sponsoring my wife PR under Inland category. So, should I answer Yes to question 3?

Also for question 5 I had answered NO

Please let know. Thanks.

Last edited:

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
ur application wont be rejected - just returned so u can submit the correct forms. nothing u can do now - its against the law for canada post to deliver mail to anyone but recipient, and at this point i wouldn't send another package to CIC.
just let this run its course: CIC might even just ask for the form instead of returning everything, who knows! wait for AOR and for them to let u know what ur next step is.
based on what you guyz are saying the application will be send back? the application package still have the old form info and there is no way CIC will ask people to resubmit these forms, which needs sings from parents from another country to re do it again

jaymistry

Dec 28, 2018
Dear all,

Happy to announce that our application package was sent by Xpresspost to CIC today.

· We had started gathering data for all forms and supporting materials as soon as the new forms were uploaded.

· I had a business trip back home in India in mid-April (prior to invite) and was able to get all wet signatures on all forms as well as all notarized supporting documents prior to the invite.

· Dates in all forms are filled by hand and are dt April 30th. Please note all forms can be validated / saved printed etc. without the dates.

· I received my invitation on April 24, 2019 15:37 EST

· We have a pretty straightforward case (I think) – I am sponsoring my parents, my spouse is NOT a co-signer, we have one child and the Principal Applicant is my Father and his spouse (my mum) is the dependant. My bother (+30 years) has his own family, is settled in Australia, and not considered a dependant. Income is thankfully well above the required limit for all 3 years. I provided SIN so didn’t fill 5748.

· No staples on any form/ supporting document. Wet signatures in Blue (no such requirement, but things stand-out)

We arranged the package as follows

· Invite Letter

· Fee Confirmation (paid biometric fee upfront)

· Document Checklist

Sponsor Forms

· BarCode IMM1344

· Form1344 (Wet signatures)

· IMM5768 with SIN. In item 14 Gross Income I provided both incomes Gross Income as well as NOA / Line 150. This was filled by hand. By definition, Gross Income is total income before benefits and not NOA / Line 150. I have a Professional Corporation so my Gross Income and line 150 is significantly different. Both numbers for each year are well above the requirement.

Principal Applicant Froms

· BarCode IMM0008

· Form IMM008 (Wet Signature)

· IMM5669 – Principal Applicant with full details of Travel corresponding to all stamped pages of current and Old passport were included / Full details of Education, Professional Affiliations & Employment History (Wet Signature)

· IMM5669 – Dependant Spouse With full details of Travel corresponding to all stamped pages of current and Old passport were included / Full details of Education, Professional Affiliations & Employment History (Homemaker) (Wet Signature)

· IMM5406 – Principal Applicant with names (only) in English & Devanagri (typed) & Wet Signatures

· IMM5406 – Dependant Spouse with names (only) in English & Devanagri (typed) & Wet Signatures

· IMM5476 – Use of Representative with Wet Signatures. My parents designated me as the representative.

Supporting Documents(All documents were in English, but I got them notarized anyways.)

· Copy of Canadian Passport of Sponsor

· Birth Certificate of Sponsor

· Current passport – Principal Applicant (All pages, including pages with Stamps, also helps to prove Travel History and corresponding with IMM5669)

· Current passport – Dependant Spouse (All pages, including pages with Stamps, also helps to prove Travel History and corresponding with IMM5669)

· Original Marriage Certificate

· Affidavit Confirming Marriage (Original Marriage certificate had a small typo in my Mom’s last name - one alphabet was “e” instead of “a”. We decided not to take any chances)

· 2 Passport Photos each for Principal Applicant / Dependant Spouse. Sizes etc as per Photo guidance, with name/address of Photo Studio in India stamped, Date Photo Taken + Name of Person & Date of Birth.

Additional Supporting Documents

All documents were in English, but I got then notarized anyways. These are not required, but we included to provide proof of everything. I noticed that from previous years tracking / forum discussions sometimes the Case Officer asks for additional documents such as proof of travel / educational certificates / birth certificates / proof of income etc. which causes unnecessary delay. We decided to include them upfront.

· Proof of Sponsors Gross Income (this number is much higher than my NOA / 150)

· 2019- Till Date – Letter from CA/HR confirming income till date (April 30, 2019 which dorresponds to date of wet signatures on all forms)

· 2018 FY - T5013

· 2017 FY - T5013

· 2016 FY - T5013

· 2015 FY - T5013

· Birth Certificates – Principal Applicant & Dependant Spouse (Not required, but reconfirming Names & authenticity)

· Old passport(s) Pages – Principal Applicant & Dependant Spouse (All pages, including pages with Stamps, also helps to prove Travel History and corresponding with IMM5669)

· Aadhar Card – Front & Back Principal Applicant & Dependant Spouse (Proof of National Identity Document)

· Educational Certificates - Principal Applicant (For Universities Only) (Corresponding to Proof of Education in IMM 5669)

· Professional Memberships – Principal Applicant (Corresponding to Professional Affiliations in IMM 5669)

· Educational Certificates – Dependant Spouse (For Universities Only) (Corresponding to Proof of Education in IMM 5669)

· Proof of Principal Applicant’s Professional Practice in India (Corresponding to Proof of Employment for past 10 years in IMM 5669)

o Resume

o Service Tax Registration Certificate

o GST Registration Certificate

o Tax Statements – Last 10 years (2018-2008 FY) (1-page summary for each year)

Reactions: lynne197910