Med's Done....
10-6-2015 TLU
Passport Req..
13-08-2015
Please suggest. How / where to ecas status

kimat

Star Member
Apr 16, 2010
Hi @YULIA-2016, can you please update the tracking spreadsheet to include my info :)

username: kimat
Sponsored: mother
parents country of citizenship: U.S.
Province: ON
Invitation Received Date: April 25
Application Received in Ottawa data: May 22

Thank you!

ronSuperMan

Jan 28, 2019
Hello Friends,
I have got a question. Do we need to Fill IMM 0008DEP (ADDITIONAL DEPENDENT DECLARATION FROM).?

My mother is Principal applicant.
My father is dependent.
I have filled up GENERIC APPLICATION FORM FOR CANADA (IMM 0008)

Please
Thanks,
Ronak

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
So I think I know the answer to this but just in case someone out there has found a loop hole.... I do not have three years of Canadian tax returns, I moved here in May 2018. Is there ANY other option? My parents are older and will be restricted by age in health in the next few years so waiting another three years with the uncertainty of actually getting an invitation to apply is really not a good option....
Does anyone know of another way?
Feeling really annoyed if we cannot apply and I have prevented someone else from applying. I truly thought other sources of income (as assessed for our PR application) were suitable - how can they be suitable for that and not this? Yes, I know earnings in another country do not mean you will be successful in Canada but it is the acceptable bar in the PR application....anyway hoping someone has some ideas out there.....
Write an explanation letter with your application arguing that other sources of income SHOULD be acceptable since it is the bar in PR application.

By the way didnt you check the requirements BEFORE you checked off that you DECLARE that you met the income requirements when you submitted the Expression of Interest?

st.alix

Apr 29, 2019
Help! I am so confuse now..

I am sponsoring my parents (mom and dad). My husband is co-signing.. I have 1 child.

For question 14: I added 3 as my family size for the 3 taxation years.. Should I have added 5?

I assumed that it was asking me the family size for the year since I have not sponsored my parent yet.

joe9kah

Dec 20, 2015
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1460&top=14

Your family size is 3 - assuming ur parents dont have dependents and u dont have kids or previous undertakings :)
Ya, no other dependents for me and for my parents.

I understand as per the link you have provided, but how come this justifies last three years family size? I mean, I am sponsoring my parents in 2019 and makes sense that going forward my family size is 3 and that's because I am taking an undertaking here.

But for past 3 years, my parents were supporting themselves financially.

kimat

Star Member
Apr 16, 2010
Write an explanation letter with your application arguing that other sources of income SHOULD be acceptable since it is the bar in PR application.

By the way didnt you check the requirements BEFORE you checked off that you DECLARE that you met the income requirements when you submitted the Expression of Interest?
It is not just about other sources of income, you should have declared and paid tax on those, then you would be fine.

Reactions: canuck78

Red and Black

Mar 12, 2012
need help with three questions:

1) The age of my parents is mentioned incorrectly on their marriage certificate. it cannot be changed unfortunately. what should I do? there is a family tree issued by government which I am planning to add as well showing the relationship.

2) my parents visited another country on tourist visa for 8 days and stayed in a hotel. does that need to be mentioned as well in the list of addresses they stayed when filling the background declaration?

3) my grandfather doesnt have a last name. can I put N/A?

Thanks a lot.

joe9kah

Dec 20, 2015
I have a situation :

My parents got their tourist visa last year and while filling their forms for tourist visa, I didn't mention my dad's government job ( and specifically marked check box as NO because at that time I thought it was asking about positions such as jugdge, civil servant etc whatever was mentioned as example and yes, I made this stupid mistake then).

Now that I am filling their PGP application, I have similar question again and now I am thinking what should I do? Should I mention the government position or keep the consistency with tourist visa application???

What bad can happen if I mention the govt job now? Does they require extra security clearance or something?
@YULIA-2016

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Hi Members

I am filling out forms for sponsoring my mom and dad. I made my mom principal applicant. she is here on super visa so it is easier to fill forms with her. now I have a problem.
On my birth certificate, her name is written as : Bhupider Kaur
Her passport has: Bhupinder Jeet Kaur Sindhar (with middle and surname)
My Indian passport says: Bhupinder Jit Kaur Sindhar (I have Canadian passport now so I think it shouldn't be an issue as it doesn't mention mothers name)

Now I think I can attach one and same person affidavit to clear things out. BUT please help me
Question 1: Who needs to make this certificate- Me or my Mom? or Both of us make separate affidavit

Question 2: My mom is here in Canada right now. Can she just make Affidavit from here ? or she needs to get it made from India only [ I know for attested document copies, they need it attested from country document is issued from. But what about affidavit?]
What name did you put when you applied for PR/ Citizenship? Whatever name you put in those forms that's the name you should put in the sponsorship application.

You can create an explanation letter (with the details mentioned in your post) and get it notarized from Canada, list all the names of your Mother and mention what name you used in the past (for PR/ Citizenship) and just declare that they all are same person i.e. your mother.

Make sure you also get the notary to stamp the supporting documents i.e. your birth certificate, your mother's passport. You don't have to provide copy of your Indian passport

Provide the original copy of of the notarized explanation letters and keep the copy of letter for your record. Good Luck!

sangoswa

Star Member
Aug 1, 2016
IMM 5768 - if spouse is not co-signer do i need to fill below details ?

Question 15

Your spouse’s/common-law partner’s current situation. Check the appropriate box to indicate if your spouse/common-law partner is:

• Unemployed
  • Employed
  • Self- employed.
If your spouse/common-law partner is unemployed, provide details in the space provided.

Question 16
The co-signer must check “Yes”, write their SIN number and sign the statement if he or she gives us consent to collect their SIN to ask for their income tax information from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) for the three years immediately before the date of the application. Your co-signer’s tax information will be used to determine if you meet the minimum necessary income requirements (Low-Income-Cut-Off plus 30%) to sponsor a parent or grandparent.

If your co-signer does not give us consent to collect his or her Social Insurance Number, he or she must check “No” and complete the appropriate form Income Sources for the Sponsorship of Parents and Grandparents and provide the supporting documents listed in Part B of the Document Checklist.

Question 17
Provide your co-signer’s employment history, including, periods of unemployment for the last THREEconsecutive taxation years preceding your application.

Note: Make sure that you do not leave any gaps in time.