+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Jcpatel1959

May 17, 2019
Probably less duplicates this time unless someone else is doing on their behalf at same time. Because the process did not take more than 9 minutes to close. And this time it is not lottery system either so more submission don't make any sense either. But exact % i think hard to guess, my assumption is 10% or less. But keep in mind CIC want to receive 20K completed applications. So few people who don't meet criteria but submitted the intent to sponsor may not be eligible. Such as LICO for sponsorship.
I think LICO examption is only for spouse and their children sponsorship form.

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
when i fill the interest form i put 5 members(me, my husband, 2 kids & my mom-in law). what should i do now.
Provide an explanation letter to IRCC with the application package, In the explanation letter i will suggest the following:

IRCC
CPC-PGP
PO Box 8020, STN T CSC
Ottawa, ON
K1G 3H6

Dear IRCC Officer,

I want to declare that due to the urgency and short time period available to put my parents name in the EOI form, I might have entered the wrong family size in the online EOI form.

My actual family size is X, this family size includes, my father, mother, myself, my spouse……….. This is the family size I am including it in the application package.

Please note that, we meet the income requirements for sponsoring my parents. (Use this line if some one is co-sponsoring)

Please note that, I meet the income requirements for sponsoring my parents. (Use this line if there is no co-sponsor)

Regards,
Name
UCI#
Date of Birth
Address:
Phone:

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Do not provide wrong information, one can't fix the family size info with the web form.
Web form is used for following
  • ask about an application that has taken longer than the normal processing times
  • update or give more information about an application
  • change my contact information
  • report a technical problem

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Web form is used for following
  • ask about an application that has taken longer than the normal processing times
  • update or give more information about an application
  • change my contact information
  • report a technical problem
Yeah but EOI was not an application, it was an intent/ expression. And this is not an update or more info, its a correction, an explanation letter is prudent in this case!

kwgcda

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
Hi @YULIA-2016 could you please update the spreadsheet for me?

Username: kwgcda
Sponsoring: Mother
Province: AB
Invitation Rec'd: April 24, 2019 at 1:14pm EST
Provided SIN
Application received in Ottawa: May 17, 2019

Reactions: YULIA-2016

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
I meet the LICO all by myself. i am just adding her just because we do things together :):):rolleyes::rolleyes:

i hope that should not annoy CIC as she was not employed for 2016 and 2017
It's just extra work (for nothing really) for the officer taking a look at your file. I mean, hats off to your wife for joining you on this (truly, it was a battle in my household) but personally, I wouldn't make the officer's job any harder than it has to be. Less stuff for them to check, the faster they close your file. Just my 2 cents anyway ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: gst8486

CanadianPR1

Star Member
Apr 12, 2010
Any of you in same situation, As the form hasn't mentioned whether continuously or not, I have to select Yes and include 2 trips dates...

URGENT please: Form imm0008enu:

a)Previous countries of residence: During the past five years have you lived in any country other than your
country of citizenship or your current country of residence (indicated above) for more than six months?

--My mom not lived continuously for more than 6months but she stayed 10months in last 5years in 2 occasions. Do I need include yes or no for this question?

Thank you in advance!!!

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
All, what postal method did you use to mail the application? I am thinking Expresspost with signature option?
That's a good option, i used it and was promised a 2 day delivery time, but they delivered in 1 day. There is another Canada Post option called PRIOIRTY, that costs a bit more and promises single day delivery.

gskn4u

Star Member
Nov 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2014
AOR Received.
25-04-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
You don't need application number for filling the form, but you need your parents UCI, if you can't find it, just write an explanation letter and attach it with your application package

If your parents have dealt with CIC/ IRCC in the past. There should be UCI on the letters or correspondence with IRCC for visitor or super visa, if you don't have those letters, the visa stamp on your parents passport will also carry UCI#
I have also heard that the visa stamps before year 2010 didn't carry UCI# (NOT A CONFIRMED INFORMATION THOUGH)

I spoke to IRCC just now. She confirmed that UCI is not mandatory.

Reactions: gst8486

joe9kah

Dec 20, 2015
that's for financial evaluation form right? in my case Q5=1, Q6=0
ya , I was confused on Q4, 5 and 6 for financial information form. Q4 you have already told me, not to fill because I dont have a spouse (no co-signer) So, I didnt answer points under Q4, left the boxes blank.

For Q5, I dont understand what do they mean and if I should put 0 in the box or leave it empty? Please help me fill this one.

For Q6, I have put 0 (no other family member is financially dependent on me except my parents) Since, I have already put 2 in Q - 3A for my parents that I am sponsoring, I think i should put 0 for Q6, correct?