+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

wc2019

Apr 30, 2019
Where does it say on the application guide that scanned application are accepted as i don't see it mentioned in
Guide 5772 - Application to Sponsor Parents and Grandparents

GBH

Jul 25, 2014
Hello I entered Family size as 2 for IMM5768 Q 14 , it should have been 4, me my wife and parents, would my application be rejected on this mistake? what should I do, the application has been delivered but I donot have app no

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Not disagreeing with you but just curious why you think sending documents via mail is better than sending via email? My initial thinking was to email the forms and ask my parents to print, sign and courier back to me. I will save few days from the courier from here to their address.
Uhmm.....my bad. But that's what everyone does. Sorry you misunderstood.

Yes email the pages that need to be signed to your parents. Get them to sign in then courier the original signed pages back to you.

You mean there are people asking you to mail the pages to your parents? Sorry I did not mean that.

Ramona2019

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Not disagreeing with you but just curious why you think sending documents via mail is better than sending via email? My initial thinking was to email the forms and ask my parents to print, sign and courier back to me. I will save few days from the courier from here to their address.
Thats what I did too.

djaulakh88

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
Asking for the 3rd time,

Hi Guys, I have one question on Family Unit. I am currently sponsoring my Spouse to come to canada and application is in progress. Also now, I am parallelly sponsoring my mother and father under PGP. But my wife is still in India waiting on her application. So when I will fill my financial evaluation form there in the employment history, they are asking for family size. What should I write there in family size? I got married last year for example?

ashu.thind

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 05
AOR Received.
Nov 24
Med's Request
Jan 24
Med's Done....
Feb 07 ## Third Line : March 27
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jun 10
VISA ISSUED...
June 24
LANDED..........
September 08

Darjeeling_Man

Star Member
Dec 29, 2018
Toronto
Unfortunately, CIC reps often provide conflicting information. If you call a different rep, you would get a different response. I would suggest following what is written on the website. As you see from the following guidance, you need to add sponsored persons to your family size for all years:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1460&top=14
Someone should re-post this every few pages, this topic gets the most questions, and a lot of people hear what they want to hear, which is the lower number.... :(

Reactions: Godzilla9

Ramona2019

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Hi guys,

I have to repeat my question here as I think it got buried under so many other questions! I hope someone can provide insight.

On the form 5669, there's a question asking for principle applicant's employment history. It says if not employed then provide something else like traveling, retired etc.

My parents were retired for the past 10 years, so should I still list the travel history in that table? Or just one line as retired?

Appreciate your help. I'm confused as some people are talking about travel history and I'm not sure where they refer to.
Also I noticed in 2018 tracking sheet, some people were asked by IRCC to provide a Travel Form. so ????

sagar416

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
Hi All, the fee payment including biometrics for my parents total's to $2250. How ever when paying the amount, I can only select Right for Permanent Residence option (total $980) under my profile(sponsor).

Would I have to create a profile for the principal applicant(mother) to pay the fee?

Sponsorship fee ($75), principal applicant processing fee ($475) and right of permanent residence fee ($490) + Biometric(170)

Amath03

Star Member
Mar 29, 2018
Hi guys,

I have to repeat my question here as I think it got buried under so many other questions! I hope someone can provide insight.

On the form 5669, there's a question asking for principle applicant's employment history. It says if not employed then provide something else like traveling, retired etc.

My parents were retired for the past 10 years, so should I still list the travel history in that table? Or just one line as retired?

Appreciate your help. I'm confused as some people are talking about travel history and I'm not sure where they refer to.
Also I noticed in 2018 tracking sheet, some people were asked by IRCC to provide a Travel Form. so ????
I had the same situation and i put as retired. There is no such travel form that IRCC is asking at this point of time.