+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

ivehope

Apr 17, 2017
Hello everyone,

I’m going to submit my parents application tomorrow. I have a question about page size - the forms that my parents printed in India are on A4 size paper and the ones I printed here in Canada were in letter size. When I saw the difference, I printed mine on A4 paper as well just to be consistent. I wanted to ask if you see any problem in that? I haven’t seen any instructions from IRCC on paper size.

Thanks in advance for your help!

soroush

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
hi guys, do we include travel history in 5669? meaning if one goes on vacation for a couple of weeks or so, how do you put it on 5669?
say the person is employed from 2010 and ongoing
then traveled 2 weeks in 2016/2. how do u put it and still validate?
tnx

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
I am sponsoring my grandfather, but
1) My father doesn't have his birth certificate
2) My birth certificate has my date of birth and my father's name, but doesn't have my name (was't decided at the time)

Now to prove relationship, I want to provide a affidavit. Should I provide 2 affidavits.. one for myself and one for father, or same affidavit that includes all 3 of us? thanks
Mine is also grandparent sponsorship. We are providing two separate affidavits, as names are missing in both sponsor and parent's BC's.
1. You will need an affidavit for your father's BC if you can't get a new one made. To prove relationship between your father and grandparent, an explanation letter with supporting documents should work. (Not sure if your grandfather should provide an affidavit too)
2. An affidavit from your parents that you are their child, an explanation letter, plus other documents that prove the relationship like education, passport bio pages, hospital record in case available.

makbar24

Jan 26, 2009
Including Mom.
Including Mom.
Thank you Garry for your all help. I have one more quick question as follow, if you could share your idea what to do on it:
1) "Schedule -A" Question # 5 ( Education History), If there are '0 'year of academic study, what to Put in the Date fields ( From - To), validation failed if i do not put anything on this fields. I have been reading at the Guide under Schedule A – Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) as follow:
"
Note: This form has a "Validate" button. When you press the “validate” button, any missing information will be identified with a pop-up message or a red square around the fields that need to be completed. You should fill out your form on a computer and validate it to reduce mistakes and help you to submit a form that is complete.
"
ALSO under the "
Personal details
Note: If you do not know the complete date of birth or if the date is in the 1800s, please use a “*” (star sign/asterisk) to fill in the spaces for the unknown year, month or day. The missing information can be added by hand however the form cannot be validated."

SO I am assuming, I can manually filled invalidated fielded after liking "Validated" Button( Although it will say Validated: No). I have noticed that IF you do not click "Validated" button there are no "Yes/No" under the Validated. When click "Validated button then You will have either Yes/No. I am assuming, it just help you to minimize the mistake but not necessarily 100% correct. That;s why guide Say "The missing information can be added by hand however the form cannot be validated."

Could you help help me on it

Please advice what to do ....

mrst2019

May 14, 2019
First off this forum has been immensely helpful I am so glad I found this.

We are sponsoring my in-laws so here is my question:

Form 5669 Schedule A-

Can we include a separate page for travel history to show travel dates as the in-laws were both employed with the company but took a leave of absence to travel to canada for 6 months and returned to the employment. they have both been employed with the same firm for over 22 and 10 years respectively.

Do we need to include their residential address if they stayed with us in the following sequence:
23 february 2018 to 13 June 2018 - Toronto
13 June 2018- 20 June 2018 Punta Cana, Dominican
20 June 2018 to 8 September 2018- Toronto

Thank you in advance.

apple416

Mar 30, 2018
Some of the document requirements and preparation takes time. Can anyone advise if there is any way to extend the 60 day time limit to have the application submitted? Thanks.

Swaj123

May 13, 2019
Hi All,
For those who are filling out your forms, in the Financial evaluation - imm5768e form, for question#14, should the sponsor and co-sponsor family size be the same and should this match Q#7 in the same form?

Q14. Family size for spouse is same as sponsor family size in the employment history - sponsor and co-sponsor table? Would it be double counted?
Hi, did you get answer for this? i already read 150 pages of this thread, no one answer this question... kindly safe my time..

Swaj123

May 13, 2019
Hey guys my parents were filling the IMM0008, and they have a visitor visa,
what would be the UCI number for Visitors? is it given to visitors?
When they submit TRV, they received a confirmation email, you can find their UCI at the top of that email.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hi Guys

I initially hired an immigration agency to submit the interest form to sponsor and luckily I got selected. They sent me the email copy from IRCC asking to submit the application. Now I am contemplating if I should hire them again or can I just do it my self? Will there be any problems since they were the ones who filled up the form when they sent the interest form to sponsor?

Thanks for your help!
No issue

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hello everyone,

I’m going to submit my parents application tomorrow. I have a question about page size - the forms that my parents printed in India are on A4 size paper and the ones I printed here in Canada were in letter size. When I saw the difference, I printed mine on A4 paper as well just to be consistent. I wanted to ask if you see any problem in that? I haven’t seen any instructions from IRCC on paper size.

Thanks in advance for your help!
No issue. You can use A4 and letter size

Last edited:
Reactions: Darjeeling_Man

S0324

Jul 25, 2018
India
My mom got married when she was 18 and since then she has always been a homemaker. During these years she has lived in different cities, within the country, along with my father. I have reflected this situation in Personal history & Addresses of IMM5669 form as: In personal history, populated one row and added homemaker as activity type for the entire period, and I left the city/town field blank. In the Addresses field, I have created 5 rows and provided her address history.
Is this correct or should I include 5 records in Personal history and include the city/town details there?
@canuck78 would you pls help?