+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

diveshsingh

Nov 25, 2017
My friend got the invitation too and he wants to sponsor her mother and grand mother ,since his grandmother is dependant on his mother , should he be filling one form and show her grand mother as dependant or 2 seperate forms , appreciate your respond

aumraiya

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
Hi everyone, I am planning to apply for my mother's PR. I had a couple of questions and any suggestions would be helpful:

1.My wife is currently a homemaker and we have a two month old so not sure if it will help the family income. Should I still put her as a co-signer?

2. We don't have my mother's birth certificate from India. Any suggestions on what else might work ?

Thanks in advance

gskn4u

Star Member
Nov 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2014
AOR Received.
25-04-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
i have a question regarding form imm5768e (Financial Evaluation)

14. Provide your employment history as well as periods of unemployment for the last THREE consecutive taxation years preceding your application

1. I should use NOA for year 2016, 2017 and 2018. Is that correct?
2. I am employed since 2015 with same company. how should I input my gross income? should I update only one row with total sum of income from NOA (line 150)? or should I enter 3 separate entries for each year?
3. what should be From and To date? Jan thru December? or financial period (i.e. March thru Feb)?
4. The address and phone number is my work address and work phone number or my company head office address and phone number?

thank you for your help in advance.

gskn4u

Star Member
Nov 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2014
AOR Received.
25-04-2014
IELTS Request
Hi everyone, I am planning to apply for my mother's PR. I had a couple of questions and any suggestions would be helpful:

1.My wife is currently a homemaker and we have a two month old so not sure if it will help the family income. Should I still put her as a co-signer?

2. We don't have my mother's birth certificate from India. Any suggestions on what else might work ?

Thanks in advance
1. If your income is good to meet the financial requirement, your wife need not cosign. My case, I meet the requirement but still my wife is co-sign.
2. Your birth certificate is necessary. Not your mother's birth certificate.

gskn4u

Star Member
Nov 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2014
AOR Received.
25-04-2014
IELTS Request
hey guys
i am single, which should i choose, yes or no, for question 1 in imm 5768?

A) Is your spouse or common-law partner co-signing the undertaking?
NO

krsna05

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-8-2014
Doc's Request.
12-5-2015
Med's Request
26-5-2015
Med's Done....
10-6-2015 TLU
Passport Req..
13-08-2015
Is marriage photo mandatory on marriage affidavit for parents .
Please respond

guddu_abhi

Feb 12, 2017
You are wrong, this letter comes with the sponsor approval, it is not the invitation to apply
As the matter of fact, midi clearly states on their website:
If IRCC finds your sponsorship application is eligible, you will be invited to continue the process by submitting an undertaking application to Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion (MIDI)

You haven’t even applied for IRCC at this point, therefore you don’t have this letter, do what you want, but in a week you will see I’m right, good luck
Hi diegosolano!
Correction here : I haven't applied for CSQ yet - i was about to do that TOMORROW..I was excited and wrote that I have already applied.
Now I understand what you are saying and it seems correct -
Thewn one more question appears: In form IMM0008 - question -6 - IRCC asks if you have received CSQ and if not then we need to specify the CSQ application date - The concern here is then - what should i fill first ? because i live in quebec and my parents (principal applicant) would also live in quebec so we cannot keep this question blank..
Please advice

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hi diegosolano!
Correction here : I haven't applied for CSQ yet - i was about to do that TOMORROW..I was excited and wrote that I have already applied.
Now I understand what you are saying and it seems correct -
Thewn one more question appears: In form IMM0008 - question -6 - IRCC asks if you have received CSQ and if not then we need to specify the CSQ application date - The concern here is then - what should i fill first ? because i live in quebec and my parents (principal applicant) would also live in quebec so we cannot keep this question blank..
Please advice
IRCC first and wait for IRCC letter before apply for . You need to attached IRCC letter to apply to MIDI.

Form 008
6(a) = No
6(c) = leave blank

pooky86

Aug 13, 2018
Hello Friends,
I have a question regarding the birth certificates and translation;
I have in my possession my birth certificate but it was certified in 2014, and the translation was done in 2016 with an affidavit as well. (I had these done for previous applications for sponsorships)
Is it ok to submit these documents that are a few years old? or do I have to get a more recent certified copy with the translation??

thanks !

desmonddoss

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
My friend got the invitation too and he wants to sponsor her mother and grand mother ,since his grandmother is dependant on his mother , should he be filling one form and show her grand mother as dependant or 2 seperate forms , appreciate your respond
2 Separate forms. His grandmother is not a dependant. His grandmother and mother are both principal applicants in their own forms.
As per cic guide:
"For an application to be considered complete, the sponsor and principal applicant must fill out the forms listed and must submit them all together in one envelope for each set of parents and grandparents you are sponsoring."

Ramona2019

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
I was looking at the 2018 tracking sheet and noticed some people were asked for additional documents for travel history. anyone knows what it is for? anything we can include upfront? I did not see any request for travel history in the forms or checklist.