+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

a109664

Jan 28, 2019
14. Provide your employment history as well as periods of unemployment for the last THREE consecutive taxation years preceding your application
I am going to tag along @gskn4u question .

1. I have been employed with the same company since 2007..
2. I was single then and now married and have kids.

Do I break down each year for this question?
for eg.. 2007-2011 = single
2011-2013= married
2013-2015 = total member 3

Thx

dennizgb

Star Member
Feb 23, 2014
Hi guys, I have another question regarding signatures

Which forms need to be signed with hand? In doc checklist it is mentioning only IMM 5669 that needs to be handwritten signature, to be accepted? Family is not with us, but in Mexico, so they need to fill out the forms, signed them and send them by mail to us, right?

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Hi guys, I have another question regarding signatures

Which forms need to be signed with hand? In doc checklist it is mentioning only IMM 5669 that needs to be handwritten signature, to be accepted? Family is not with us, but in Mexico, so they need to fill out the forms, signed them and send them by mail to us, right?
Yes

mandeep2018

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
IS IT REALLY REQUIRED TO TYPE THE NAME ON THE SIGNATURE BOX TO SIGN ELECTRONICALLY ON IMM5669? HANDWRITTEN SIGNATURE IS THE ONE REQUIRED AND I DONT KNOW WHY SOME OF THEM CAN'T VALIDATE THE FORM WHEN YOU JUST HAVE TO SIMPLY TYPE THE DATE TO SUCCESFULLY VALIDATE.
I found out you need to type in the name validate / save and then take out the name then validate and that works then you can sign it manually

mandeep2018

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
Hi question for the team here, if you worked a full time and part time job at the same time how would you fill that out on financial form? Do u need to split the gross income between the two jobs?

ashu.thind

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 05
AOR Received.
Nov 24
Med's Request
Jan 24
Med's Done....
Feb 07 ## Third Line : March 27
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jun 10
VISA ISSUED...
June 24
LANDED..........
September 08
It will be her UCI number forever so use that UCI for this application as well.
Application Number should be N/A

Question 2 IMM 5669: Application Number
This question only applies to applicants who have already submitted their application and were asked by an officer to complete this form. If this applies to you, write your application number here.
Thanks, i have filled in the UCI number for the form 5669. Can we leave the application number in the 5669 form empty or do we need to write Not Applicable in the box ?

RAY2112

Jul 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know there is a big debate about travel history in imm5669.
I read many answers and responses from previous members specifically about travel history.

My humble observation and I am not a Visa officer, the travel section is meant to ask the main applicant and dependent about their permanent address.

I always in favor not to overthinking the imm5669.
if IRCC really need to know every single travel that the parents did. They could ask that clearly, and make it as a separate section same as the PR renewal and Citizenship application (when they ask about time spent outside Canada. to calculate the days that you spent outside Canada)
But in this form (quoting from different - Make Sense!)

IRCC don't care about vacations, short trips, etc; they want to know what you were doing. eg if you were working in one job 2011-2016, that's all that's needed there. It doesn't matter if you took a trip to Spain or Norway.
Same for when you were a student. Bear in mind that at some point you need to provide a scan of every marked page of your passport, so any stamps to 'dangerous' countries (eg Iraq, Syria, Central African Republic) would be flagged for explanation at that point. If you quit your job, and spent time travelling, then you'd need to list the countries you were in, because that would be your primary activity.

Some countries, the visa office has a separate 'your travel history' form, where you would have to detail every trip you'd made in the relevant time period (eg, Paris is a VO that requires this).

For your current address, work, etc, anything ongoing just write Present or any synonym for that.

I did mention only the permanent addresses, and I am will not send any updates until the Visa Office ask to do the that. In both ways at the last stage they will ask for your parent passports and they can see all the stamps and if they want to get more explanation they will do that.

That's my humble understanding.
Good Luck for everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: danny_scars

ihg

May 9, 2019
does it matter?
No , It is just a matter of IRC agent convenience , When I spoke to my case manager few years back she said she is checking all the page number are complete in the form like 1 of 2 or 2 of 2 so I just left the bar code pages where it belongs in the form .

Reactions: alexpritie