+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Edilson GO

Apr 25, 2019
Hélio...Any ideas for “current occupation” for parentes that are here on a super visa spending time with the family?

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
Hello. If the parents have been in, and are currently in Canada on a super visa, is it better to state current country of residence here in Canada or back home? Thank you.
Are they residing here or visiting? I'd use Canada if they are staying here for over 6 months. Seniors, please correct me if I am wrong.
My mom is here on the super visa so I put Canada as her current country of residence, and status is "Visitor".

Last edited:

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are they residing here or visiting? I'd use Canada if they are staying here for over 6 months. Seniors, please correct me if I am wrong.
My mom is here on the super visa so I put Canada as her current country of residence, and status is "Visior"
Yes you can if she is here for long time. She is exempt from Biomatic also .

vikram2717

May 6, 2019
Hello, I have more questions on interest to sponsor form

1. I made a mistake in interest to sponsor form by not including my father's middle name. How can i correct this ?

2. People may have discussed below, so sorry to ask this again

In the guide to fill Interest to Sponsor form, the formula to calculate family size was a + b + c + d + e where
a is youself
b is your spouse
c is your dependents
d is your parents to whom you want to sponsor and
e is your parents's dependents.
I used the above to put my family size as 6 (1+1+2+2+0)

But somewhere in this forum, I also read that In the actual interest to sponsor form, the family size calculation formula was a + b + c ONLY
As there was a different field to put the total of d + e

I haven't read it carefully while filling the actual form as I was in hurry
Can someone share some light on this please, thanks in advance

And if the later is correct then how to make this correction now

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
Hélio...Any ideas for “current occupation” for parentes that are here on a super visa spending time with the family?
Dude, ask you question once and give it time for people to answer... If you are in a rush you can hire an immigration consultant.

Are your parents retired back home? If yes, you can use that as your answer. Company is "N/A"

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, I have more questions on interest to sponsor form

1. I made a mistake in interest to sponsor form by not including my father's middle name. How can i correct this ?

2. People may have discussed below, so sorry to ask this again

In the guide to fill Interest to Sponsor form, the formula to calculate family size was a + b + c + d + e where
a is youself
b is your spouse
c is your dependents
d is your parents to whom you want to sponsor and
e is your parents's dependents.
I used the above to put my family size as 6 (1+1+2+2+0)

But somewhere in this forum, I also read that In the actual interest to sponsor form, the family size calculation formula was a + b + c ONLY
As there was a different field to put the total of d + e

I haven't read it carefully while filling the actual form as I was in hurry
Can someone share some light on this please, thanks in advance

And if the later is correct then how to make this correction now
Here is pdf of the form you submited.
https://www.fumu.ca/download/demo_form_2019.pdf

Reactions: danny_scars

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you place the bar code pages before the application or at the end? the Generic form one has 7 pages do you place the barcodes at the top?
1. Letter for Invitaion.
2. Document Checklist.
3. Form with barcode (Barcode on top).
4. All other forms.

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks, That's smart that you captured PDF at that moment

I may have filled wrong in Q1 on page 5. It should be 4 in my case and I may have put 6 in a hurry
Can someone guide how to correct this now ?
you should add and explanation letter statting this mistake with your application.

mandeep2018

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
No.
Letter of invitation is first in the package. Follow the list as i have answered.

Thank you, I also had 2 other questions for the financial form it has the the 3 years of employment and the gross salary what's the family unit number does that include your parents or without them. Also for their passport copies which pages should be included besides the picture and bio page or are those 2 sufficient ? Thank you kindly

nis4

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
Hi, my mother is currently visiting me in Canada. I have a question about address history in the form IMM 5669. Should I add the Canadian address as part of the address history even if she plans to stay less than 6 months (although will still be in Canada at the time of submitting application). In the form IMM 0008, I added Canada as her current country of residence