+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
Hi, my mother is currently visiting me in Canada. I have a question about address history in the form IMM 5669. Should I add the Canadian address as part of the address history even if she plans to stay less than 6 months (although will still be in Canada at the time of submitting application). In the form IMM 0008, I added Canada as her current country of residence
Is she staying 2 months? 5 months? I'd try to differentiate visiting/living here.
If it sounds like she is going to be here for a while, I'd use Canada as the country of residence - with a "visitor" status. If it is sounds more like a visit - use her address back home. :)

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
Thank you, I also had 2 other questions for the financial form it has the the 3 years of employment and the gross salary what's the family unit number does that include your parents or without them. Also for their passport copies which pages should be included besides the picture and bio page or are those 2 sufficient ? Thank you kindly
Parents must be included in family size and you must meet MNI to family size including them.
Bio pages is the only thing required - personally, I don't see the problem in sending the stamp pages but I'd group them in a way that it is legible but doesn't inundate the officer with extra paperwork. I printed 6 passport pages per sheet.

nis4

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
Is she staying 2 months? 5 months? I'd try to differentiate visiting/living here.
If it sounds like she is going to be here for a while, I'd use Canada as the country of residence - with a "visitor" status. If it is sounds more like a visit - use her address back home. :)
Thanks @danny_scars , She will be here for 5 months. In this case, it is still technically under 6 months, that's why a little confused about what would be more appropriate :(

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
Thanks @danny_scars , She will be here for 5 months. In this case, it is still technically under 6 months, that's why a little confused about what would be more appropriate :(
I would use Canada - the Officer will see her home address on the next row as you have to give her history for the previous 10 years anyway.
You can always wait but until a senior member gives his/her 2 cents. ;)

Last edited:

rinkupatel.dmj

Mar 13, 2013
Toronto, ON, CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2013
Doc's Request.
15/05/2014
AOR Received.
11-12-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with the Application
File Transfer...
21-12-2013
Med's Request
UPFRONT - 12-04-2014
Med's Done....
ECAS UPDATED: 25-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-11-2014 / Change of VO 11-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2014
LANDED..........
31-12-2014 @ Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1460&top=14
Your dad must be included in your family size (meet income requirements) as well as in your application.
>>

To calculate your family size, include:

• yourself
  • your spouse or common-law partner (who could also be your co-signer)
  • your dependent children
    • only include your children if they meet the definition of a dependent child
    • for young children, only include them starting on the year they were born (see example 2)
  • your spouse’s or partner’s dependent children
    • only include children who meet the definition of a dependent child
    • for young children, only include them starting on the year they were born (see example 2)
  • any other person you (and your co-signer, if applicable) may have sponsored in the past, for whom you’re still financially responsible
  • the parents and grandparents you want to sponsor and their dependants (spouse or partner and dependent children). You must also include
    • any dependent children who won’t come to Canada with your parents or grandparents
    • your parent or grandparent’s spouse or partner, even if they won’t come to Canada
    • your parent or grandparents’ separated spouse
That’s true if they are alive.
But, if they are dead then we don’t need to calculate them.

rinkupatel.dmj

Mar 13, 2013
Toronto, ON, CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2013
Doc's Request.
15/05/2014
AOR Received.
11-12-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with the Application
File Transfer...
21-12-2013
Med's Request
UPFRONT - 12-04-2014
Med's Done....
ECAS UPDATED: 25-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-11-2014 / Change of VO 11-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2014
LANDED..........
31-12-2014 @ Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls
Hi, my mother is currently visiting me in Canada. I have a question about address history in the form IMM 5669. Should I add the Canadian address as part of the address history even if she plans to stay less than 6 months (although will still be in Canada at the time of submitting application). In the form IMM 0008, I added Canada as her current country of residence
Yes, u have to use canadian address if age is staying in canada even if for 1 day.

Pavel

Aug 5, 2011
Hi All, I did mistake in the interest to sponsor form to put 1 under number of person want to be sponsoring. Now i want to add spouse of my parents as a dependents for accompanying to Canada. However income level meet the criteria if i add spouse as a dependent.
Is it possible or it will be wrong when i submit complete application package with the processing fee.

Tarandeep Sabharwal

Feb 2, 2019
Hi All, just want to confirm the forms and supporting documents before sending to CPC-PGP. I am sponsoring my father and mother. My wife is co-signing. No dependents, no representative and giving access to IRCC to access our SIN details.

Forms
1.Checklist and proof of payment
2. IMM5768 Financial Evaluation - Signed by Me and my wife
3. IMM008 Generic Application- Signed by my father (Principal applicant)- Validated with bar-codes
4. IMM1344 Application to sponsor- Signed by Me, my wife and father (Principal applicant) - Validated with bar-codes
5. IMM5406 Additional Family infor: 2 separate forms for father and mother, signed
6. IMM5699 Background declaration: 2 separate forms for father and mother, signed , no bar-codes

Supporting Docs
1. PR card photo copies(Me and Wife)
2. My marriage certificate copy
3. My birth certificate
4. Passport Bio pages copies (Father and mother)
5. My parents marriage certificate copy
6. 2 photos (For each parent, one photo with name date of birth and stamp from studio )

Address to send

CPC-PGP
PO Box 8020, STN T CSC
OTTAWA, ON
K1G 3H6

Please check, am I good to send?
I find everything is good but just make sure that all signatures are done by hand and in the first page, top right Under VALIDATED it should be yes and Validation number like 1234567890 should be same on all the pages of the form

Good luck

Tarandeep Sabharwal

Feb 2, 2019
Hi All, I did mistake in the interest to sponsor form to put 1 under number of person want to be sponsoring. Now i want to add spouse of my parents as a dependents for accompanying to Canada. However income level meet the criteria if i add spouse as a dependent.
Is it possible or it will be wrong when i submit complete application package with the processing fee.
I think its better to call IRCC Agent in this case or hire a legal consultant
He can help you with this kind of situation.

Star1988

Oct 23, 2014
I have submitted an "Interest to Sponsor" application for my mother in law . We have received an invitation letter to submit the application .

Our intention is that me and my wife wanted to sponsor my mother in law together as a joint application (co-sponsor). But at this point, we have received the invitation letter in my name.

What is the probability cic would change the applicant as my wife?? We have reached out to cic yet to hear from them.

diegosolano

Jul 24, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
I have submitted an "Interest to Sponsor" application for my mother in law . We have received an invitation letter to submit the application .

Our intention is that me and my wife wanted to sponsor my mother in law together as a joint application (co-sponsor). But at this point, we have received the invitation letter in my name.

What is the probability cic would change the applicant as my wife?? We have reached out to cic yet to hear from them.
Your wife is not the applicant, your mother-in-law is . If you put your name to sponsor your mother-in-law, then unfortunately that's not how it works, you can only sponsor your own parents or grandparents

Your wife should have filled the EOI and then you could have been the co-signer for the application. I don't know what else to say but that's how it is

timeone

May 8, 2019
Can anyone elaborate on the barcode pages please on IMM0008 and other forms. The guide states they should be put on top of the application.
4. Place the barcode page(s) on the top of your application (forms and supporting documents) when you submit it.
Does that mean I should staple the barcode page (s) as the first page in each application form or should I be placing them on top of all other paperwork in the application package, e.g. on top of check list form and invitation to apply?

ananthyog

Star Member
Feb 16, 2019
In schedule A education history
1.do we have to give the details of only high school and post secondary education? not primary school details?
2. what would you write for field of study and certificate issued for high school (from grade 7-12)?