+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
And in the IMM5768 - Financial Evaluation Form, 1 will be me, And I will be filling 2 as current Undertaking PGP applicants ( My parents) and 1 as Previous Undertakings(number of persons included in previous undertakings you signed as a sponsor and that are not yet in effect(which have not become Permanant Residents yet)) ? So total would be 4? Or I would not be counting my spouse application here? And count will only be 3 ? And for spouse as she is currently in progress, is that the correct option to select?
You need to count your spouse regardless if she is physically here or not. She is your spouse.

rinkupatel.dmj

Mar 13, 2013
Toronto, ON, CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2013
Doc's Request.
15/05/2014
AOR Received.
11-12-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with the Application
File Transfer...
21-12-2013
Med's Request
UPFRONT - 12-04-2014
Med's Done....
ECAS UPDATED: 25-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-11-2014 / Change of VO 11-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2014
LANDED..........
31-12-2014 @ Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls
If I apply for extending visitors visa for my parent and also submit the PGP PR application for the same parent.
Am I considered as Sponsoring 2 different applications?

RockerMe

Jan 12, 2019
It clearly mentions no need to give biometrics:
Note: There is a temporary public policy exemption for in-Canada applicants. More specifically, foreign nationals who are eligible to apply from within Canada would normally provide their biometrics as part of an application or request for

• a temporary resident visa (TRV)
  • a work permit or study permit
  • a temporary resident permit
  • permanent residence
However, since there is currently no biometric service delivery network within Canada, these applicants are exempt from the biometrics requirement until such time as the public policy is lifted. Applicants who apply from within Canada, but whose applications are not eligible to be processed from within Canada, are not covered under this public policy exemption. Those applicants are required to leave Canada in order to submit their biometrics as part of their application.
Do you have a reference link for this? I might check the entire phrase specifically on ineligibility because I didn't even realize that there are applications not eligible to be applied within Canada, like on what grounds?

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
Thank you for the helpful reply. Might as well I submit her home police clearance and pay the $85 in case such changes arise. I don't mind paying. I'm just wary that if the officers realized that we paid for the biometrics, they might request her to do it. It's just absurd that she just came here last month and planning to stay here in Canada for two years then soon will be sent home just because of the biometrics.
Not paying to maybe not having to do it is silly.. it is part of the process to get biometrics done. Parents that are in Canada are just caught on a loophole as there are no facilities in Canada to get it done - though I believe this will be implemented soon enough. If you have nothing to hide just go with the flow ;)
If I may, hold on the police certificate. The checklist clearly tells you not to send it now:https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5771e.pdf just wait until they request it

p..s..: not trying to be mean, ok? My mom just got here on May 2 and I don't wanna think about having to spend money on more airfare... just do the steps you are told and it will all sort itself out in the end :)

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
Do you have a reference link for this? I might check the entire phrase specifically on ineligibility because I didn't even realize that there are applications not eligible to be applied within Canada, like on what grounds?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html

Don't worry though - you can apply to PGP with your parents in Canada. They just created this exception for applicants in Canada as there are no facilities to have your biometrics done in Canada right now.

djaulakh88

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
Guys, I have one question. I was filling IMM 1344 form and there in the Sponsor's eligibility, there is a question "Have you Submitted a previous application in respect of which a final decision has not been made for the person being sponsored and their family members?". Now I have this concern, that I have my Spousal application in progress, and now in parallel I am applying for this PGP 2019, should I select NO or YES here? When I was seeing the instruction guide its written as below
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you answer “Yes” to any question between 5 and 15, and you are sponsoring a spouse, common-law or conjugal partner
  • You are not eligible to be a sponsor. You should not submit an application
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can anyone help me here please?
Hello Guys, Any more suggestions on this would be really appreciated?

Kayaker

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
11-10-2014
Anyone please?
I'm self employed and I'm just guesstimating my income from Jan 1 to May 1 2019. I'm adding a note of explanation that this is my best guess and not accurate to the dollar, also because I have investment income etc. that will be impossible to calculate before the year ends.

Reactions: calgary17

djaulakh88

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
imm 5768E - Question 11 - Your spouse or common law partner , if he or she is not co-signing the undertaking - What should we fill here if her application is also parallely in progress And I have entered her details in 3b(ii) on the form itself. So here should it be blank or we should fill it?