+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Out of curiosity, do you think there will be some delay (given there need for interagency coordination) for people who have provided SIN as opposed to people who have provided NOA's or NOA's / SIN both ?
There can be delay or may be not because most of us don't know the internal process of IRCC. Assuming they must have online system where they can access online information about your finance from CRA. There should not be big delay at least. For your peace of mind you can provide SIN Number and NOA both.

Last edited:

Cabeda

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
No, it's not 20 days. It could be lesser or it could be more.
Here's why - When you submit an application very early within the 60-day deadline, officers have time to review it and send you AOR within days or few weeks (rarely months) since fewer applications are being received for the first week or two. But when the deadline approaches, more and more applications are received... it could be thousands within a day. So the bulk receipt of applications at this later stage slows down the review process. If you have submitted your application closer to the deadline, most of the time AORs are received after a few months - approx 2 months at a minimum and up to 4-6 months.

That's why people who know this trend rushed to submit their applications, just because it speeds up the process. Your parents can receive PR within 5 mos - 8 months of processing. This is taking into account that Medicals, PCCs, etc are submitted on time and that there are no other delays whatsoever.
You Have a good point :)

My application is getting to Ottawa after tomorrow, so hopefully I will be part of the "early" applications and get the AOR fast

Giving that I'm applying from Quebec, we have 3 steps process, I'm expecting it to be longer than the ones applying directly to Federal (but on the other hand I get to show only 1 year of income :) )

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
I don't think Marriage certificate has an expiry date. Athough some people may wish for one :p
You can submit it as such buddy.
No it does not have, but it's 4 years old, maybe they seperated in those 4 years ?

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
Yes of course you will be using 5 year old certificate. Same as birth certificate is for lifetime. But keep in mind if the Certificate is not in English then need to be translated.
Birth certificate is lifetime i understand, nothing can change. But marriage is different no ? if it's 4 years old, who guarantes that they are still married ?

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
Birth certificate is lifetime i understand, nothing can change. But marriage is different no ? if it's 4 years old, who guarantes that they are still married ?
I provided original marriage certificate for my parents from 1978. It was surprisingly in English and had all relevant information. My parents sure have not separated since, but at the same time, they were not willing to get married again, just for the sake of a "recent" certificate...:p

Maybe its just me, but this is by far the most amusing query/doubt on this forum...(no offence meant to the OP)...

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well IRCC believes in your words. if you say you are married in the forms and have marriage certificate then they don't ask you to prove if you are still married or not unless there is any doubt. To sum up all previous conversations on this. You are good to send an old marriage certificate.

Last edited:
Reactions: laxsun

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
So, you want the government to conduct census of who stays in marriage and who leaves and issue a new marriage certificate every year? :D
There is money to be made here @karthik.andhamil. Govt has their hands full, I say we approach them with an idea to outsource this to a third party venture. Patent this idea, float a company, do an IPO...sky is the limit. Who knows, we can even open a branch in Australia...or in US...oh wait, then you will hit the wall :p:D:p

Reactions: karthik.andhamil

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
This is a strange idea... Most parents' marriage certificates are 30 or more years old....
As far as I know, most people usually get 1 copy of their marriage certificate and that's when they got married.

I don't think they want a "current" marriage certificate like police clearance check or medical exam....

djaulakh88

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
Guys, I have one question. I was filling IMM 1344 form and there in the Sponsor's eligibility, there is a question "Have you Submitted a previous application in respect of which a final decision has not been made for the person being sponsored and their family members?". Now I have this concern, that I have my Spousal application in progress, and now in parallel I am applying for this PGP 2019, should I select NO or YES here? When I was seeing the instruction guide its written as below
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you answer “Yes” to any question between 5 and 15, and you are sponsoring a spouse, common-law or conjugal partner
  • You are not eligible to be a sponsor. You should not submit an application
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can anyone help me here please?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Guys, I have one question. I was filling IMM 1344 form and there in the Sponsor's eligibility, there is a question "Have you Submitted a previous application in respect of which a final decision has not been made for the person being sponsored and their family members?". Now I have this concern, that I have my Spousal application in progress, and now in parallel I am applying for this PGP 2019, should I select NO or YES here? When I was seeing the instruction guide its written as below
If you answer “Yes” to any question between 5 and 15, and you are sponsoring a spouse, common-law or conjugal partner
  • You are not eligible to be a sponsor. You should not submit an application

Can anyone help me here please?
As you have quoted:

But in this application, you are sponsoring your parents, not a spouse or common-law or conjugal partner.

Other senior members can comment but I think it's fine to have both applications (spouse and PGP) in process at the same time.

RockerMe

Jan 12, 2019
i sent in the police clearance from our home country with oficial translation knowing full well they might request another one. i did not get one in Canada though as they will most likely ask for another after they review her file and the document checklist tells you not to send one.

yes, i paid for biometrics and mom is currently in Canada under super visa until Oct 2020. if she doesn't need it they can refund it or keep it for all i care: its $85, u are paying over $1000 for everything else.. why risk delaying the process? $85 is not worth it, imo.
Thank you for the helpful reply. Might as well I submit her home police clearance and pay the $85 in case such changes arise. I don't mind paying. I'm just wary that if the officers realized that we paid for the biometrics, they might request her to do it. It's just absurd that she just came here last month and planning to stay here in Canada for two years then soon will be sent home just because of the biometrics.

djaulakh88

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
As you have quoted:

But in this application, you are sponsoring your parents, not a spouse or common-law or conjugal partner.

Other senior members can comment but I think it's fine to have both applications (spouse and PGP) in process at the same time.
And in the IMM5768 - Financial Evaluation Form, 1 will be me, And I will be filling 2 as current Undertaking PGP applicants ( My parents) and 1 as Previous Undertakings(number of persons included in previous undertakings you signed as a sponsor and that are not yet in effect(which have not become Permanant Residents yet)) ? So total would be 4? Or I would not be counting my spouse application here? And count will only be 3 ? And for spouse as she is currently in progress, is that the correct option to select?

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
Hi All, just want to confirm the forms and supporting documents before sending to CPC-PGP. I am sponsoring my father and mother. My wife is co-signing. No dependents, no representative and giving access to IRCC to access our SIN details.

Forms
1.Checklist and proof of payment
2. IMM5768 Financial Evaluation - Signed by Me and my wife
3. IMM008 Generic Application- Signed by my father (Principal applicant)- Validated with bar-codes
4. IMM1344 Application to sponsor- Signed by Me, my wife and father (Principal applicant) - Validated with bar-codes
5. IMM5406 Additional Family infor: 2 separate forms for father and mother, signed
6. IMM5699 Background declaration: 2 separate forms for father and mother, signed , no bar-codes

Supporting Docs
1. PR card photo copies(Me and Wife)
2. My marriage certificate copy
3. My birth certificate
4. Passport Bio pages copies (Father and mother)
5. My parents marriage certificate copy
6. 2 photos (For each parent, one photo with name date of birth and stamp from studio )

Address to send

CPC-PGP
PO Box 8020, STN T CSC
OTTAWA, ON
K1G 3H6

Please check, am I good to send?
Don't forget letter of invitation to be on the top of every thing