+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

paulh

Star Member
Feb 22, 2010
so

Sorry to question your response (refers to Q14 on financial eval form - employment history)
Can you please share where on IRCC website it says that?
They already asked in the previous question about the number to determine minimum income. why would he ask the same again,
that too by year by year. 2016; 2017; 2018

I personally think its just (sponsor, your spouse, your dependents) . year by year as it changed. For example
2016 - sponsor
2017 - sponsor + spouse
2018 - sponsor + spouse + child (dependent)

Greatly appreciate some resource from IRCC for clarification.
It is a bit confusing. That is what I thought too.

The calculation method for family size mentioned is for the current time (that means today what is your family size). By the same formula, in 2016, we were a family size of 2 (me + spouse), in 2017 we were 3 (me + spouse + kid) and in 2018 we were 3 (me + spouse + kid)?

The most frustrating point it that in the instruction guide, they did not even mention what to fill for family size for question # 14.

ilovecanada11

Star Member
Sep 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
- 3B and 4 : i am filling in 0, because elsewhere IRCC says not to leave any field empty.
- Accordingly, i am also entering Not Application on sheet2 on que 9 and 10
- Que 11: Correct, only if the spouse is not co-signing. My spouse is co-signing, so her name goes in Que 1(A); "1" on Que 5; and "N/A" on Que 11
- Que 12: correct
- Que 16: Leave empty, Perhaps try writing "N/A" in Que 15.
- Que 17: yeah recommend writing N/A

hth

Thanks. That's what i thought as well.

For question 5. It doesn't matter if spouse cosigns or no , right , we still need to put "1" there ?

Reactions: niting80

niting80

Star Member
Mar 4, 2017
Winnipeg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
2 Dec 2012
LANDED..........
15 Jan 2013
yeah, i had the same think. Seems like a bug in IRCC's form (minor though). because form needs signed by PA, so my dad is sending from India. We just made sure to hit "validate" before printing to ensure that "Yes" comes in "Validated" box. Perhaps print to PDF after validating; and then take the file to another computer for printing.

Hi to all. I am facing a problem with imm 1344. I fill it validate it , the message pop up that successfully validated and now you may print it. Instead of printing it I save it because I don't have printer at home. When I again open the file a message pops up that there is error. "The cosponsor country code can not be 11" second pop up " cosponsor alternate number can not have country code 11"
Very puzzling because I select phone number canada/US. Does any one has experienced this issue and found solution. Or after filling we have to immediately print it ?? Other wise validation is lost??II

I have been getting the same error even when I print it right away as I do have a printer at home.
I think it has to do with contact number. If your parents are not in Canada then you should put their country code with their phone number. See if this would help.

paulh

Star Member
Feb 22, 2010
It does not matter if they lived with him from the last 3 years or not. This is criteria to check if the sponsor is financially stable before the sponsorship and during sponsorship. There is no clause for "If the Parents were living with you in last 3 years". Weather this criteia is good or bad, it is what IRCC have decided to do.
I see. But they already know what is my family size (me + co-signer+dependent+applicant) and they can check it against the income table.

What is the point of asking for family size in the employment history for every year if the answer for family size is going to be the same as my current family size?

niting80

Star Member
Mar 4, 2017
Winnipeg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
2 Dec 2012
LANDED..........
15 Jan 2013
Hey guys, got a question on Financial Evaluation IMM 5768 - Question 14 : Employment History-Sponsor:

The theme of the question says "Last three Consecutive Taxation Years". The last taxation year was 2018; but the "to" in first row says "Present":

- Shall I enter the employment as following? (Same employer all the way through, and no change in family size, Gross income varies.)
"1-Jan-2019" to "Present"
"1-Jan-2018" to "31-Dec-2018"
"1-Jan-2017" to "31-Dec-2017"
"1-Jan-2016" to "31-Dec-2016"

- And what income shall we write for 2019 ? Prorated for the year?

RockerMe

Jan 12, 2019
My mother is here in Canada since March 2019 and she will be staying for 2 years under Supervisa status. She has a police clearance already on-hand.

WILL IT HARM IF I SUBMIT HER POLICE CLEARANCE ALONG THE APPLICATION? I know it's too early and not advisable - but weighing the advantage of providing it before the document expires (feb/2020), assuming also that there'll be no more changes on her police records since she's here in Canada already. Will it suffice if the IRCC will request it soon?

ANY DEPENDENTS WHO ARE LEGALLY HERE IN CANADA ARE EXEMPTED FOR BIOMETRICS, DID ANYONE STILL PAY FOR THE BIOMETRICS IN CASE OFFICERS WILL REQUEST SOON DUE TO UNCERTAIN REASONS?

niting80

Star Member
Mar 4, 2017
Winnipeg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
2 Dec 2012
LANDED..........
15 Jan 2013
My mother is here in Canada since March 2019 and she will be staying for 2 years under Supervisa status. She has a police clearance already on-hand.

WILL IT HARM IF I SUBMIT HER POLICE CLEARANCE ALONG THE APPLICATION? I know it's too early and not advisable - but weighing the advantage of providing it before the document expires (feb/2020), assuming also that there'll be no more changes on her police records since she's here in Canada already. Will it suffice if the IRCC will request it soon?

ANY DEPENDENTS WHO ARE LEGALLY HERE IN CANADA ARE EXEMPTED FOR BIOMETRICS, DID ANYONE STILL PAY FOR THE BIOMETRICS IN CASE OFFICERS WILL REQUEST SOON DUE TO UNCERTAIN REASONS?
Even if you attach PCC now, IRCC may request again. usually PCC is requested for every country where the individual stayed more than 6 mo consecutively. And i remember correctly, PCC also said "must be issued in the last xxx months". So there might be some constraining factors.
I suggest to wait.

Biometric - thats not a case for me. so i will let others respond.

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Hi everyone,

For self employed, how should we put the year to date from Jan 2019- present. If they don’t take paystubs but at the year end take income to the personal income after company expenses.
Please advise

salviDec2017

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Thank you Panther360. I will follow your instruction. Makes sense. Thanks.
I called IRCC as well.
before i could finish my question agent said put 01/01 and validate.
and provide explanation letter.
a consultant friend also suggested the same.
I think this approach is more reliable than an unvalidated form with red box.

niting80

Star Member
Mar 4, 2017
Winnipeg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
2 Dec 2012
LANDED..........
15 Jan 2013
Hi everyone,

For self employed, how should we put the year to date from Jan 2019- present. If they don’t take paystubs but at the year end take income to the personal income after company expenses.
Please advise
did you prepare T4 at the end of year for the gross income? Otherwise you/your CA must have entered Gross income in the personal income tax. You could use that. Thats what i plan to do for my co-signer.

ilovecanada11

Star Member
Sep 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I see. But they already know what is my family size (me + co-signer+dependent+applicant) and they can check it against the income table.

What is the point of asking for family size in the employment history for every year if the answer for family size is going to be the same as my current family size?
I agree it doesn't make sense, it appears that it is the way to fill it though

Reactions: paulh