+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

CA2510

Star Member
Jul 24, 2014
did you get any clarification on this?
i read IRCC tweet, if the form is not validated you have to write an explanation letter along with the application.
Validating the form seem supper important.

Yes....I am trying to get the DoB from the older relatives.

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
I sent through courier and it was delivered to different address which is correct. however, when I confirmed with IRCC they said it is their mail sorting room for different programs. Which tells me may be they receive application for different program then sort and forward to appropriate office.

On the other hand, if you use canada post (with tracking for sure), it will directly deliver to correct office and you may be able to see the ECAS status earlier than the one send through courier. Some people who send through the canada post are already able to see the status.

This my personal theory and may not be correct.

EDIT:
ECAS status link:https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do

If this is indeed true (status on ECAS) , then it is clear to me that there is merit in sending application ASAP before CIC Case Officers are flooded with Files.
Seems like Case Officers will be assigned on a first come first serve basis.

Actually, this is logical as opposed to wait till June 28th for all applications to come; then open each one of them; then assess whether they are valid / complete and then initiate processing.

rawfile

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
In IMM5669E, What should be the activity type for Vacation while they are still employed?

Thanks!

snganu

Oct 2, 2011
Can anyone please help me with the birth certificate query ?

If the birth certificate does not have parents name, do I just write a letter and provide copies of another document like my old passport where parents name was listed (or OCI etc) to prove the relationship ? OR submit an AFFIDAVIT ?

vivek_vig

May 27, 2013
I sent through courier and it was delivered to different address which is correct. however, when I confirmed with IRCC they said it is their mail sorting room for different programs. Which tells me may be they receive application for different program then sort and forward to appropriate office.

On the other hand, if you use canada post (with tracking for sure), it will directly deliver to correct office and you may be able to see the ECAS status earlier than the one send through courier. Some people who send through the canada post are already able to see the status.

This my personal theory and may not be correct.

EDIT:
ECAS status link:https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do
I agree with you. And I feel if you are sending through Canada post and ask for signatures then also it is going to sorting room as PO Box won’t have signing facility.

PAP13

Apr 30, 2019
If this is indeed true (status on ECAS) , then it is clear to me that there is merit in sending application ASAP before CIC Case Officers are flooded with Files.
Seems like Case Officers will be assigned on a first come first serve basis.

Actually, this is logical as opposed to wait till June 28th for all applications to come; then open each one of them; then assess whether they are valid / complete and then initiate processing.
I sent application with Canada Post and delivered on April 29th, but still not showing on ECAS.

nis4

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
Hi guys, I have a confusion about Q10 in IMM 0008 regarding current country of residence. I am sponsoring both my parents. My mother (principal applicant) is currently visiting us in Canada on Super Visa , she arrived in late Jan 2019. My father is in India and he will be sending me his stamped photograph and other documents.
1. What should be her current country of residence? Could the current country of residence depend on whether or not she stays in Canada more than 6 months?
2. If her current country of residence is Canada, what should I put as the To date? She will go back sometime in June but we do not have a final date yet
3. Not sure what happens to her biometric in this case. I am thinking to put June 30th 2019 as the To date so that by the CIC receives our application, they will know my mother is back home in India and send a biometric request for her. Thoughts?
Sorry...bumping this up in the thread to see if moderators have any comments.