+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello there,

I am in a family of 3 (myself, husband and mother - no dependents/divorced yada yada) and I am currently making enough to not need a co-signer. In my application I have noted that my husband won't be co-signing as this is the preference for the both of us.
Question: if something changes from June until her application is finalized, and I need my husband to help me with the MNI, could he be added as a co-signer as he is already named on all the paper work (as my husband, but not a co-signer)?

@canuck78 @canuck_in_uk @scylla @YULIA-2016
No he has to be a co-signer now or never.

CHINNI@1

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
Dear all,

Happy to announce that our application package was sent by Xpresspost to CIC today.

· We had started gathering data for all forms and supporting materials as soon as the new forms were uploaded.

· I had a business trip back home in India in mid-April (prior to invite) and was able to get all wet signatures on all forms as well as all notarized supporting documents prior to the invite.

· Dates in all forms are filled by hand and are dt April 30th. Please note all forms can be validated / saved printed etc. without the dates.

· I received my invitation on April 24, 2019 15:37 EST

· We have a pretty straightforward case (I think) – I am sponsoring my parents, my spouse is NOT a co-signer, we have one child and the Principal Applicant is my Father and his spouse (my mum) is the dependant. My bother (+30 years) has his own family, is settled in Australia, and not considered a dependant. Income is thankfully well above the required limit for all 3 years. I provided SIN so didn’t fill 5748.

· No staples on any form/ supporting document. Wet signatures in Blue (no such requirement, but things stand-out)

We arranged the package as follows

· Invite Letter

· Fee Confirmation (paid biometric fee upfront)

· Document Checklist

Sponsor Forms

· BarCode IMM1344

· Form1344 (Wet signatures)

· IMM5768 with SIN. In item 14 Gross Income I provided both incomes Gross Income as well as NOA / Line 150. This was filled by hand. By definition, Gross Income is total income before benefits and not NOA / Line 150. I have a Professional Corporation so my Gross Income and line 150 is significantly different. Both numbers for each year are well above the requirement.

Principal Applicant Froms

· BarCode IMM0008

· Form IMM008 (Wet Signature)

· IMM5669 – Principal Applicant with full details of Travel corresponding to all stamped pages of current and Old passport were included / Full details of Education, Professional Affiliations & Employment History (Wet Signature)

· IMM5669 – Dependant Spouse With full details of Travel corresponding to all stamped pages of current and Old passport were included / Full details of Education, Professional Affiliations & Employment History (Homemaker) (Wet Signature)

· IMM5406 – Principal Applicant with names (only) in English & Devanagri (typed) & Wet Signatures

· IMM5406 – Dependant Spouse with names (only) in English & Devanagri (typed) & Wet Signatures

· IMM5476 – Use of Representative with Wet Signatures. My parents designated me as the representative.

Supporting Documents(All documents were in English, but I got them notarized anyways.)

· Copy of Canadian Passport of Sponsor

· Birth Certificate of Sponsor

· Current passport – Principal Applicant (All pages, including pages with Stamps, also helps to prove Travel History and corresponding with IMM5669)

· Current passport – Dependant Spouse (All pages, including pages with Stamps, also helps to prove Travel History and corresponding with IMM5669)

· Original Marriage Certificate

· Affidavit Confirming Marriage (Original Marriage certificate had a small typo in my Mom’s last name - one alphabet was “e” instead of “a”. We decided not to take any chances)

· 2 Passport Photos each for Principal Applicant / Dependant Spouse. Sizes etc as per Photo guidance, with name/address of Photo Studio in India stamped, Date Photo Taken + Name of Person & Date of Birth.

Additional Supporting Documents

All documents were in English, but I got then notarized anyways. These are not required, but we included to provide proof of everything. I noticed that from previous years tracking / forum discussions sometimes the Case Officer asks for additional documents such as proof of travel / educational certificates / birth certificates / proof of income etc. which causes unnecessary delay. We decided to include them upfront.

· Proof of Sponsors Gross Income (this number is much higher than my NOA / 150)

· 2019- Till Date – Letter from CA/HR confirming income till date (April 30, 2019 which dorresponds to date of wet signatures on all forms)

· 2018 FY - T5013

· 2017 FY - T5013

· 2016 FY - T5013

· 2015 FY - T5013

· Birth Certificates – Principal Applicant & Dependant Spouse (Not required, but reconfirming Names & authenticity)

· Old passport(s) Pages – Principal Applicant & Dependant Spouse (All pages, including pages with Stamps, also helps to prove Travel History and corresponding with IMM5669)

· Aadhar Card – Front & Back Principal Applicant & Dependant Spouse (Proof of National Identity Document)

· Educational Certificates - Principal Applicant (For Universities Only) (Corresponding to Proof of Education in IMM 5669)

· Professional Memberships – Principal Applicant (Corresponding to Professional Affiliations in IMM 5669)

· Educational Certificates – Dependant Spouse (For Universities Only) (Corresponding to Proof of Education in IMM 5669)

· Proof of Principal Applicant’s Professional Practice in India (Corresponding to Proof of Employment for past 10 years in IMM 5669)

o Resume

o Service Tax Registration Certificate

o GST Registration Certificate

o Tax Statements – Last 10 years (2018-2008 FY) (1-page summary for each year)
Hi. Thanks for all the information . It helps a lot
Is the resume, service tax cert , gst cert , last 10 years tax statement necessary ?

Reactions: caninfoseeker

barelyhome

Dec 30, 2018
Hey Guys,
For supporting documents "5. Copy of travel document or passport for the principal applicant and each accompanying dependent":
1. Are you copying ALL pages of the passports
2. Are you copying expired passports as well as the current one?
Blank pages are not required as per the CIC agent with whom I talked in the morning.

kinetic2214

Star Member
Nov 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Nov-2013
Doc's Request.
22-May-2014
AOR Received.
11-Dec-2013
Med's Request
20-May-2014
Med's Done....
14-July-2014
Passport Req..
21-Nov-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-Dec-2014
LANDED..........
02-Feb-2015
Due to flooding, there will be delay of mail sending to processing office, expect a few days delayed if you sending now
It is scary, any news or reference on the above statement?

SAMHR

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
File Transfer...
15-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-09-2015
LANDED..........
23-10-2015
Hello Admin,

Please add me to the Spreadsheet
Sponsored People: Parents
Parents Country of Citizenship: Bangladesh
Invitation Received: April 25
Province : Alberta
Sin/ NOA Provided: Both
Application Sent: May 2, 2019
Application Received in Ottawa: May 6, 2019

Thank You :)

Reactions: YULIA-2016

venm

May 4, 2017
hey guys my mom does not have birth certificate. i want to get affidavit. what information should include in affidavit. could you guys help me. thanks

Last edited:

yycpam

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
Spreadsheet updates:

Include @usr19 or quote one of my posts so that I get a notification.

All times in eastern time. Include EST/EDT or just ET in your time so that we know that's the time you're providing.

13:05 format for all times. Not 1:05, 1.05 or 13.05.
Apr 1, 2019 format for all dates.

Use this exact template please (no need to repeat what's already in the sheet):

Interest Form: 13:05 EST (or just ET).
Confirmation Email: 13:05 EST (or just ET)
Invitation Email Date and Time: Apr 1, 2019 13:05 EDT (or just ET).
Application Received by CIC: Apr 1, 2019
Invitation Email Date and Time: Apr 24, 2019 12:01 ET

Thank you.

Sam Sh

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Category........
FSW
Please help me.
Form 5669
For someone who works in the Ministry of Education- should I consider it a government position?
it yes, why would I mentioned it again since I have already mentioned it in personal history.
Level of Jurisdiction?!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello there,

I am in a family of 3 (myself, husband and mother - no dependents/divorced yada yada) and I am currently making enough to not need a co-signer. In my application I have noted that my husband won't be co-signing as this is the preference for the both of us.
Question: if something changes from June until her application is finalized, and I need my husband to help me with the MNI, could he be added as a co-signer as he is already named on all the paper work (as my husband, but not a co-signer)?

@canuck78 @canuck_in_uk @scylla @YULIA-2016
If there is a change in family composition during the process that results in you not meeting LICO, such as having a child, you can add your husband. If you lose your job or something like that and no longer meet LICO, no, you can't add him and can expect a refusal.

Patelss

May 2, 2019
Hi guys,
My dad is doing farming back home. what should I write for intended qualification for him in canada (IMM0008)?

Appreciate your help.

karthikramda

Jan 27, 2019
anybody can track the application received on ECAS? someone said they already saw received and app delivered last friday. Now due to flooding delivery partner may hold it till clear :(

bakeks

May 1, 2019
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Hi Andy, thanks for replying and sorry about the font size, for some reason I viewed the post then when I actually posted it, I must've selected the font size to be small.
For my dad, we got the year so we just have to figure out the month.
For my mom, no luck at all, she can't remember and we have asked my aunts/uncles as well.
The only thing I can think of is put an unknown from and to dates, then I can provide a letter saying the school's office is closed and won't re-open in time for us to submit it with actual dates - but I can say it is to follow? or will they consider this as an incomplete application and risk being sent back to me?