+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

hallieliu

Apr 13, 2016
We are sponsoring my spouses father and mother. They had previously applied for a Canadian visa, and had a number of documents certified and translated in China. The documents are 3 years old. Can any of these documents be reused or can we take the previously certified documents and get them translated here in Canada (as I think they have to be translated here in Canada now?)?

Photos for application, does the photographer / studio need to be in English, or will this also need to be done by a certified translator?
You can still use those documents because they are still valid. The only document that has an expiry date is police certificate. On the back of the photo, the studio/photographer's info need to be in English. You do not need a translator to translate it.

hallieliu

Apr 13, 2016
hi there!
I am filling out IMM5768.
Just wonder what you guys put in Q14:

Gross income for the period/Benefits for period?
Iam going to give them an access to my CRA, can I just put N/A?
No, you cannot put N/A. You have to fill it out whether you give CRA access or not.

UPPI

Nov 11, 2013
Good Morning Everyone,

I have question regarding IMM5768 - Financial Evaluation For Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship.

In question 14 -
For the Year 2017, I have 3 different entries. The reason is that I had 2 different employers and 1 period of unemployment.
Are 3 entries ok or should this be only 1 aggregated entry?
Also, I am wondering how would IRCC figure out that the amount entered is income or benefit? (As we cannot select the type)?

I would really appreciate if someone could provide insight into this?

In my opinion, IMM5748 is much detailed and organized.

Can I attach IMM5748 even if I have answered "YES" to question 8 in IMM5768?

Thanks & Regards,
Have a nice day!

hallieliu

Apr 13, 2016
Good Morning Everyone,

I have question regarding IMM5768 - Financial Evaluation For Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship.

In question 14 -
For the Year 2017, I have 3 different entries. The reason is that I had 2 different employers and 1 period of unemployment.
Are 3 entries ok or should this be only 1 aggregated entry?
Also, I am wondering how would IRCC figure out that the amount entered is income or benefit? (As we cannot select the type)?

I would really appreciate if someone could provide insight into this?

In my opinion, IMM5748 is much detailed and organized.

Can I attach IMM5748 even if I have answered "YES" to question 8 in IMM5768?

Thanks & Regards,
Have a nice day!

3 entries are Okay. I believe gross income should be consistent with line 150 on your NOA, which does not include social assistance such as unemployment EI.

Reactions: UPPI

diegosolano

Jul 24, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
I have the same question, I think we should apply for CSQ first then enter the date on 0008.
The first item on the Quebec checklist is the letter from IRCC inviting you to apply for the CSQ; that said, explain to me, how are you going to attach this letter if you haven't even applied with the federal government ?

Just answer you haven't applied for CSQ and leave the rest blank, no problem with that

Reactions: jaioublie

UPPI

Nov 11, 2013
3 entries are Okay. I believe gross income should be consistent with line 150 on your NOA, which does not include social assistance such as unemployment EI.
Thanks for replying. However, Line 150 of my 2017 NOA is sum of all my incomes + EI collected during the period of unemployment.

This is kind of confusing to me.

jez.s009

Oct 22, 2015
Hi Folks, Not sure if the question is answered before but I have couple of questions.I don’t have my father and my birth certificate .Is there any alternative?

shine1429

Apr 4, 2019
Hey I have a question. I am working as a incorporated contractor but confused what gross income needs to be added Financial Evaluation Employment History. Can anyone please help?

hallieliu

Apr 13, 2016
Thanks for replying. However, Line 150 of my 2017 NOA is sum of all my incomes + EI collected during the period of unemployment.

This is kind of confusing to me.
Do not worry. IRCC will figure that out by accessing to your CRA account.

Reactions: UPPI

Ramona2019

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Hi guys,

In the forms we are asked about ID Document numbers and issue,expiry date for principle applicant snd dependants. Do we need to provide an official translation of these ID's then?

gcodtao

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
Years ago it was card not certificate
Thanks a lot for your response.

If there was no citizenship certificate, how should I fill in question 7
a. The date on which you obtained this status : should it be the date of the citizenship ceremony?
b. Your UCI (Unique Client Identifier) : whatever code on the citizenship card?

Thanks again hallieliu and everyone for your help.

f1ahmed

Nov 26, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2015
AOR Received.
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
30-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2016
LANDED..........
18-02-2016
Your wife is the sponsor not applicant. Your mother in law is the applicant. I do not think maternity leave is unemployed unless she quits her job. She still has an employer, right?
Hey thanks. yes, she has her job and will return to work mid December.