+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Nav_S

Aug 8, 2015
For people from India, just checking in what are you guys mentioning for the questions:
Number of school years for Primary/elementary
Secondary/High School??

Mandy5679

Apr 28, 2019
For people from India, just checking in what are you guys mentioning for the questions:
Number of school years for Primary/elementary
Secondary/High School??
Hello, I think Primary/Elementary should be 8 and Secondary/High school 4

Andy_s

Oct 24, 2014
Additional Family Information IMM5406 form email address for all relatives???
Hello All,
Can we leave email address field blank in family information form for my Father/Mother Sister-Brothers email address. All my relatives are above 65 years old and hardly have email address. Please help on this one.
You can put N/A.

Reactions: Mandy5679

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello there, I initially sent interest for sponsorship for my mother and grandmother. My mother has 2 dependents, (my sister and brother who both check out as dependents) can I also apply for them even though I only listed my mother and grandmother's and come with them if and when approved?
How do you also go about the principal application? Is it ok to have them signed the forms and then I will have them send it to me to fill out?
Thanks!
Did you have you mother and her dependents on one application and your grandmother on the other one?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello there, I am in a same boat. do you think we should reach out to an authorized consultant and get the paid consultation ? we can split fee , i just don't want to mess up the application for a few dollars.. I think there are some other questions in the application that are a bit confusing.. let me know. Thanks
Pretty simple. What did you pay yourself? Normally business owners pay themselves the lowest salary possible to take advantage of the corporate tax rate. In this case you could pay yourself too little to qualify for PGP.

Reactions: YVR123

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
My wife and I are both sponsoring our parents and are co-sponsors in each other's applications.
The financial form asks to list our gross incomes for 3 consecutive taxation years.
The thing is, my wife and I were both self-employed in 2016-2017.
She's basically done bookkeeping for my self-employed business.
For example, say I earned 100k in 2016.
30k were listed as booking expenses and as my wife's gross income.
Since the financial form asks for our gross income only, I would list 100 and she would list 30 and it'd look as though together we earned 130k whereas it isn't really the case if you look at net income.

Technically, my income should suffice for both of our applications for all 3 years and they will have full access to my tax returns to confirm everything is in order. Do you think I should include a letter of explanation just in case?

Thanks!
What did you pay yourself not what you kept in your business. Whatever is on your personal tax records line 150.

Reactions: YVR123

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

Please tell me what we should put as Family Size in Financial Evaluation form asking about 3 consecutive years employment history. Should Family size includes the sponsored persons too (My Dad and Mother)?? and Also my Father (Principal Applicant) was working in Punjab Government Food Civil Supplies department his whole life. Do I need to mention if My father held any government position in Question 8. Schedule A Backgroun Declaration form IMM 5669. Please help??
i think the number does include sponsored persons.

Reactions: Mandy5679

gopitaba

Star Member
Sep 7, 2018
Question: My mother has passed away 3 years ago, do I need to mention her details in Dependent section on Generic Application IMM0008?

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
All i can to all of u not to rush to send in your application , you guyz have enough time plz check for mistakes before sending the application , incomplete applications will be returned and you will loose your spot and time.
The more mistakes and rejections the better for those who are careful and qualify.

It's a competition guys. Too bad so sad.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pretty simple. What did you pay yourself? Normally business owners pay themselves the lowest salary possible to take advantage of the corporate tax rate. In this case you could pay yourself too little to qualify for PGP.
@canuck78: Can you please help me with the below question?

I wonder if someone agrees with me on this

IM5768,
Question 11: Your pouseor common law partner, if he/she is NOT co-signing: I put Not applicable as my wife is a co-signer

QUESTION 12: I include my two kids (under 10)

I am assuming those who have kids and wife as co-signer would do the same thing?

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
@canuck78: Can you please help me with the below question?

I wonder if someone agrees with me on this

IM5768,
Question 11: Your pouseor common law partner, if he/she is NOT co-signing: I put Not applicable as my wife is a co-signer

QUESTION 12: I include my two kids (under 10)

I am assuming those who have kids and wife as co-signer would do the same thing?
Yes same. Agree with you.

krsna05

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-8-2014
Doc's Request.
12-5-2015
Med's Request
26-5-2015
Med's Done....
10-6-2015 TLU
Passport Req..
13-08-2015
The guideline is not asking you for documents. Did they not have any education at all?
Thanks for your reply. They have education but I do not have documents, it’s lost

NRocks

Jan 27, 2019
How do I know whether I sponsored my wife for her PR back in 2014? I applied for PR under under Provincial Nominee Program in 2013 before I got married. I got married while my PR application was being processed. Then I added my wife to my PR application in 2014. Does this mean I sponsored my wife? Is there any way to know from any documents such as COPR (conformation of permanent residence)?
I am asking this question because I need to answer the following question in form IMM5768e for my parents' PR application?
Number of persons included in previous undertakings you signed as a sponsor?