+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

raisedonthestreets

Apr 26, 2019
Guys, I have 4 questions :

• i have sponsored my wife last year, In form 5768, should i mention her as my wife or as the person I sponsored earlier .
  • My mother has no last name, But during the EOI i have submitted her middle name as last name ,But in her passport her last name field is empty.
  • IN EOI, I incorrectly answer the question like many of us about how many persons you want to sponsor, though i wanted to sponsor only 1 but i have put the family size there(3).
  • In form 5768 what would be the family size in question 17 ?

Thanks

raisedonthestreets

Apr 26, 2019
Do I also need the birth certificate of my Mom? What i understand from the checklist, If i am sponsoring my grandparents, only then I should submit their Birth certificate ?

babin13

May 31, 2018
Hello everybody! Hope everything's having a blast and is excited for the weekend. I recently sent an interest to sponsor my mother and grandmother. I received the invitation to submit the application on the 24th. Here are my question:
1.Should I complete 2 separate IMM 1344 FOR each
2. Also (knock on wood) if one of them get denied, will the other application be affected?
3. Also, can they just signed the form (as principal applicant) and then send it to me and I will just be the one to supply the info needed?
4. I was on maternity leave in 2018, but it should be fine as long as we meet the income threshold (my husband will be a co-signer), shouldn't it?
5. Can I also just pay 550 : Sponsor your parent or grandparent (without the right of permanent residence fee) and the 75 Sponsorship fee for the meantime and just pay the right of permanent residence fee ($490) when they are approved?

Thanks so much!

Last edited:

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No , I dont. Trying to figure out the main points of reason that I can add as explanation. It seems like no one is really helping me here :(
Sorry if we have missed your original post. As everyone is posting their question same tim, so we may have missed it. Can you please ask the original question agian ?. We will try to help you out.

seehat_inder

Jul 12, 2013
Does somebody have an idea if there is an actual format to send letter of explanation.

We submitted the PR Card copy when submitting EOI. but received citizenship in March and had to surrender PR card.
Will be submitting Canadian passport copy now. So what should be the format of letter?
At the time of EOI, they said that "Don't worry if the document expired. they will accept it".

as long as you have a copy of the ID that you submitted during EOI, you should be ok.

I would attach the both PR card copy and Citizenship certificate along with explanation letter.

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
At the time of EOI, they said that "Don't worry if the document expired. they will accept it".

as long as you have a copy of the ID that you submitted during EOI, you should be ok.

I would attach the both PR card copy and Citizenship certificate along with explanation letter.
Yes it is my situation too. I am going to do same.

lesbleus

Apr 26, 2019
Hello everyone, my wife and I got invitations to submit applications for our respective parent. She is sponsoring her dad and I would be submitting an application for my mum. I met the minimum income requirements for the last 3 taxation years, however, my wife did not meet the requirement for 2017. I made a lot of money in the last 3 years and my income alone can sponsor both parents. Here goes my question, is it possible to co-sign my wife for her dad's application while sponsoring my mom at the same time? Our combined income from 2016-2018 will be in 6 figures which will be enough to cover the 4 of us.

seehat_inder

Jul 12, 2013
Follow the Guide 100%, do not even attempt to mess up with that, they clearly said place the bar codes on top of everything, if you do not follow they may or may not return your application but up to them since you do not follow the guide
This is what invitation email says:
Below is a barcode that will help our agents match your application(s) to the information you submitted when you expressed your interest to sponsor. Please print this page and include it as the first page with your application.

This is what check list says:
Note: Include the copy of invitation letter.......Place this letter as 1st page of your application package (above the Document checklist)

Also, first thing anyone wanted to tell the CIC that "here is the invitation".

Thank you!

Reactions: abhionly4u1

rhonaleen17

Star Member
Apr 1, 2010
Ontario
Current residence is Canada and Status is Visitor the day you will sign your application Date to.
The from date I know what to put in because that is his entry date. But the date "to" is confusing. so you think it is the date I am going to sign my application that I am going to put even my father is still here in Canada?
thanks though.

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
Spreadsheet updates:

Include @usr19 or quote one of my posts so that I get a notification.

All times in eastern time. Include EST/EDT or just ET in your time so that we know that's the time you're providing.

13:05 format for all times. Not 1:05, 1.05 or 13.05.
Apr 1, 2019 format for all dates.

Use this template please (delete what's already in the sheet):

Interest Form: 13:05 EST (or just ET).
Confirmation Email: 13:05 EST (or just ET)
Invitation Email Date and Time: Apr 1, 2019 13:05 EDT (or just ET).
Application Received by CIC: Apr 1, 2019
I am in the list - it seems - but the link on ur signature doesn't show me the invitation times/dates. Maybe I am looking at an old spreadsheet?
https://docs.zoho.com/sheet/published.do?rid=cfntzbbc77dd78eca46fba3aab34f3fd263dc
Anyway... my info:
Interest Form: 12:04 EST
Confirmation Email: 12:29 EST
Invitation Email Date and Time: Apr 24, 2019 12:26 EDT
Application Received by CIC:

Last edited:
Reactions: usr19

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, I have 4 questions :

• i have sponsored my wife last year, In form 5768, should i mention her as my wife or as the person I sponsored earlier .
  • My mother has no last name, But during the EOI i have submitted her middle name as last name ,But in her passport her last name field is empty.
  • IN EOI, I incorrectly answer the question like many of us about how many persons you want to sponsor, though i wanted to sponsor only 1 but i have put the family size there(3).
  • In form 5768 what would be the family size in question 17 ?

Thanks
1. You do not need to count her as sponser.
2. Use her name as shown in Passport ottravel document. Add an explanation letter because you may have done to validate the form as it requires first and last name.
3. Add explanation for this too.
4. You + Spouse + if any childern + person you are going to sponser.

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The from date I know what to put in because that is his entry date. But the date "to" is confusing. so you think it is the date I am going to sign my application that I am going to put even my father is still here in Canada?
thanks though.
Yes you are right. Because this is the latest information you are aware of.The date you will sign your application will become To Date.