+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

zfe4912

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,

I received my invitation to apply today. Now that I am preparing and filling up the forms, the issue is: While filling interest to sponsor form, by mistake I included my parents when counting the family unit. Since I am single with no dependents, my answer should be 1 but I said 3.

How can I fix this problem? What explanation I can give and what proof should I give in detail about this? I am very nervous about this mistake that I made.
I made same mistake, I think it shouldn't be big deal, just write a letter to explain. I found lots of people made same mistake.

JaihLee416

Star Member
Nov 15, 2017
I am copying the guidline and pasting below:

Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008)
Who must fill out this application form?
This form must be completed by:

• You, the principal applicant.

To answer your question - ONE IMM 0008 only because there's only One Principal applicant - its either your mom OR your dad. The other spouse will be his/her dependent.
Thank you so much!

Daisy2018

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
hi guys, i will have my birth certificate translated and notarized soon in Canada, my question: should i also get an affidavit? or is that only required if it's not translated / notarized in Canada?
I think i saw somewhere saying if its certified in Canada, no affidavit is needed?
Anyone can confirm for me?

aman gill

Star Member
Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 6 2013
AOR Received.
May 14 2013
Med's Done....
May 2 2013
Passport Req..
Aip - 28 jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Dm- 25march 2014
LANDED..........
23 April 2014
Don't you think people should have asked these questions to clarify BEFORE they clicked and declared that they met income requirements and submitted EOIs?
Thats right i dont know what is problem with people in simple English they 3 years income as income proof they only accept noa and option c form. 1 spot wasted right there for deserving candidates

Reactions: YVR123 and nayr69sg

PriyaB

Oct 16, 2012
Got the email yesterday :)

Question: Will EI Maternity Income will be included in LICO?

As per cic website: (FORM IMM 5482) - IT SHOULD but i called cic and the rep said it's not, Can anyone give more clarity?

Ref:
12.B: Enter all of the following payments that were included in the amount at line 150 of your Notice of Assessment, add them up and print the total:

• Provincial instruction or training allowance;
  • Social assistance paid by a province;
  • Guaranteed income supplement paid under the Old Age Security Act; and
  • Employment insurance: maternity, parental and sickness benefits paid under the Employment Insurance Act are considered income. Other payments such as employment insurance and federal training allowances are not considered as income.
12.C: Deduct the total entered at 12.B (line 6) from the amount at 12.A (line 1). The result 12.C is your total income as per this method of calculation.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5482-instruction-fill-financial-evaluation-form-1283.html

certus881

Star Member
Nov 1, 2016
Thats right i dont know what is problem with people in simple English they 3 years income as income proof they only accept noa and option c form. 1 spot wasted right there for deserving candidates
26000 plus invites; I wonder how many will actually qualify and apply. The last two years was 40% no shows after invitation. I personally know a co-worker that got invited this year and didn't meet the income requirement..co signed for in-laws in the past and didn't make enough last year to get his own parents over.

kunalap

Star Member
Jul 30, 2009
like i said earlier, i am co-signing my wife's app for her parents while she is co-signing my app for my parents.

in financial evaluation form imm5768e, points 3/4/5 are trickiest according to me.
the question i am asking is - what is an undertaking? and what is an undertaking still in effect?

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
Hi Everyone,

I received my invitation to apply today. Now that I am preparing and filling up the forms, the issue is: While filling interest to sponsor form, by mistake I included my parents when counting the family unit. Since I am single with no dependents, my answer should be 1 but I said 3.

How can I fix this problem? What explanation I can give and what proof should I give in detail about this? I am very nervous about this mistake that I made.
I made the same mistake. Haven't figured out yet.

JaihLee416

Star Member
Nov 15, 2017
I am sponsoring my mom and dad. My husband is co-signing. On the Generic Application form should it be 4 for the question below? or 2 (my dad and mom)

How many family members, including you, are in this application

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I am sponsoring my mom and dad. My husband is co-signing. On the Generic Application form should it be 4 for the question below? or 2 (my dad and mom)

How many family members, including you, are in this application
Load and read the guide. It has instruction for each form and for most of the questions.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html#completeApplication

I am copying and pasting from the guide and at section for
Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) Question 3

Question 3

Enter the total number of family members included in your application. This includes yourself and any family members, regardless of whether they intend to accompany you to Canada or not.

For refugee claimants in Canada only: Enter the total number of family members included in your application for refugee protection who are with you in Canada.

Family members
An applicant’s closest relatives, in the context of an application to IRCC. It is defined as a spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children

SO for your case, family size is 2 to be filled for Question 3 in IMM 0008.

vivek_vig

May 27, 2013
Hello
I just got invitation to apply for apply for parent PR application for my mom. I dont have father. I will submit PR application in 1 month.
My mom have visitor visa she came 2 times in Canada in last 3 years. Now I want her to stay with us for longer time. As I said I will submit her pr application in 1 month.but this time I want her to have super visa so she can stay for longer period. Should I apply for super Visa 1st then submit pr application or PR application 1st then super Visa application. She has to ticket to come to Canada in August 2019.
Let her come on visitor visa and then file extension in 5th month. Extension can be filed online and cost only 100$. Normally you get extension for 1 year.

diegosolano

Jul 24, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
I made the same mistake. Haven't figured out yet.
Just write an explanatory letter stating your honest mistake and explaining why you wrote that number on the EOI: because the website said it, if you can try to find in one of their old tweets if someone ever asked this question and what answer they gave that’s also proof for the confusion