+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I don’t think you checked my question.

I am not using EI to meet the financial income to sponsor parents.

I am keep the income requirements without a co-signer and I have never used EI or any other benefit from government.

However I sponsored my spouse in the past, who has been in Canada for just over 2 years. So, I am still under spousal sponsorship financial obligation.

Further to this, my partner just got laid off work this month and has applied for EI last week.

My question/concern is, will any of this affect my application to sponsor my parents?
No I misunderstood thought you were asking if it was included or subtracted in line 150.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
EI is taxable, you get 55% of previous year income as EI if you have not been working the whole year (max of $562 per week = approx $29K a year).
You pay tax on this income, its your minimum income in case you remain on EI whole year.
For PGP CIC is looking to see you yearly employment income to see if you can support your parents. Depending on your job situation, how long you have been unemployed and how you left the job you may not always qualify for EI.

M.Elena

Apr 25, 2019
Hi everyone,
Would you please advise which option should I choose for if you are found ineligible to sponsor?
Thank you and wish you all the best of luck through the process.

Andy_s

Oct 24, 2014
Anybody here who submitted at 12:08 and received the email invitation already?

@YULIA-2016 please add me:

App Submitted 12:08
Confirmation received 12:49
No invitation yet

thank you :)

Carr

Apr 25, 2019
Hi guys,
Do we need pics for both parents or just principal applicant??,
Pls help
Also if parents have no marriage certificate what else we can use.
Please advise.

Jkalan

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
It will be if you can't make enough for this year (after you find a job or not) and if they request you to proof your current income.
My husband will be co-signer and he already makes enough. But i will be working soon thou.

sujwal

Jan 24, 2013
Hello, quick question. If my father-in-law already did his Medical for supervisa application last month, can this be used towards his PR application if still valid?

Thanks
You dont need to include Medical Reports before hand. Wait until they request.