+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

ayaan2019

Feb 15, 2019
I don't think Employment Insurance is same as Social Assistance
If you are meeting income requirements for you, your spouse and your parent(s) on your own income, you are good to go. Your wife's lay off wouldn't affect your application.
yes its is EI gets deducted from income other than anything paid under special benefits acts like pregnancy or cargiver

Reactions: canuck78

huzcan

May 6, 2013
Posting Again

Hey guys does who dint receive email i saw some strange reply in CIC. Please check reply below from CIC.

ndle

IRCC‏Verified account @CitImmCanada
Replying to
Hi. If you've confirmed that you were invited, you don't need the email. The tool will show the deadline for when you have to apply. You can follow the instructions on the website to apply: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents/apply.html … Hope this helps!

11:36 AM - 25 Apr 2019

Can you send the exact url of the tweet? This takes us to the home page of ircc Twitter handle

ayaan2019

Feb 15, 2019
Thanks for responding, I verified that applying for EI doesn’t make me a default of my spousal sponsorship obligation.
yes you are in default check with someone . plz if a person you sponsored whose still dependent upon you goes to government and gets EI you have to pay that money back before you are even eligible to sponser someone else or else you are in default and your application is returned

member1793562

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
Hi guys, I m very confused, so there is so much contradicting information here.
Are we all going to receive invitations?

I saw someone here who received the confirmation email with the timeline 1-56 est on Jan 28. That is 20k-27k range

Do not know what to do, so tired

Let's wait for one more day and see what happens. I think everyone will get it by tomorrow.

They set submission deadline to June 28 and started sending email from April 24. That's 2 months + 4 days. They more likely estimated it will take them 3 days to send all these emails. it makes sense. Someone or a team is manually sending all these emails and checking off in their excel sheet. That's going to take time :)

Reactions: nayr69sg

thegreatest

Star Member
Jul 18, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Team,

Got a quick question for you guys regarding Family Sponsorship.
  1. I received the invitation yesterday (I forgot about it), but happy to have it.
  2. For the Proof of Income, I have the following for the last 3 years:
  • 2018 - About $55K
  • 2017 - About $14K (I only worked 4 months as my WP expired and I awaited my PR for 8 months).
  • 2016 - About $42K
  • For 2019, I am expecting to make between $70-$80K
Am I still okay to apply or should I forget about it until next year as I don't meet the 2017's minimum? Please advise.

Thanks for your time!

amyxixi

Jan 19, 2017
I received an invitation today afternoon. For your information, I received the confirmation email on Jan 28 at 1:48pm.

sourav987

Star Member
Sep 28, 2010
Team,

1. I received the invitation yesterday (I forgot about it), but happy to have it.
  • 2018 - About $55K
  • 2017 - About $14K (I only worked 4 months as my WP expired and I awaited my PR for 8 months).
  • 2016 - About $42K
Am I still okay to apply or should I forget about it until next year as I don't meet the 2017's minimum? Please advise.

Thanks for your time!

Sorry, you are not eligible bcoz of 2017, :(

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Team,

• 2018 - About $55K
  • 2016 - About $42K

Thanks for your time!
Why did you apply? You don’t qualify.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Guys,

I am in a very weird situation and hoping to get some clarification here.

I am sponsoring my parents in 2019 program, I qualify to support our family size without a co-signer.

However I sponsored my spouse in the past, who has been in Canada for just over 2 years. So, I am still under spousal sponsorship financial obligation.

Further to this, my partner just got laid off work this month and has applied for EI last week.

My question/concern is, will any of this affect my application to sponsor my parents?

Any help is much appreciated!!
EI doesn’t count when counting your 2019 income. All depends on whether you are asked to that you maintained your income level for 2019.

thegreatest

Star Member
Jul 18, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why did you apply? You don’t qualify.
Thanks. I totally missed that 2017 part :( and I applied because it was open to everyone. Right? I took my chances by applying it and they proved to be solid for me, and even if I apply I am risking it so since when not taking risks in life has become the coolest thing?

I feel bad I can't proceed anymore so FML :(