+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

CHINNI@1

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
People usually fill everything out and send PDF to their parents, parents will print them, sign them and send it to us through courier. Then we shall sign and send them to CPC Ottawa.
If the parents can't take print outs, you need to use courier two way. If any of your friends travelling, that would help.
For both my parents do I have to fill out the principal applicant forms twice ?

Tropics

Star Member
Dec 3, 2016
They are visitor to Canada. Country of residence is still the country they are permanent resident.
I am confused on this because there is a drop down menu with this question to indicate your status in the country, and visitor is on the list, so I thought it would make sense to put Canada, and then status as Visitor?

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
Online confirmation only means that you are in the game!! Does not guarantee you an email in 1st round!! Hopefully in next round or next year if dont received this time! !
I think IRCC will send email to all 27K who submitted and got the confirmation number. Now, after June 28, IRCC will know how many of those applications are INCOMPLETED and would get RETURNED/REJECTED, and the remaining is expected to be 20K.
What interesting to know is, what if out of 27K, there are MORE THAN than 20K applications completed/eligible, what then would IRCC do?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
For both my parents do I have to fill out the principal applicant forms twice ?
If they are divorced, yes. It's 2 different applications.
If they are still married, then one of them is the principle applicant and the other is a dependent.

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
Question:

I want to sponsor my 2 parents, however there is a form for principal applicant (which i suppose is for one of my 2 parents), but where do i add the other one ? where can i say that i want to apply for my 2 parents ?

Daisy2018

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
I am confused on this because there is a drop down menu with this question to indicate your status in the country, and visitor is on the list, so I thought it would make sense to put Canada, and then status as Visitor?
this is what i put as well, Canada, Visitor, I think this must be correct, i mean if 2 years isnt enough to say you live here then what can?

huzcan

May 6, 2013
I think IRCC will send email to all 27K who submitted and got the confirmation number. Now, after June 28, IRCC will know how many of those applications are INCOMPLETED and would get RETURNED/REJECTED, and the remaining is expected to be 20K.
What interesting to know is, what if out of 27K, there are MORE THAN than 20K applications completed/eligible, what then would IRCC do?
It would be so unfair to get invited and not get processed if you hang around between 20k -27k

mkundu

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
and what did you select in the form 1344 question 1
HI I am in same situation. My parents have lastnames in my passport but not in theirs. and my father name is mispelled. renewing any of the doc will take forever. can anyone suggest what to do.

sailor73

Apr 25, 2019
What do you think IRCC has been doing for the past 3 months? The 27,000 are already screened and they know they will have less than 20,000 eligible

Reactions: gcodtao