+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
Hi All, I do not know this question is for this forum or not but I am planning to apply for my parents PR in early 2020 ( hopefully after filing tax in march 2020).

here is my information
*) we are 4 my wife, me and my 2 sons

My parents have received multiple visitor visa and they are in Canada and visa will expire in 2023.

questions:

*)what i heard if my salary for last 3 years is greater than $66k then i can apply after 3 years for their PR.
So if my salary since 2017 is greater than $66k then I can apply for their PR in 2020, this is not as same as lottery visa
*)Should i apply for my parents PR while they are in Canada or they should go to back home ?
*)any suggestion when i should apply for my parents PR ?
*)any suggestion what should i do for applying my parents PR ?

Can any one please guide me for my above mentioned questions please

Thank you.
Sounds like you have a family of 6, not 4: you, wife, kid 1, kid 2, parent 1, parent 2. In that case u need $77k, not $66k - assuming the program re-opens next year and there is no change in it.
Take a look at the MNI table - https://www.canadavisa.com/necessary-income-levels-for-family-sponsorship.html#gs.5zhubj

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All, I do not know this question is for this forum or not but I am planning to apply for my parents PR in early 2020 ( hopefully after filing tax in march 2020).

here is my information
*) we are 4 my wife, me and my 2 sons

My parents have received multiple visitor visa and they are in Canada and visa will expire in 2023.

questions:

*)what i heard if my salary for last 3 years is greater than $66k then i can apply after 3 years for their PR.
So if my salary since 2017 is greater than $66k then I can apply for their PR in 2020, this is not as same as lottery visa
*)Should i apply for my parents PR while they are in Canada or they should go to back home ?
*)any suggestion when i should apply for my parents PR ?
*)any suggestion what should i do for applying my parents PR ?

Can any one please guide me for my above mentioned questions please

Thank you.
There is no information about PGP2020 so nobody can realistically comment. Given the elections and complaints about the process this year there could be significant changes.

Reactions: danny_scars

Verba

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Hi guys,

I feel this matter was addressed in the other thread which was deleted later on.

If our family grows with one kid while the sponsorship is already in process - does it put us to the new (larger) income requirement even prior to the family growth? Or the income is altered only for that year when the kid was in fact born? I mean does every yearly income out of three years is adjusted separately due to the family members, or, they count by the largest number of the family members and apply it to all three years ?

Thank you

sy3211

Jun 14, 2016
Sending invitations are getting more delayed. I assumed it will send at least at the begging of April but it seems like CIC might delay couple of months more?
Hope they send the invitations asap....

yuliangyang

Apr 15, 2019
Hi guys,

For those who submitted the sponsorship form to sponsor more than one family (divorced parents, parents and grand parents, etc.), how many Confirmation number do you receive?

21singh

Jun 12, 2017
TORONTO
Category........
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-2018
LANDED..........
27-06-2018
Hi everyone,
I am in unusual situation, not sure if someone can help me out.
My father has applied for Parent's Super Visa (Online) from New Delhi on April 13, 2019 for himself and my mother.
My mother has received the Submission Confirmation and Biometric Instruction Letter on April 15, 2019.
However my father has not received Submission Confirmation and BIL both till yet. He has got Application Number though updated in CIC account.
I assume Submission Confirmation is expected once you submit your application.
Is this normal that Submission Confirmation is delayed?
If not, then whom to contact?
Any views on this situation?

lundir8

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
Hi everyone,
I am in unusual situation, not sure if someone can help me out.
My father has applied for Parent's Super Visa (Online) from New Delhi on April 13, 2019 for himself and my mother.
My mother has received the Submission Confirmation and Biometric Instruction Letter on April 15, 2019.
However my father has not received Submission Confirmation and BIL both till yet. He has got Application Number though updated in CIC account.
I assume Submission Confirmation is expected once you submit your application.
Is this normal that Submission Confirmation is delayed?
If not, then whom to contact?
Applied April 2019? Just this month? Right? You gotta wait bud.

21singh

Jun 12, 2017
TORONTO
Category........
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-2018
LANDED..........
27-06-2018
Applied April 2019? Just this month? Right? You gotta wait bud.
Yes, applied in April 2019 only.
I am concerned about not receiving the Submission Confirmation.
Did anyone faced same situation?

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
Hi guys,

I feel this matter was addressed in the other thread which was deleted later on.

If our family grows with one kid while the sponsorship is already in process - does it put us to the new (larger) income requirement even prior to the family growth? Or the income is altered only for that year when the kid was in fact born? I mean does every yearly income out of three years is adjusted separately due to the family members, or, they count by the largest number of the family members and apply it to all three years ?

Thank you
My understanding is that if the new kid is born after the paperwork is sent, he/she will count on the year he/she was born only and you'd have to have enough income then. I am on a similar situation: currently on a family of 3 (husband, mother (divorced) and myself) but I am pregnant. So when I filled out my interest form I counted a family of 3 for 2016/17/18 and am aware that will need to have enough money for a family of 4 in 2019.
If I got this wrong, someone should speak up, please! :)

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
There is no information about PGP2020 so nobody can realistically comment. Given the elections and complaints about the process this year there could be significant changes.
That's true.. I am seriously scared that they will scrap this program altogether :(

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think it will be the beginning or middle of May when letters are going out.

May and June work better for me as it allows time to gather all supporting documents, plus my parents will be in Vancouver to sign the application.

As long as the program is not canceled.

Torontoguy79

Apr 17, 2019
Hi guys.

I received an email from the Mississauga processing center informing me that my parents’ apps have been forwarded to the visa office in Ottawa. Then another email from the Mississauga processing center arrived telling me that my parents need to get their medicals done within 30 days.

I have 3 questions now:

(1) If my parents can’t get their medicals done within 30 days, who should inform IRCC of the delay, me or my parents?

(2) In our case, which office should we inform of the delay, the Mississauga processing center or the visa office in Ottawa?

(3) Should we email the office directly or submit a request through the IRCC webform site?

Thanks!

huzcan

May 6, 2013
Hi guys.

I received an email from the Mississauga processing center informing me that my parents’ apps have been forwarded to the visa office in Ottawa. Then another email from the Mississauga processing center arrived telling me that my parents need to get their medicals done within 30 days.

I have 3 questions now:

(1) If my parents can’t get their medicals done within 30 days, who should inform IRCC of the delay, me or my parents?

(2) In our case, which office should we inform of the delay, the Mississauga processing center or the visa office in Ottawa?

(3) Should we email the office directly or submit a request through the IRCC webform site?

Thanks!
What application is this and when was it applied?