+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

yuliangyang

Apr 15, 2019
Hi Guys,

Could you please help me on this matter. My parents are divorced but leave together. I want sponsor both of them. Should I submit any prove they are live together or, because I indicated I'm sponsoring both of them - it does not really matter? Both their names are indicated in my birth certificate, if it is crucial.

Thanks.
I am curious to the answer as well.

I have a similar question.
Submitted interest form on Jan which include both of my parents (married). However, I feel my mom may not be able to pass the medical exam.
So I wonder if my parents could get divorced so that I can sponsor them separately and hopefully I could at least bring my dad to Canada?

Any comments would be appreciated!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Submitted interest form on Jan which include both of my parents (married). However, I feel my mom may not be able to pass the medical exam.
So I wonder if my parents could get divorced so that I can sponsor them separately and hopefully I could at least bring my dad to Canada?

Unfortunately a divorce right before sponsorship raises red flags. You also filled in your EOI indicating 2 people. Who would care for your mother if he moved to Canada? This is the exact reason why you must apply for both parents.

lundir8

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019

Red flags.
These kind of applications either gets refused or it takes forever to get the final say from Immigration. Dont loose hope. Keep trying and provide the documents, they ask for.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hi Guys,

Could you please help me on this matter. My parents are divorced but leave together. I want sponsor both of them. Should I submit any prove they are live together or, because I indicated I'm sponsoring both of them - it does not really matter? Both their names are indicated in my birth certificate, if it is crucial.

Thanks.
they should provide marriage certificate or common-law form

yuliangyang

Apr 15, 2019
Unfortunately a divorce right before sponsorship raises red flags. You also filled in your EOI indicating 2 people. Who would care for your mother if he moved to Canada? This is the exact reason why you must apply for both parents.
Thanks for your replay but I could't agree with you.

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
Depending on when the applications are sent out you may want to count your baby versus updating information in 1-2 months. Will you meet LICO while you are on maternity leave? Something you need to consider when opting not to have a co-signer.
Yeah.. I wish it was me opting out on having a co-signer. It was my husband's decision - which really sucks as he is Canadian (born and raised) and would never need to depend on me to stay here but what can I do..

I know this is not the way to go around it but I am just hoping that ends meet - it is all I can do at this point.. I have made enough for a family of 4 in 2018 (barely) so I will just keep my fingers crossed that it will work out for next year too, maybe get a side job while I am on mat leave or something..

Please don't hate on me! I am a single kid with a mother that has no family left back home: I am doing EVERYTHING I can to bring her here so she won't age/die alone back home.

Last edited:

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
ok.. went through the guide again and got the answers for the IMM5409 and IMM0008dep - thank you so much!

Now for the IMM5406
Additional Family Information (IMM 5406)
This form must be completed by:
  • You, as the principal applicant,
  • Your spouse or common-law partner (whether accompanying you to Canada or not), and
  • Your dependent children aged 18 or over (whether accompanying you to Canada or not).
Is the husband who is not co-signing on this app filling one of these out, yes or no? This is probably obvious but I'd appreciate some guidance :)

Last edited:

zain92

Nov 27, 2012
Hi All, I do not know this question is for this forum or not but I am planning to apply for my parents PR in early 2020 ( hopefully after filing tax in march 2020).

here is my information
*) we are 4 my wife, me and my 2 sons

My parents have received multiple visitor visa and they are in Canada and visa will expire in 2023.

questions:

*)what i heard if my salary for last 3 years is greater than $66k then i can apply after 3 years for their PR.
So if my salary since 2017 is greater than $66k then I can apply for their PR in 2020, this is not as same as lottery visa
*)Should i apply for my parents PR while they are in Canada or they should go to back home ?
*)any suggestion when i should apply for my parents PR ?
*)any suggestion what should i do for applying my parents PR ?

Can any one please guide me for my above mentioned questions please

Thank you.

Last edited:

DHRC2011

Apr 16, 2019
ok.. went through the guide again and got the answers for the IMM5409 and IMM0008dep - thank you so much!

Now for the IMM5406
Additional Family Information (IMM 5406)
This form must be completed by:
  • You, as the principal applicant,
  • Your spouse or common-law partner (whether accompanying you to Canada or not), and
  • Your dependent children aged 18 or over (whether accompanying you to Canada or not).
Is the husband who is not co-signing on this app filling one of these out, yes or no? This is probably obvious but I'd appreciate some guidance :)

@canuck78 you helped me with a related question a couple years back and you were so insightful.. your input is also appreciated!!
The Sponsor/Co-signer is not required to fill out the Additional Family Information form - this form is for the Applicant i.e. the person(s) that the Sponsor/Co-signer is sponsoring.

smjafri

Star Member
Nov 3, 2008
Hi All, I do not know this question is for this forum or not but I am planning to apply for my parents PR in early 2020 ( hopefully after filing tax in march 2020).

here is my information
*) we are 4 my wife, me and my 2 sons

My parents have received multiple visitor visa and they are in Canada and visa will expire in 2023.

questions:

*)what i heard if my salary for last 3 years is greater than $66k then i can apply after 3 years for their PR.
So if my salary since 2017 is greater than $66k then I can apply for their PR in 2020, this is not as same as lottery visa
*)Should i apply for my parents PR while they are in Canada or they should go to back home ?
*)any suggestion when i should apply for my parents PR ?
*)any suggestion what should i do for applying my parents PR ?

Can any one please guide me for my above mentioned questions please

Thank you.
All your questions can be answered at the following link in details. 1st go through it and then you can post a question for clarification.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents.html

21singh

Jun 12, 2017
TORONTO
Category........
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-2018
LANDED..........
27-06-2018
Hi everyone,
I am in unusual situation, not sure if someone can help me out.
My father has applied for Parent's Super Visa (Online) from New Delhi on April 13, 2019 for himself and my mother.
My mother has received the Submission Confirmation and Biometric Instruction Letter on April 15, 2019.
However my father has not received Submission Confirmation and BIL both till yet. He has got Application Number though updated in CIC account.
I assume Submission Confirmation is expected once you submit your application.
Is this normal that Submission Confirmation is delayed?
If not, then whom to contact?