+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Niharika_11

Mar 19, 2019
Thankyou @Garry2008 , @canuck78 and @YULIA-2016 for the reply.
Sorry, i should have provided more information. My dad just had surgery done for coronary artery stent placement. He is completely fine now.
Doctors have advised him to give up oily foods. Everything else is normal.
Thanks again for the reply guys.

Reactions: YULIA-2016

usr19

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
I received my email confirmation at 2.20. It means I am not in the 20.000 but in the last 7000. Does this mean I have very little chance? I want to believe all 27000 submitted entries will be sent invitations, at least we squeezed in.
Please provide the estimated submission time in addition to your confirmation email. It would also help if it's in the same format as in the tracking sheet.

Depending on how many are disqualified before the invitations go out, you may or may not be in the first round. I think there's a good chance for a second round, but again, that's just guesses.

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thankyou @Garry2008 , @canuck78 and @YULIA-2016 for the reply.
Sorry, i should have provided more information. My dad just had surgery done for coronary artery stent placement. He is completely fine now.
Doctors have advised him to give up oily foods. Everything else is normal.
Thanks again for the reply guys.
There should not be any problem for immigration if his medical condition is stable now.

Reactions: Niharika_11

MAbdelRazik

Apr 9, 2019
Anyone sponsored their parents through the lottery? I got mine started last year. Application received by CIC August 30, 2018. They already checked my requirements and approved me as a sponsor. Now it's April and they asked my parents for medical and fingerprints.

Any idea how long it takes from there for my parents to be permanent residences?

colourfulcanada

Star Member
Oct 7, 2015
Swift Current
Visa Office......
Don't Know
NOC Code......
Waiting
App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Waiting
Nomination.....
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
IELTS Request
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Can anyone please add me in the spreadsheet, I submitted 12:04 and received confirmation at 12:28.

Thanks in advance.

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
I know we are not supposed to be filling out stuff before invitations go out, I am just trying to stay ahead of the game.. Can someone take my hand for 2 minutes and let me know if this is correct? :D

For IMM5768:
*To count family members:
I wrote "1" on # 3a. for my mother (person being sponsored, divorced and no other kids),
I then wrote "1" on #5 for my spouse - got married in Aug 2018,
I am pregnant but baby is not due until June so I am leaving #6 with "0".
-I should clarify that my mom is divorced and I am an only kid.

*I then typed N/A for all boxes on page 2, with the exception of #11, where I put my husband's info as he is not co-signing this application

*This is what #14 looks like:
https://ibb.co/StZ5hYL
(sorry I couldn't figure out how to post the actual picture)

*On question 15, I typed this on the box: "THERE IS NO CO-SIGNER ON THIS APPLICATION"

* Questions 16 and 17 were left blank.

*for IMM 0008 (02-2019) E - GENERIC APPLICATION FORM FOR CANADA, do I put my info on personal details, and then add my mom and husband as dependents?!

*for IMM 0008depenu, is that my info and my mom as my dependent?! Q 10 doesn't have "parent" as an answer. Maybe my mom's info.. but the I am not her dependent... #confused
I read the Guide 5772 that says the person being sponsored is supposed to fill out the IMM 0008 forms but she doesn't have dependents... I am so confused.

*My husband is not co-signing this applicantion. This mens I don't fill out an IMM5409, right? Or do I still fill it out to prove I am married?!

*Same for IMM5406.. do I still have to get my husband to fill out one of these, even though he is not co-signing this application?
I should also mention he is a Canadian citizen so.. won't be sponsoring his parents/children anyway.

Dumb questions yes, but... I appreciate ur help :)

Last edited: