+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
So, if someone checked the boxes but they or their parents have given names/last names, how they ate going to provide yhe Exact information on the Application Form as IRCC said. Hence, they will not be condidered eligible.
as i already mention in Interest of sponsor form there is # of sponsored person , Family Name / year or birth must be filled. they have those information.

IRCC advise not to submit duplicate:

If you successfully submitted the interest to sponsor form
After you successfully submitted the interest to sponsor form, you saw a page with your confirmation number. Keep this number for your records. You can use it later to check if you have been invited to apply.

We’ve also sent you an email to confirm that we’ve received your form.

You can’t modify the interest to sponsor form after you’ve submitted it. If you made a mistake on your interest to sponsor form, find out how to correct a mistake or update your information.

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Hi everyone,

Just a question for form 5406 (Additional Family Info).
6 years ago when my dad applied for visitor visa, we had to fill up all his siblings info.
And I kept a copy of that for future references because it hard to remember all those birth dates.

What i noticed my uncle has DOB 05.02.1952
and my dad 05.10.1952 (which makes just 8 months difference)
These are the dates they had on their documents (I believe their birth certificates were made later so the dates were assumed)

Is it ok to fill the form like that? Last time with visitor visa we filled it this way and didnt notice that (however that visa was refuses due to other reasons)

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Hi everyone,

Just a question for form 5406 (Additional Family Info).
6 years ago when my dad applied for visitor visa, we had to fill up all his siblings info.
And I kept a copy of that for future references because it hard to remember all those birth dates.

What i noticed my uncle has DOB 05.02.1952
and my dad 05.10.1952 (which makes just 8 months difference)
These are the dates they had on their documents (I believe their birth certificates were made later so the dates were assumed)

Is it ok to fill the form like that? Last time with visitor visa we filled it this way and didnt notice that (however that visa was refuses due to other reasons)
Yes it is ok since it is on their birth certificates. Stick to what has already been documented then explain later. Easier that way than to falsify some dates and then explain why you had to deviate from what is documented.

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Yes it is ok since it is on their birth certificates. Stick to what has already been documented then explain later. Easier that way than to falsify some dates and then explain why you had to deviate from what is documented.
Thank you for your reply.
Just noticed in my mom’s case, her sister and brother’s dob is 7 months apart :eek:
Sounds funny man!
But I don’t know if this is going to create some problem for me?
As you said I’ll stick to the previous documented dates.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Thank you for your reply.
Just noticed in my mom’s case, her sister and brother’s dob is 7 months apart :eek:
Sounds funny man!
But I don’t know if this is going to create some problem for me?
As you said I’ll stick to the previous documented dates.
Just stick to the documented dates.

I doubt officials go calculating the months between birthdates. They usually would just check if it tallies with the one on the birth certificate or ID document. If it tallies ok.

If someone actually did bother to count and then queries, well just say, yeah it is weird I know but it is on the document.

Reactions: calgary17

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They will start sending ITA in few week as soon as they remove duplicate and update 2019 application form.
There is no official timeline given by CIC and no one knows how much works efforts they are doing to process duplicates. So it can take more than few weeks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nishiminami

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Whats your guess for the duplicates? 10%, 20%, 38% ?
Probably less duplicates this time unless someone else is doing on their behalf at same time. Because the process did not take more than 9 minutes to close. And this time it is not lottery system either so more submission don't make any sense either. But exact % i think hard to guess, my assumption is 10% or less. But keep in mind CIC want to receive 20K completed applications. So few people who don't meet criteria but submitted the intent to sponsor may not be eligible. Such as LICO for sponsorship.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nishiminami