+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
That's what I though. So it hasn't changed.
Yes it appears nothing changed....

I did notice a "DO NOT FORWARD" on the envelope which means if your address changes and you have a forwarding address, Canada Post cannot and will not forward it, it must be returned to sender (IRCC) and the sender has to re sending to the new address. Looks like IRCC is indirectly forcing you to update your address with them.

bshailesh3

Sep 28, 2013
Hi,

My father have been convicted 3 years ago for an Infringement of a property (the conviction was just to pay a small amount of money), should he answer yes or no for the following question:

Have you ever been convicted of, or are you currently charged with, on trial, or party to a crime or offence, or subject of any criminal proceedings in any country ?

What had happened with your father application, did you put yes in that and what explanation you provided?

wizardofwest90210

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
Hello everyone. Does anyone know about this:

When we applied for the interest to sponsor form back in 2020, we had put the father or the mother as the principal applicant for the grandparents, parents application. We do not recall whether we used the mother or the father as the main applicant. Does that matter or will the application get rejected if we pick the other as the main principal applicant. They are ofcourse married, and we cannot locate the initial application form we put in. The invite to apply letter does not state which parent/grandparent was the principal applicant. Thanks!

OR@YT

Star Member
Jun 11, 2021
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
Hello I just want know that virtual landing option is still available for parents on visit visa status as I am thinking to call them to visit me and all my medical police report everything done just waiting to ppr

Reactions: Siva1917

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022

When we applied for the interest to sponsor form back in 2020, we had put the father or the mother as the principal applicant for the grandparents, parents application. We do not recall whether we used the mother or the father as the main applicant. Does that matter or will the application get rejected if we pick the other as the main principal applicant. They are ofcourse married, and we cannot locate the initial application form we put in. The invite to apply letter does not state which parent/grandparent was the principal applicant. Thanks!
I suggest making a best guess and supportting that with an explanation letter.

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
Hello I just want know that virtual landing option is still available for parents on visit visa status as I am thinking to call them to visit me and all my medical police report everything done just waiting to ppr
As at today it is an option. Now, whether or not that option will still be available when you need it is a different question and that I don't know.

shayshay

Aug 8, 2019
Need some guidance from anyone who has gone through the process. So I received PPR from IRCC which is great. In the letter it mentions that all passports and photographs should be packaged in one single package. However, VFS is requesting 2 separate packages one for principal applicant and one for co-applicant. There are 2 separate AWB numbers generated. Anyone been through this before?

thanks in advance

OR@YT

Star Member
Jun 11, 2021
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
Need some guidance from anyone who has gone through the process. So I received PPR from IRCC which is great. In the letter it mentions that all passports and photographs should be packaged in one single package. However, VFS is requesting 2 separate packages one for principal applicant and one for co-applicant. There are 2 separate AWB numbers generated. Anyone been through this before?

thanks in advance
It’s not relevant to ur post but can u please tell ….Have u contacted IRCC or u just received ur passport request because I am also waiting for so long just need to know if I can do anything to expedite my case

shayshay

Aug 8, 2019
It’s not relevant to ur post but can u please tell ….Have u contacted IRCC or u just received ur passport request because I am also waiting for so long just need to know if I can do anything to expedite my case
I’d contacted local MPP and their office did write to the ministry. Hard to tell, but that maybe the reason file has been moving so fast over the least 5-6 weeks. There was a CR # mentioned in our information letter which we were told to include in all the correspondences to speed up the process. I hope your file moves asap! 3.5 yrs is frustrating

OR@YT

Star Member
Jun 11, 2021
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
I’d contacted local MPP and their office did write to the ministry. Hard to tell, but that maybe the reason file has been moving so fast over the least 5-6 weeks. There was a CR # mentioned in our information letter which we were told to include in all the correspondences to speed up the process. I hope your file moves asap! 3.5 yrs is frustrating
Thanks for ur reply how I can contact the ministry?as I wrote multiple email to MP

shayshay

Aug 8, 2019
Not sure about that. However, with the MP, I booked an in-person merging rather than sending emails. Always find that more effective. Good luck!

Reactions: OR@YT

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016

When IRCC send AOR and sponsorship approval, they will mention the name of the principal applicant.
Not keeping the copies of IMM0008 and IMM1344 means that you are not serious about the application.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016

thanks in advance
I have observed in this thread that most of applicants have prepared and sent passports in separate packages.
For NewDelhi visa office, please see following for the guideline to submit passports:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/two-way-courier-services-vfs-new-delhi-india.713205/

shayshay

Aug 8, 2019
I have observed in this thread that most of applicants have prepared and sent passports in separate packages.
For NewDelhi visa office, please see following for the guideline to submit passports:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/two-way-courier-services-vfs-new-delhi-india.713205/
Thank you, yes it does seem like the instructions from IRCC are in contradiction to what VFS is advising, but we will be submitting 2 separate packages