+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

hogujak

Dec 18, 2015
They can leave the country. As long as they keep meeting their RO, then you can bring them their renewed PR cards when they arrive in the mail.

In some cases applicants are required to go and pickup their cards if IRCC wants to make sure they continue to meet their RO. In that case, they will need to return to Canada to pickup their card(s).
Sounds good thank you for your reply

gg08

Star Member
Mar 22, 2012
@gg08 how's your situation going? Any update?
Few updates:
1. No response to the webform yet.
2. Followed up here with my local MP's office who have taken all the details and are going to follow up with the immigration people asking the revoke reason and the overall status.
3. Received 2nd medical request 3 days back for both of my parents (their 1st medicals expired on Nov 18) who have gone ahead and completed the medicals yesterday.

Looks like we are back in the loop of getting medicals done, update and waiting for another PPR request. I am hoping if MP's office could help us expedite the PPR request after 2nd medicals are reflected in the system. Have no idea if that's possible.

shayshay

Aug 8, 2019
I have an update from my post from about 2 years ago where my dad was assessed M5 and hence inadmissible. We retained a lawyer, filed a response with his detailed medical history and doctor's notes and on Nov 1, we got an intimation from IRCC that he has been reassessed as M3!! yayy!! Since then, my mom had to re-submit her medicals and we cleared the medical stage within days. New PCC was submitted too and 2 days ago I got the "ghost update" i.e Application/Profile updated but nothing on myCIC changed. Does anyone know what timeline I should expect from here for PPR and CoPR?

Can't believe it's been over 3 years since application was submitted and I am about to see a positive end to this. Fingers crossed! God is great!

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Curious if anyone knows what are the government benefits and services our parents can/can't use after getting their PR.
If there's a list in internet please share.
For example, can they use legal aid? Or provencial drug benefits?
As PRs, they can use most of provincial benefits except social assistance. Not sure about legal aids but you can ask the organization providing it.

Reactions: Zahra NZ

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
I have an update from my post from about 2 years ago where my dad was assessed M5 and hence inadmissible. We retained a lawyer, filed a response with his detailed medical history and doctor's notes and on Nov 1, we got an intimation from IRCC that he has been reassessed as M3!! yayy!! Since then, my mom had to re-submit her medicals and we cleared the medical stage within days. New PCC was submitted too and 2 days ago I got the "ghost update" i.e Application/Profile updated but nothing on myCIC changed. Does anyone know what timeline I should expect from here for PPR and CoPR?

Can't believe it's been over 3 years since application was submitted and I am about to see a positive end to this. Fingers crossed! God is great!
Good for your family!
DM2 needs to happen before PPR/PR Portal invitation. When was your mom's medical pass?

Miracles19

Jan 26, 2019
My parents arrived in June my Dad got his pr card, but my mom had to redo the picture and we didn't hear anything after that. They need to go back home for couple of months can my mom leave and I send her the pr card?

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
My parents arrived in June my Dad got his pr card, but my mom had to redo the picture and we didn't hear anything after that. They need to go back home for couple of months can my mom leave and I send her the pr card?
the PR will come by post but she needs to collected it in person at the post office ,what would you do in this case .meanwhile she is outside the country...
a scenario that will ruin the whole process ,patience and then she will get it and she can leave as she wishes .

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
the PR will come by post but she needs to collected it in person at the post office ,what would you do in this case .meanwhile she is outside the country...
a scenario that will ruin the whole process ,patience and then she will get it and she can leave as she wishes .
I thought most PR cards were mailed to mailing address?

LL2019

Dec 1, 2022
Few updates:
1. No response to the webform yet.
2. Followed up here with my local MP's office who have taken all the details and are going to follow up with the immigration people asking the revoke reason and the overall status.
3. Received 2nd medical request 3 days back for both of my parents (their 1st medicals expired on Nov 18) who have gone ahead and completed the medicals yesterday.

Looks like we are back in the loop of getting medicals done, update and waiting for another PPR request. I am hoping if MP's office could help us expedite the PPR request after 2nd medicals are reflected in the system. Have no idea if that's possible.
Hi gg08,

My application has been proceeded for 42 months. I also seek for local MP office's help, but unfortunately, I have not received any feedback from them yet. Do you mind providing some advices on it? Thanks.

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
Hi gg08,

My application has been proceeded for 42 months. I also seek for local MP office's help, but unfortunately, I have not received any feedback from them yet. Do you mind providing some advices on it? Thanks.
Disturb you MP like they owe you money. My MP ignored me and I found out that sometimes the "queaky wheel gets the grease". I sent my MP's office email every week till they had no choice but to respond. I also called and left voicemails.

It was very uncomfortable for me but they finally answered. I am not saying your MP can expedite but they can provide information on what IRCC says is going on.

Unfortunately, I think your MP will have a faster response from IRCC than you.

2. Order GCMS notes
3. Web equity to the actual processing office

Good luck!

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
its a document for Canada post sent to the mailing address to go and pick up the letter ( the letter from IRCC in this case with the PR) from Canada post with ID and signature .
Hmmmm...... This is new information and the first I'm hearing of it. Thanks for let me know.

We are expecting my sister's card soon so will update.

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
Hmmmm...... This is new information and the first I'm hearing of it. Thanks for let me know.

We are expecting my sister's card soon so will update.
We received my sister's PR card today. There was no need to go to Canada Post or pick up from anywhere. It was dumped in our mailbox waiting for us...

Last edited: