+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
@robertp @laxsun @serious_cheese @deryk.rodrigues can you please update the tracker? I don't see a line number anymore. My username is acalinao.

-November 14, 2022 - Request for Police Certificate, IMM5562: Supplementary Information for travel history, and IMM 5669 for dependent who just turned 18.

Is the travel history just travel outside of the home country?

Thank you.
Yes, travel history should include records of visits outside the country of citizenship for the duration of more than six months.

BCTechy

Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Online - London VO
NOC Code......
n/a
App. Filed.......
12-01-2022
Doc's Request.
04-10-2022
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
28-02-2022
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
01-03-2022
Med's Request
13-03-2022
Med's Done....
23-07-2022
Interview........
n/a
Any has sent passport to London(UK) office for visa stamping? How long it took to receive the passport back?
They are quoting 2 months to get them back.

BCTechy

Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Online - London VO
NOC Code......
n/a
App. Filed.......
12-01-2022
Doc's Request.
04-10-2022
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
28-02-2022
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
01-03-2022
Med's Request
13-03-2022
Med's Done....
23-07-2022
Interview........
n/a
So last night, we got the passport request. ECAS says decision made too but on MyCIC it still says background check in progress. Is this it?? or should we expect further requests in between? I want to be excited but really expecting the worst lol!
Congratulations! PPR is PPR, that means you are at decision made regardless of what the MyCIC says.

Reactions: exquisite

BCTechy

Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Online - London VO
NOC Code......
n/a
App. Filed.......
12-01-2022
Doc's Request.
04-10-2022
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
28-02-2022
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
01-03-2022
Med's Request
13-03-2022
Med's Done....
23-07-2022
Interview........
n/a
URGENT URGENT HELP NEEDED. Parents are stranded at Delhi airport. They have their tickets booked for tonight to come to Toronto for their landing. Airlines checkin system says my mother's (main applicant) Temporary visa has been revoked - all behind the scenes by Canada govt. My father - who is dependent - is allowed to travel which is insane. The airlines guy says this has been happening alot lately. (Their temporary visa is valid till Nov 18 i.e. medicals expiring 1 yr)

Is there any direct contact number here in Toronto to talk to someone? Pls advise ASAP!

Thanks!
May be a long shot, but you can try CBSA at the airport to confirm if the visa is valid and the airline is not screwed up. They may also be able to help with a number for IRCC in which you can speak to someone helpful.

acalinao

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Yes, travel history should include records of visits outside the country of citizenship for the duration of more than six months.
Thank you. No travel outside of the home country so the form is easy to fill out. What is the next step after this? Passport request?

OR@YT

Star Member
Jun 11, 2021
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
@robertp @laxsun @serious_cheese @deryk.rodrigues can you please update the tracker? I don't see a line number anymore. My username is acalinao.

-November 14, 2022 - Request for Police Certificate, IMM5562: Supplementary Information for travel history, and IMM 5669 for dependent who just turned 18.

Is the travel history just travel outside of the home country?

Thank you.
What is ur visa office

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
Portal email received today.

Reactions: laxsun

gg08

Star Member
Mar 22, 2012
May be a long shot, but you can try CBSA at the airport to confirm if the visa is valid and the airline is not screwed up. They may also be able to help with a number for IRCC in which you can speak to someone helpful.
Thanks for the reply. Airline staff confirmed with CBSA at the airport that the visa is showing revoked. There were other families too who had the same issues and could not board the flight. They have now returned home from the airport which is really unfortunate that they could not travel. Even after waiting for 3.5 yrs for PR for parents and getting PPR request, getting COPR, stamped Visa to travel on the passport, it is STILL not over!. So, please be careful all!
Who would have thought that the valid visa stamped on your passport is actually not valid? :-(

Next steps?:
1. I have submitted the webform but we all know they take 3-4 weeks to respond. Is there any IRCC contact number? Their 1 yr medicals are expiring on Nov 18. Looks like we will have to go through the same drill of getting medicals again.
2. If my parents visit the Canada Embassy at Delhi tomorrow, do you think it can help? Will the embassy guys even talk to them by just visiting (unplanned)?

Frustrating to the core!

• Sad
Reactions: BCTechy and YVR123

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
Thanks for the reply. Airline staff confirmed with CBSA at the airport that the visa is showing revoked. There were other families too who had the same issues and could not board the flight. They have now returned home from the airport which is really unfortunate that they could not travel. Even after waiting for 3.5 yrs for PR for parents and getting PPR request, getting COPR, stamped Visa to travel on the passport, it is STILL not over!. So, please be careful all!
Who would have thought that the valid visa stamped on your passport is actually not valid? :-(

Next steps?:
1. I have submitted the webform but we all know they take 3-4 weeks to respond. Is there any IRCC contact number? Their 1 yr medicals are expiring on Nov 18. Looks like we will have to go through the same drill of getting medicals again.
2. If my parents visit the Canada Embassy at Delhi tomorrow, do you think it can help? Will the embassy guys even talk to them by just visiting (unplanned)?

Frustrating to the core!
Oh dear! I'm sorry this is happening to you.

Though the medical expiration date is close but they should have at least waited till the expiration and/or sent you a notice...

I recommend contacting you MP ASAP they maybe the fastest to get through and sometimes they are useful. Also order your notes to see if anything changed.... This is WEIRD!

My goodness! Now I'm nervous for my parents!!!

God help us ...

Reactions: gg08

exquisite

Star Member
May 15, 2009

Next steps?:

Frustrating to the core!
This is terrible. Did they pass the medicals at the same time? Could it be that your mom's was actually received by CIC a couple of days earlier than your dad's? For my parents, there is a 6 day difference (Oct 13 and 7) but MyCiC shows Oct 18 as medical is passed date.

gg08

Star Member
Mar 22, 2012
This is terrible. Did they pass the medicals at the same time? Could it be that your mom's was actually received by CIC a couple of days earlier than your dad's? For my parents, there is a 6 day difference (Oct 13 and 7) but MyCiC shows Oct 18 as medical is passed date.
Thanks, So how did you find the above dates and the dates difference for your parents?

My parents order:
  • Medicals completed at Delhi - Nov 10, 2021 (same date for both parents). This is the date on the medical reports which says - (Receiving date/time, Result entry date/time & Reporting date/time)
  • Medicals passed date under mycic for both parents - Nov 18, 2021
  • Travel date booked (when the visa for Mother showed revoked at the airport) - Nov 15, 2022
  • Temporary visa stamped on the Passport (after PPR request) valid till - Nov 18, 2022
Once we had submitted the Passports (during PPR request), Canada consulate at Delhi called my father to confirm if they can travel before Nov 18, 2022 and we confirmed yes - since it was 1 month only remaining for the Medicals to expire).

Last edited:

exquisite

Star Member
May 15, 2009
Thanks, So how did you find the above dates and the dates difference for your parents?

My parents order:
  • Medicals completed at Delhi - Nov 10, 2021 (same date for both parents). This is the date on the medical reports which says - (Receiving date/time, Result entry date/time & Reporting date/time)
  • Medicals passed date under mycic for both parents - Nov 18, 2021
  • Travel date booked (when the visa for Mother showed revoked at the airport) - Nov 15, 2022
  • Temporary visa stamped on the Passport (after PPR request) valid till - Nov 18, 2022
Once we had submitted the Passports (during PPR request), Canada consulate at Delhi called my father to confirm if they can travel before Nov 18, 2022 and we confirmed yes - since it was 1 month only remaining for the Medicals to expire).
Those dates were the dates that the medical facility confirmed they have sent the results to CIC. For us, actual detail per MyCIC says medical results passed Oct 18 but VISA expiry date is Oct 12, 2023. Our background check was listed as completed 6/7/2021 but they didn't ask for a renewed one. Your experience has just unlocked more anxieties for me!

I hope your issue gets resolved and pls keep us updated as well

Reactions: gg08

exquisite

Star Member
May 15, 2009
Hi everyone, my parents passport was submitted to VFS on Monday and we received it back on Thursday. Yay right? Today we received an email from CE CSC Do not reply address:

We acknowledge receipt of the documents and wish to inform you that they have been added to the file. Please note, for technical reasons, they may not be visible in your online account. Rest assured that your supporting documents are indeed added and available for officer review.

· If your enquiry was solely to provide documents, please note this is the only response you will receive.

· If your enquiry included additional questions in addition to the documents, they will be addressed separately, as soon as possible.

While your application is being processed, we recommend consulting the Check your application status.

Now, I wonder if this is with regards to the additional disclosures we submitted back in Oct 4? or could this be just them acknowledging receipt of passport? Im not sure. Im scared that our visa will get compromised

Seniors please kindly respond