+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

mama800

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Hi All,

Quick question - Has anyone have any experience with Canada Protection Plan in terms of their insurance packages and how reliable they are with Life Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance and Health and Dental Insurance.

Would appreciate any insight

Thanks.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
@laxsun, Finally received passport with visa and CoPR yesterday from New Delhi through courier. it took 3 year and 3 months and 3 medicals tests (lol) to complete the process.

Please update my timeline as below:

Decision made for PA: 10 Aug 2022
PPR: 12 Aug 2022
Passport Submitted: 16 Aug 2022
Passport Received with CoPR: 25 Aug 2022.

Best of luck everyone.
Congratulations and best wishes for smooth landing!

ScarletSails

Dec 3, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone. My parents are living in home country. My 17-year-old brother is studying here in Canada and living with me (I am his legal custodian). I submitted the application to sponsor my parents in November 2021, and my 17-year-old brother is a dependent. If my application is approved, my parents will come here to land to become permanent residents. I am wondering how my brother as a dependent can become a permanent resident while staying in Canada? Has anyone had a similar experience with the principal applicant being in home country and a dependent being in Canada? Thanks so much in advance!

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
Hi everyone. My parents are living in home country. My 17-year-old brother is studying here in Canada and living with me (I am his legal custodian). I submitted the application to sponsor my parents in November 2021, and my 17-year-old brother is a dependent. If my application is approved, my parents will come here to land to become permanent residents. I am wondering how my brother as a dependent can become a permanent resident while staying in Canada? Has anyone had a similar experience with the principal applicant being in home country and a dependent being in Canada? Thanks so much in advance!
For inland applicants, I believe its virtual landing procedure, they have a link for that category. Its shouldn't be a problem.

Reactions: ScarletSails

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
Any one from pakistan. Two questions
1. Where passport goes for stamping, Islamabad or abu dhabi
2. Do you get one passport request letter for both principal applicant and dependent.
Thanks and regards

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Any one from pakistan. Two questions
1. Where passport goes for stamping, Islamabad or abu dhabi
2. Do you get one passport request letter for both principal applicant and dependent.
Thanks and regards
Only PA will get the PPR and there will be options to send passports.

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
Only PA will get the PPR and there will be options to send passports.
Hi @laxsun what you mean by options to send passports. My parents in Pakistan and passports will be sent through vfs for stamping.
@laxsun good news to share. Got pp request today. No decision made on ecas or mycic, direct PPR. I think new protocol of ircc in place to clear backlog.

Reactions: laxsun

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
**URGENT**
My parents got their PR in Dec 2021 and when we got their COPR we realized in the country of issue of their travel document (passport) it was mentioned Spain.
They are Indian Citizen but their last passports were renewed in Spain so it was our mistake we put Spain in the country of issue on the PR application but we never realized that it should be India, we only realized that when we saw it on COPR.
So we sent a request to amend the documents along with the Indian passport copy (the same passport that was submitted with initial app)
Today we got letter from IRCC stating the request has been refused because the information is as per our origibal application.

As well as they mentioned a line “In addition, your crime conviction information has already been updated and reflected in your TRP application”
This is freaking us out, what do they mean by this, it was not misrepresentation, since we submitted passport copies along with the application, it was genuine mistake that we thought country of issue is actual “place of issue”.
Does anyone know what do they mean by that line.
Please advise!
I am so worried

Here is the whole letter

“”We have now completed the assessment of your request to amend your Confirmation of Permanent
Residence (IMM5688, IMM5292 or IMM1000). Unfortunately, your request to amend the RAVEL
DOCUMENT COUNTRY OF ISSUE from
'SPAIN' to 'INDIA' is refused.
Please refer to the instruction guide (IMM5218) for amendments and corrections that can be made.

The documents completed for your admission to Canada as a permanent resident were issued based on the
information you provided at the time of your landing, including the passport you initially provided. In
addition, your crime conviction information has already been updated and reflected in your TRP
application.

Following the examination of your request, we are not satisfied that an error was made in recording your
information. Please do not resubmit your request unless you have additional evidence that an error was
made in recording the information provided to Citizenship and Immigration upon original application for
Permanent Residence. The issuance date of the documents supporting your application for an amendment
must be dated prior to the issuance date of the Record of Landing.”

Last edited:

vatish

Star Member
May 9, 2013
Hi,

I have a few questions about medical benefits:

1. My parents will be joining me in Ontario, can they apply for health card (OHIP) right after they land or do they need to wait for 3 months?
2. They are more than 70 years old so I believe their prescription medicines will be covered by OHIP. Should I look for more medical/dental insurance or does OHIP covers everything for senior permanent residents ?

Thanks!
Requesting response, thanks!

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
how long can parents stay outside of Canada after first landing? After living here for 7 months, my parents decided to go back and stay home for a year, is this allowed? What is the maximum time can they be outside of Canada to maintain PR card? They have no interest in becoming Canadian.

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
how long can parents stay outside of Canada after first landing? After living here for 7 months, my parents decided to go back and stay home for a year, is this allowed? What is the maximum time can they be outside of Canada to maintain PR card? They have no interest in becoming Canadian.
They have to be in Canada 2 years in total out of the 5 years starting the day they became PR, in total of 2 years, not consecutive, can be several trips but has to be 2 years(exact days you can check on IRCC website

Reactions: nguyentu2001