+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

rimpysadhrey

Star Member
May 29, 2018
Then he has to land first.
Did you update the addresses of dependents?

I believe that he will send passport for stamp/COPR and once he landed in Canada, dependents will get PPR/virtual landing instruction in Canada.

But others who has went through this process can confirm. Make sure that IRCC knows that dependents are in Canada and need to land after PA landed.
IRCC know about the address as the letter has Canadian address for all, even though when i updated the dependents address to mentioned they only dependent are in Canada

ANITA JIWANI

Jul 16, 2011
Hello, any idea how long does it take to receive the PR card? My parents landed Toronto on 5th July 2022, it's been 7 weeks but haven't got any updates... Is there any possible way to Know the status of PR card?

Thank you

Reactions: caninfoseeker

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
I am not sure if anyone did , but I don't think that hypertension could become a reason for 2nd Medical or any other detailed request. All I know that a further medical assessment is asked when the person had a TB or HIV history.
Hope it goes like that, their faulty machine recorded 195/95 BP while at home it is 138/84 or 152/90 maximum (with medication) normally. received email that results submitted (dr said that first it goes to Manila regional HO of IOM). I am saying faulty machine because it also scale up my mothers bp to 145 (while at home it is 110 to 120). I wish they had asked the nurse to check her own bp to prove that machine is worthy to record bp.

Last edited:

worlduser

Oct 10, 2019
Also, can someone please guide how to apply for the SIN card, specially the proof of address document, what kind of document we can provide ?
If you go to apply in person to apply for SIN card then they won't ask you provide proof of address but if you apply online then they will need it. For my mother they initially rejected SIN application as obviously there was nothing we can provide as proof of address in her name then they asked me (the sponsor) to write a letter stating that she is my mother and consider my address as hers too as I have sponsored with my signature and address and upload it and got approved for SIN card 2 days after.

Reactions: muzmil

mama800

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Hi All,

Aside from applying for SIN card and Provincial Health card, is there anything else I should be applying for after parents landing?

Can she apply for Old Age Security?

If she wants to get a provincial driver license, does she need to write the written test and as well do the road test, being a 65yrs old, if there is any exemptions.

Feedback would be highly appreciated.

acalinao

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Looking for some advice.

My mother in law and my husband's father went their separate ways years ago. There is no divorce in her home country and her and her husband have been estranged for many years. She does not know where he is or any of his family is. After they were separated for years, she had a common law relationship and had four more children. They also went separate ways years ago. The kids have not seen their father for about 16 years. One of the dependents on the application is currently 17 but will be 18 in October.

Immigration has asked for the divorce certificate from her husband and legal separation papers from her ex-common law partner. These documents do not exist. Would a letter explaining the situation be ok in this case?

They have also asked for IMM 5604 which is the Declaration from Non-Accompanying Parent/Guardian for Minors Immigrating to Canada Form. He has been MIA for so many years and is unable to contact him. What can be done about this? What other forms can be submitted? Also, since she will be 18 by the time she arrives, will the form even be necessary?

The letter does say that if we cannot provide the information requested that we need to write a letter explaining why it is not available and evidence. What evidence can be provided in this case? Would a signed affidavit suffice? Is there an official immigration form we can use for an affidavit? I can't seem to find one.

Thank you for your help.

Last edited:

vatish

Star Member
May 9, 2013
Hi,

I have a few questions about medical benefits:

1. My parents will be joining me in Ontario, can they apply for health card (OHIP) right after they land or do they need to wait for 3 months?
2. They are more than 70 years old so I believe their prescription medicines will be covered by OHIP. Should I look for more medical/dental insurance or does OHIP covers everything for senior permanent residents ?

Thanks!

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
Hope it goes like that, their faulty machine recorded 195/95 BP while at home it is 138/84 or 152/90 maximum (with medication) normally. received email that results submitted (dr said that first it goes to Manila regional HO of IOM). I am saying faulty machine because it also scale up my mothers bp to 145 (while at home it is 110 to 120). I wish they had asked the nurse to check her own bp to prove that machine is worthy to record bp.
Medical passed on 24 august 2022. For record and benefits of others high bp due to white coat will be ignored if serum creatinine and heart size in chest x ray is normal.

Reactions: laxsun

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi All,

Aside from applying for SIN card and Provincial Health card, is there anything else I should be applying for after parents landing?

Can she apply for Old Age Security?

If she wants to get a provincial driver license, does she need to write the written test and as well do the road test, being a 65yrs old, if there is any exemptions.

Feedback would be highly appreciated.
She need to be a residenent and live in Canada for 10 years since age of 18. Did she live in Canada before? Some specific countries have agreement with Canada. You will need to check those.

https://www.canada.ca/en/services/benefits/publicpensions/cpp/old-age-security/eligibility.html

• resides in Canada and has resided in Canada for at least 10 years since the age of 18
Did she have a drivers license before and from where? Which province does she want to get her driver's license? (exemptions will be based on her current DL and driving experience)
Her age will only make it harder for her to get a DL, not easier.

ANITA JIWANI

Jul 16, 2011
Could anyone please share their landing experience at YVR? What documentation should parents carry other than CoPR?
My parents landed at yyz and process was very simple they asked for copr, Canadian home Adress, if they are carrying anything more then Can$10000 and some info about kids in the interview.
The entire process took 3.5 hours.

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
If you go to apply in person to apply for SIN card then they won't ask you provide proof of address but if you apply online then they will need it. For my mother they initially rejected SIN application as obviously there was nothing we can provide as proof of address in her name then they asked me (the sponsor) to write a letter stating that she is my mother and consider my address as hers too as I have sponsored with my signature and address and upload it and got approved for SIN card 2 days after.
Thanks, if possible can you share the picture of the letter (hiding personal info) submitted ?

mama800

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
She need to be a residenent and live in Canada for 10 years since age of 18. Did she live in Canada before? Some specific countries have agreement with Canada. You will need to check those.

https://www.canada.ca/en/services/benefits/publicpensions/cpp/old-age-security/eligibility.html

• resides in Canada and has resided in Canada for at least 10 years since the age of 18
Did she have a drivers license before and from where? Which province does she want to get her driver's license? (exemptions will be based on her current DL and driving experience)
Her age will only make it harder for her to get a DL, not easier.
Thank you