+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
At what stage your case is?
Waiting on passport to be returned from Accra.

I will post my timeline soon (waiting to receive the PP first). But I did get a call from London Ontario Office and that's how I knew it was there. They carried out a mini "interview" with me about my parents, after the "interview" the person (he) responded; I am satisfied with this and your answers (or something in those lines) and then I got a question so where do you want to send your PP to Accra or Niarobi? I chose Niarobi at first because I did not want anything to do with Accra but then he informed me they have to go in person so we changed to Accra. However, upon reading the instructions we don't have to go in person but we could not change it because our PPR was extremely specific to Accra and we were warned to use the office we agreed on.
I initially thought it was a scam (I still do) since I have never heard of such but indeed I got the PPR instructions 30mins after the "interview". I have been in disbelief ever since, so it's hard for me to talk about it till I get the PP in hand and see it is stamped (I don't want to put negativity in the air..lol)

Over 2 years and 10months with 0 communication and all of a sudden a call and boom you get PPR after.

Last edited:
Reactions: caninfoseeker

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
Waiting on passport to be returned from Accra.

I will post my timeline soon (waiting to receive the PP first). But I did get a call from London Ontario Office and that's how I knew it was there. They carried out a mini "interview" with me about my parents after the "interview" I am satisfied with this and your answers (or something in those lines) and then I got a question so where do you want to send your PP to Accra or Niarobi? I chose Niarobi at first because I did not want anything to do with Accra but then he informed me they have to go in person so we changed to Accra. However, upon reading the instructions we don't have to go in person but we could not change it because our PPR was extremely specific to Accra and we were warned to use the office we agreed on.
I initially thought it was a scam (I still do) since I have never heard of such but indeed I got the PPR instructions with 30mins of the call. I have been in disbelief ever since, so it's hard for me to talk about it till I get the PP in hand and see it is stamped (I don't want to put negativity in the air..lol)

Over 2 years and 10months with 0 communication and all of a sudden a call and boom you get PPR after.
wow! @Ketobaby in my language there is saying that "fruit of patience is very sweet" our cases are similar, same blackout for 2y10m, case shift to london ON and quick processing, God willing if medical goes well then soon pp request . Thanks for sharing your story. God willing you will get you stamped pp with in 2 week.

Reactions: Hamied and Ketobaby

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
Hello Guys, Thanks God just received an information letter to submit PP ; they have given 2 options, either submit passport to Islamabad or if in Canada send to case processing center Ottawa. Now my questions are

1. Does anyone know how many days it might take for Ottawa to stamp the passport ?
2. After landing how many days it might take to get the PR card ?

Thanks everyone for your support !!

Hamied

Feb 20, 2016
Hello Guys, Thanks God just received an information letter to submit PP ; they have given 2 options, either submit passport to Islamabad or if in Canada send to case processing center Ottawa. Now my questions are

1. Does anyone know how many days it might take for Ottawa to stamp the passport ?

Wow. Many congrats :)

Reactions: muzmil

Hamied

Feb 20, 2016

Sorry, I don't have the answers for your questions but I'm sure the other members will respond soon. I have a question for you though regarding where your parents file is. Is it in London, UK or in Vancouver. I have similar dates as you but file is in Vancouver.

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
I am trying to figure out the next steps , after i send the PP , most probably, to Ottawa; Can someone advise what will happen next ?

g_gurna

Star Member
Apr 26, 2015
Hello,
Does anyone have any idea how long does it take for IRCC officer to review the submit documents and photo in PR portal online and issue Landing Document to download?

marylatt

Star Member
Nov 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2011
Nomination.....
09-06-2011 (CSQ received)
AOR Received.
17-01-2011
File Transfer...
09-06-2011 (beginning of federal process)
Med's Request
22-10-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2012
Interview........
Name showed up on e-cas: 26-03-2012
Passport Req..
14-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2013
Hi everyone, update here. My mother just got her passport request today, July 25, after nearly 3 years. Her address listed is in Brazil but she's currently visiting me here. Luckily the letter specified that we should contact them by webform to do virtual landing if she was currently in Canada.

I think this means the landing will be pretty soon, right?

Please update @robertp @YULIA-2016 :)

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
Hello,
Does anyone have any idea how long does it take for IRCC officer to review the submit documents and photo in PR portal online and issue Landing Document to download?
Hello , Did you send your passport and the photos to ottawa ? how many days it took to get the passport back ? and whats the next steps once we recieve the passport back ?

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
Sorry, I don't have the answers for your questions but I'm sure the other members will respond soon. I have a question for you though regarding where your parents file is. Is it in London, UK or in Vancouver. I have similar dates as you but file is in Vancouver.
Hello , file is in London , UK - Did you update your parents address to canada ?

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney

Congratulations. Great news

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
Please can any one from Pakistan share experience of getting appointment for medical test from IOM. I have emailed them on 22nd july but no reply yet. Do they only answer if email received in working hours? Thanks for your input