+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Only cash in case of exceeding CAD 10,000 has to be declared while landing.
If your parents have plans to transfer funds or assets to acquire properties here, they have good opportunity to declare during landing.
The best thing is that you consult an experienced financial advisor. It is difficult to get good advise in thread about this. @YVR123
this is correct. No idea what is exactly the right thing to do in terms of best for them. Consult with fiancial advisor/accountant etc.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Didn't talk. Got the medicals done today - doctor visit at clinic, then blood work & x-ray at hospital. It is just too crazy to have to do medicals again and again and again.
Photo is already uploaded on portal. So hopefully the good news soon.
Did you receive e-COPR after uploading photos?
e-COPR and PR Cards are important to be received for your parents.

Irshad67

Feb 1, 2020
Hi
Yesterday I have received Pre arrival letter - hope next step is DM and PPR . How long will take as medical is getting expire in June
Application in Vancouver for processing
Principal applicant is in Pakistan
Received 2nd Medical- keeping us busy

WM-PK

Mar 19, 2022
Applied in June 2019, application is till in progress. In June 2022, it will be 3 years . Mother's medical expire after one year, now they have requested another medical . Parents are in Pakistan. Just so let you folks know that 3 years is a normal waiting time. Thank you for refugee applications which are being processed on priority basis, leaving parents immigration on side.

mubashirathar56

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Hello, I applied for my parents visa in 2019. After 3 years wait time, yesterday got Medicals request (first time) for both. Today I received another request letter to submit Police certificates.

I originally submitted the police certificates few months after application submission. Do I need to now produce new ones? it was a lengthy process from Pakistan and the thing is my father (Principal applicant) is in Canada already on visit visa so not sure how can I get one for him. Will it be okay if I re-submit the same police certificates again? any other applicant did that?

AradhanaDakua

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
My husband sponsored his parents from Alberta province. Now they receive the passport submission request, can they land in Ontario because my husband's brother lives there? If not, can they land in Alberta, get their health card and everything set up for Alberta and then move to Ontario? does anyone know if their medical will be covered in Ontario if they have an Alberta Health card?

FJalvi

Nov 1, 2020
He
Hello all,

I just received the pre arrival and medical test letter. Application submitted in May2019, however I am still unable to link the application to the online account. Have filled out multiple web forms and always received the same generic reply about linking an application to online account.
Has anyone else have the same problem? Any help will be appreciated
UPdate: I was not entering the number of people included in the application correctly. This could not be pointed out over numerous emails to the IRCC and multiple phone calls.

FJalvi

Nov 1, 2020
Hi, can anyone please let me know how long does it take for the medical to expire? I just did a medical for my mom and she is already in Canada on super visa.
Also, can I get the police certificate made preemptively before they ask me for it? If so, can someone share the format of the letter they sent out so I can start working on the certificate for it?
Thanks

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hi, can anyone please let me know how long does it take for the medical to expire? I just did a medical for my mom and she is already in Canada on super visa.
Also, can I get the police certificate made preemptively before they ask me for it? If so, can someone share the format of the letter they sent out so I can start working on the certificate for it?
Thanks
Normally medical will expire after one year of passing date.
There is no format for PCC but you can send it pro-actively.

iliveinbanff

Star Member
May 3, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
25-04-2019
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
Med's Request
19-12-2019
Hello, I applied for my parents visa in 2019. After 3 years wait time, yesterday got Medicals request (first time) for both. Today I received another request letter to submit Police certificates.

I originally submitted the police certificates few months after application submission. Do I need to now produce new ones? it was a lengthy process from Pakistan and the thing is my father (Principal applicant) is in Canada already on visit visa so not sure how can I get one for him. Will it be okay if I re-submit the same police certificates again? any other applicant did that?
Yes you need to provide updated police certificate as I believe it is only valid for 1 year. My mom got request for police certificate 2x. Be patient as everything will come be done soon.

iliveinbanff

Star Member
May 3, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
25-04-2019
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
Med's Request
19-12-2019
Good morning everyone. My mom will come to land next month. She received medical surveillance undertaking IMM0535. Do I have to book that before she arrives here next month? Or do I need to wait for them to call us? She will stay here for 3 weeks then she will be back to the US again. Thank you for all your input.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Good morning everyone. My mom will come to land next month. She received medical surveillance undertaking IMM0535. Do I have to book that before she arrives here next month? Or do I need to wait for them to call us? She will stay here for 3 weeks then she will be back to the US again. Thank you for all your input.
You can wait for their call for medical surveillance.
The CBSA officer may ask your mom how long she will stay in Canada.
They want PRs to stay here for sometime after landing.

prishah

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
3 year anniversary since my application received on June 19, 2019 is approaching! Application is still in process!

UNBELIEVABLE!!
me too have almost 3 years for my parents sponsorship application is forwarding, finally we got good news and eventually received eCo-PR. This is all about waiting game and patience. My parents arrived in Canada in October 2021 and I extend their stay in order to get faster PR process, eventually everything is work out in the end. I'm going to cancel their Visa extension application and refund my money back since they received their CoPR . I really wish everyone just to keep faith and pray , you all deserve your parents get PR in coming days

Reactions: rockwidme